Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absurd)
    See this post by XCRUSHESX.
    Great, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what sizes the tops and trousers go up to with the plum uniform?

Im fairly heavily built and am anxious that the uniform wont fit me...

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know why some people havnt been taxed on this months wages ive earnt 900+ this month and only payed NI, im not complaining or anything but i dont want them to double tax me next pay day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lAscend)
    does anyone know why some people havnt been taxed on this months wages ive earnt 900+ this month and only payed NI, im not complaining or anything but i dont want them to double tax me next pay day?
    You're allowed to earn about 6k before you start paying tax. It doesn't go on how much you earn per month, only per year, april to april. Do you know roughly how much you have earnt since april this year?

ReputationRep:
    My team leader came up to me today and said the person I have replaced was on 39 hours per week, and that although it is completely up to me, they'd like it if I could add on another 12 hours to my current 27 hours.

I don't want to do this; I could, but it would really be an effort to fit everything in, and at 6.07 an hour, I don't really think it is worth it.

How would I tell him I can't do it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    My team leader came up to me today and said the person I have replaced was on 39 hours per week, and that although it is completely up to me, they'd like it if I could add on another 12 hours to my current 27 hours.

I don't want to do this; I could, but it would really be an effort to fit everything in, and at 6.07 an hour, I don't really think it is worth it.

I always feel guilty if I cant do something they need.
    Maybe just say you have given it serious thought, but it would just be too much for you.
    I'm sure they would rather you were honest now, than buckle later on & let them down?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    You're allowed to earn about 6k before you start paying tax. It doesn't go on how much you earn per month, only per year, april to april. Do you know roughly how much you have earnt since april this year?
    Oh right ok thanks ive earnt bout 4250 so far

(Original post by miml)

"Sorry, I can't, I don't have the time"

Their fault for not advertising the full time shift in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    anyone know how much the Harry potter dvd is in work tomorow?

i checked R.S.S when i was in the desk today and it says 15.99!! that cant be right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)

when i am asked if i can do extra hours that i can't do i just say 'sorry but i am busy, or i have to do ..... then, sorry.' they will understand i am sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angeo)

i checked R.S.S when i was in the desk today and it says 15.99!! that cant be right.
    Its on offer at £7

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asriel)
    Its on offer at £7
    7 quid?? thats awesome lol i was expecting 12 quid but 7 wow. thanks.
    how do you know?

ReputationRep:
    harry p has been advertised on tv at £7, shame asda have undercut them by 29 pennies.
    our store started to tannoy the price on friday, anyone reckon there might be a queue like modern warefare? i doubt it but you never know about harry p fans, one lady also pre-booked the standees of the characters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angeo)
    7 quid?? thats awesome lol i was expecting 12 quid but 7 wow. thanks.
    how do you know?
    There was an advert for it in Saunsburys on the goggle box all weekend :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mug51)
    harry p has been advertised on tv at £7, shame asda have undercut them by 29 pennies.
    our store started to tannoy the price on friday, anyone reckon there might be a queue like modern warefare? i doubt it but you never know about harry p fans, one lady also pre-booked the standees of the characters.
    We still get it cheaper than Asda are doing it for, what with our discount

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angeo)

I was told £7.99 -shrug-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    We still get it cheaper than Asda are doing it for, what with our discount
    oh we certainly do, but customers don't , i want us to be cheapest so we can sell loads.
    sainsburys obviously want a bit of the entertainment cake. all good for me as i want my department to beat last years sales so i can leave on a high. I say leave but i've been saying that for 6 months lol.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really glad I'm not going in tomorrow. GM is going to be a Harry Potter query minefield.

ReputationRep:
    im going into work tomorow morning to buy it because my manager wouldnt save me one for when i come into work for my hours which is half 5 i hate him

also, i had a customer come to the desk to ask if we had any 3d glasses haha, is he for real? the 3d week is over. and when i told him no, he went ballistic.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    is harry potter really that popular?!?!

and haha wow tell him to go on ebay! why would they want them NOW?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.