Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teh_samby)
    It's a woman? I thought it was a man.
    lol you made me listen to it again, could well be a man called gerry.

in that case i'd like to slap him with his boneless mackeral still in the packaging.

ReputationRep:
    did you guys get paid for your induction? i was told i would but then didn't get paid for it when i got my payslip.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    An upset customer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MACG...eature=related

Oh please..... I love telling a customer that I am not going to reduce the price of the product because the shelf price is cheaper than the till price.

If it was accidental, then you can tell the customer that it was priced up wrong, then they start blabbing on about false advertising, then I say to them "There is a clause in the law which states that we as a retailer are allowed to refuse to sell an item if it was genuinely price incorrectly.

They always try it on with the more expensive stuff, then when you go with them to check the price, they accuse you of taking the price ticket off, and changing it, in the space of 30 seconds. Apparently I can write so well that it looks like a printed label. -rant over-

But yeh, I have experience that problem before. The yellow labels say 99p reduced from £1.99, and when scanned they still come up with £1.99. Dosen't happen often though, ive come across it a couple of times?

ReputationRep:
    Its obvious why it scanned through at the normal price, the reduction barcode isnt on properly, its supposed to be put on at an angle so it covers the original barcode, the tills would of been scanning the old barcode and not the sticker barcode.

Simplez.

That guy needs shooting though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    An upset customer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MACG...eature=related

that video just annoyed me lol. is that man just stupid?
    i work in the customer service desk and i deal with these problems all the time, all he needed to do is go to the desk not the manager and we would have refunded everything he was overcharged by.

customers who come to me with those problems get it sorted within a couple of seconds and are always happy once sorted. And if they get alot of reductions wrong and the custoemr isnt irate like he was, i normally give them some good will. if he came to my desk and moaned as much as he did, i wouldnt have even bothered with goodwill. learn to accept that people make mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    That guy is a genius. Milk cubes! Where (or how, rather) did he get that little hand scanner thing?

ReputationRep:
    I figured he meant self scan tills? Dunno :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    We dont have xmas music ( bah humbugs!
    We do however keep getting little kiddies from the local schools coming in for half an hour to sing. Thats something I guess!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    We dont have xmas music ( bah humbugs!
    We do however keep getting little kiddies from the local schools coming in for half an hour to sing. Thats something I guess!

We don't have xmas music either (or anymusic full stop) but when everyone goes home i listen to my mp3 player (work 7-10 with no customers or management). I wish we had christmas music though, it would make things more interesting.

No, ******* Christmas music. Thankfully they didn't play it on Saturday, but they did last Wednesday. Maybe the person in charge of the player had the hump. Whatever the reason, it suited me just fine.

ReputationRep:
    We have it, but on the tills I swear you can barely hear it! It depends on what song is playing though lol, there's usually some non xmas music thrown in there.

Finally got Harry Potter, nipped in tonight & spent my shining star on it haha. We were sold out yesterday and i didn't have a hance to get one

ReputationRep:
    OMG, i got a shining star a year ago and ive still not spent it, thanks for reminding me

ReputationRep:
    Lol! No problem haha :P I got mine in summer and i didn't know what to spnd it on..then HP came out and it dawned on me

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I have my interview for Customer Service Team Leader on Friday morning and I just wondered if anyone would be able to tell me what the interview is likely to entail. I am already a Supervisor and work full time. I'm sooooooo nervous lol.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how easy it is to change departments.

I am on counters at the moment and basically hate it but I dont want them to fire me for being rubbish at it - would they agree for me to change deps?

ReputationRep:
    I hate people that just come in to buy the reduced things, its allways the same people, coming up to you with items when you have a handset and asking are you going to reduce them, No they not from my department and we dont reduce items you bring us we have to get it of the RSS code checking list then put in the trolly,

also hate the people how hang in the shop for an hour or more bring back the item to you and ask are they going down again, No you picked it up at that price buy it or put it back, someone else will by it at that price was 1.39£ now 39p piss off thats a good deal.

hope he gets sick him off that video as most of the reduced things will have to eaten the next day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don_Scott)
    What Edinburgh store are you at? I've got an interview for a job at Cameron Toll on Monday!
    I'm not at Edinburgh I'm over in Fife! How'd it go?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainwiz)
    Anyone know how easy it is to change departments.

I am on counters at the moment and basically hate it but I dont want them to fire me for being rubbish at it - would they agree for me to change deps?
    Ooooh I have my first shift on Counters tonight - everyone seems to say they hate it so now I'm worried :rolleyes: Why do you hate it if you don't mind me asking? I'll probably be rubbish at it too, but at the end of the day it's a xmas job - so they only have to put up with me for 3 weeks.

We were told at our induction that if we didn't like our departments they had openings in the restaurant and produce replenishment, so we could just ask to change. I guess it depends on what your store has available though, and if they really need you on Counters.

I'm working 6.30pm-10.30pm tonight, although counters close @ 10pm. So no idea what am gonna do for the last 1/2 hour!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RandomGirly)
    I'm not at Edinburgh I'm over in Fife! How'd it go?!
    It was weird, really. The actual interview was only about ten minutes long and went fine. I also had to do that DVD quiz for about half an hour which was mostly pretty simple.

I should be getting a reply soon as I would have induction on Friday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don_Scott)
    It was weird, really. The actual interview was only about ten minutes long and went fine. I also had to do that DVD quiz for about half an hour which was mostly pretty simple.

I should be getting a reply soon as I would have induction on Friday.
    10 mins is longer than my actual interview! Did the DVD thing then got taken into a wee room where they asked what shifts can I do and what size uniform....that was it! We were all told two days later, so if your interview was Mon....you will prob hear today or tomorrow! :yes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.