Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkdonut)
    OMG I better not get till trained :woo: ... Oh and thats soooo true, everyone keeps saying that the online shoppers always finish there work early, and then the G.O.L team leader was like "We will just stick you in another department" .. RUDE! ... anywhere but tills - i've had enough of them in my previous job lol
    Ah so the Online Shoppers have a little bit of a lazy reputation then :p: !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longorefisher)
    Ah so the Online Shoppers have a little bit of a lazy reputation then :p: !
    Noooo lol...its just when your done collecting for all the orders, thats it! and depending on how quick people are it can be over with in like seconds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukely)
    Depends what you're doing mate. What's the job you got then?
    Its for a General Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkdonut)
    Noooo lol...its just when your done collecting for all the orders, thats it! and depending on how quick people are it can be over with in like seconds

So, how does the system work with you being paid?
    Do you get paid for the hours scheduled, or how long you take to 'shop'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    Got stuck on a 6 hour shift on the Kiosk today. God almighty, I want to hang myself
    Ahh I like the kiosk, lol I'm dissapointed if I'm not put in it. However if i'm alone in there for a few hours it's not fun and some of the customers really need to visit the healthy and beauty area (mostly the lot who buy rizla papers or amber leaf boxes) :p:

Lol on the checkout girl blog thingy she mentions the sex jokes when guys are using the pin pads. I actually overheard that happening to one of my colleagues lol. I remember 'Is it all the way in' and 'Am I pushing all the right buttons' lol

ReputationRep:
    I keep on getting rejected because of the Online Questionnaire :'( this is actually upsetting me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maxxie)
    Ahh I like the kiosk, lol I'm dissapointed if I'm not put in it. However if i'm alone in there for a few hours it's not fun and some of the customers really need to visit the healthy and beauty area (mostly the lot who buy rizla papers or amber leaf boxes) :p: [/B]
    Eurgh, we get plenty of people who could visit their.

(Original post by Maxxie)
    Lol on the checkout girl blog thingy she mentions the sex jokes when guys are using the pin pads. I actually overheard that happening to one of my colleagues lol. I remember 'Is it all the way in' and 'Am I pushing all the right buttons' lol [/B]
    had a proper creepy guy once, and he was like 'do you want me to put it in' :zomg: not niiiice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    It's because they're going to be doing what I wrote about earlier. Hire as many 'General Assistants' and till train them. And then go crazy with the service calls!

I know that certain departments get neglected when it comes to Christmas, but it's stupid. Because we know where the new recruits will end up going.. :yes:
    Psht.. I might take xmas week off on holiday without them knowing :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    I keep on getting rejected because of the Online Questionnaire :'( this is actually upsetting me
    I had to get my dad to help me :o: just keep trying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotsofsnails)
    I had to get my dad to help me :o: just keep trying
    doubt he would know what to do, this is like my 20th application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShortyGetLow)
    So, how does the system work with you being paid?
    Do you get paid for the hours scheduled, or how long you take to 'shop'?
    We get paid the same as everyone else, for the hours scheduled. We dont sit around scratching our derriers when the shoppings all done, we go & help on other departments & stack shelves :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    We get paid the same as everyone else, for the hours scheduled. We dont sit around scratching our derriers when the shoppings all done, we go & help on other departments & stack shelves :mad:

Oh kewl, I hope you don't think that was a dig? I was just generally asking

ReputationRep:
    well not working at sainsbury's :sad:

Off sinsbury's topic but I think I might be getting another job although not sure....if the place you applyed to askes you if you are currently working then askes if you can work certain hours and how far off you live is that a good bet that you've got it? I e-mailed them back waiting for a reply now. So hopefully as it's £6.00 p/h for a 17 year old 2 days a week (sat and sun). So really hoping

(Original post by Sociallyanxious)
    well not working at sainsbury's :sad:

Off sinsbury's topic but I think I might be getting another job although not sure....if the place you applyed to askes you if you are currently working then askes if you can work certain hours and how far off you live is that a good bet that you've got it? I e-mailed them back waiting for a reply now. So hopefully as it's £6.00 p/h for a 17 year old 2 days a week (sat and sun). So really hoping
    No it doesn't mean you've got it, but this really is for Sainsburys things only.

ReputationRep:
    Oh kewl, I hope you don't think that was a dig? I was just generally asking
    No the :mad: was for stacking shelves lol
    People do tend to say that shoppers have the cushtiest job though. Probably true, I am happy there for now.
    On a sadder note i'm back there at 5am tomorrow after a week off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    No the :mad: was for stacking shelves lol
    People do tend to say that shoppers have the cushtiest job though. Probably true, I am happy there for now.
    On a sadder note i'm back there at 5am tomorrow after a week off
    gdgd :') i hate stacking shelves too
    ew, thats rubbish. I hate the feeling of going back after some time off.

When you do the shopping etc do you go through the tills and pack it too?
    Dream job for me ahah. I love packing

ReputationRep:
    Is it just my store or is this happening everywhere.. come September we're no longer selling alcohol after 8pm?

gdgd :') i hate stacking shelves too
    ew, thats rubbish. I hate the feeling of going back after some time off.

When you do the shopping etc do you go through the tills and pack it too?
    Dream job for me ahah. I love packing
    Nah we have bags on our trolleys that customers like to nick for free nectar points lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Nah we have bags on our trolleys that customers like to nick for free nectar points lol.

durr, of course you don't have to go through the till they've already paid aha.
    Sorry, silly moment there lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Haha. Besides - most people don't realise that Nectar points are NOT a good deal - 2 per pound and the trade-in rate is 500 points for £2.50. That works out at a 1% return! To earn anything substantial you need to be spending a lot:

10 weekly shops of £50 for £5 off.
    10 reused bags on 50 shopping trips is another £5.

Based on that - if you were to assume that a family spends £50 a week on shopping, reuses 10 bags (very, very high figure) per trip and shops 50 times a year in Sainsbury's; their total return from £3000 would be £30!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.