Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by rhaco)
    Wuss, I worked 48 hours last week, I've just had my only day off this week and i'm working 9 hour shifts for the next 8 days
    Unlucky But I've got uni work to be doing as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhaco)
    Wuss, I worked 48 hours last week, I've just had my only day off this week and i'm working 9 hour shifts for the next 8 days

48 hours in Sainsbury's?! When do the men in white coats come round?

Honestly guys, that is maximum committment. Couldn't do it myself.

Commitment? Nothing to do with commitment. I just want the bloody money lol.

I'm going on a bit of a rant, so I apologise. But PTM has pissed me off (she's covering maternity leave!!). I gave Sainsbury's an inch, and it would appear they're not satisfied and want a mile. As some will know, I also work at another store, for another company (on Sat and Sun) and when I agreed to come back over Christmas, it was on the basis I'll be working on a Mon, Wed and Fri. Now, on the schedule I'm working every single day!

Spoiler:
    Show
    18th - 08:00 - 20:00
    19th - 08:00 - 20:00
    20th - 11:00 - 17:00
    21st - 06:00 - 12:00 18:00 - 00:00
    22nd - 06:00 - 12:00 18:00 - 00:00
    23rd - 06:00 - 12:00 18:00 - 00:00
    24th - 06:00 - 16:00
    27th - 11:00 - 17:00
    28th - 13:00 - 20:00
    29th - 13:00 - 20:00
    30th - 13:00 - 20:00

How unsociable are those hours? Plus, how come I get the **** split-shifts? I can't do ANYTHING on those days! :mad: Guess what the PTM says? 'But it's short notice and I don't think we'll be able to get cover; we're going to be so busy'. And? :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Commitment? Nothing to do with commitment. I just want the bloody money lol.
    I know that, but for the money they pay I'm not sure it's worth it!:p:

(Original post by FXX)
    AAAAAARRGGGHH I'm in from tomorrow until next Wednesday, with the following hours: 6-12, 6-12, 6-12, 4-10, 4-10, 4-10, 2-6... I'm gonna die.
    Did you get a Christmas matrix? :cool:

(Original post by morris743)
    I know that, but for the money they pay I'm not sure it's worth it!:p:
    Well I'll get night premium and it seems to be more than what my mates get :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Well I'll get night premium and it seems to be more than what my mates get :p:
    Fair do's. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    I'm going on a bit of a rant, so I apologise. But PTM has pissed me off (she's covering maternity leave!!). I gave Sainsbury's an inch, and it would appear they're not satisfied and want a mile. As some will know, I also work at another store, for another company (on Sat and Sun) and when I agreed to come back over Christmas, it was on the basis I'll be working on a Mon, Wed and Fri. Now, on the schedule I'm working every single day!

Spoiler:
    Show
    18th - 08:00 - 20:00
    19th - 08:00 - 20:00
    20th - 11:00 - 17:00
    21st - 06:00 - 12:00 18:00 - 00:00
    22nd - 06:00 - 12:00 18:00 - 00:00
    23rd - 06:00 - 12:00 18:00 - 00:00
    24th - 06:00 - 16:00
    27th - 11:00 - 17:00
    28th - 13:00 - 20:00
    29th - 13:00 - 20:00
    30th - 13:00 - 20:00

How unsociable are those hours? Plus, how come I get the **** split-shifts? I can't do ANYTHING on those days! :mad: Guess what the PTM says? 'But it's short notice and I don't think we'll be able to get cover; we're going to be so busy'. And? :mad:
    Holy sweet mother :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

Stick it up 'em hard.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    zzzz work tomorrow, need to stay up but i'm knackered and i don't fancy doing another shift where i've been awake 24+ hours

(Original post by estel)
    Holy sweet mother :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

Stick it up 'em hard.
    I've already told her.. :p:

I'm mega pissed off purely because she didn't even ask me, she went ahead and put me down for stupid shifts.. I'm not quite sure what she was thinking? That I'd bow down and play ball?

I can't wait to find out who'll now have to do the shifts and how they'll feel..

ReputationRep:

I can't wait to find out who'll now have to do the shifts and how they'll feel..
    Ah yes, that would be me. You horrible, meanspirited person :mad:

ReputationRep:
    It worries me that I'm desparate enough for money that I'll volunteer to extend my shifts to 12 hours long into day shift.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    if you HAD done all those hours though think about how much the money would have been, lol

ReputationRep:
    Money isn't everything people
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Money isn't everything people
    it's the only reason people do night shift though (or it is in our store!)

Ah yes, that would be me. You horrible, meanspirited person :mad:

Haha. I'm going to watch and laugh. Cause I'm evil like that. :woo:

(Original post by estel)
    It worries me that I'm desparate enough for money that I'll volunteer to extend my shifts to 12 hours long into day shift.
    If you can get on the M5, it's yours!

(Original post by inksplodge)
    if you HAD done all those hours though think about how much the money would have been, lol
    And how much I would have been taxed... :mad:

I wouldn't mind the money, but I want a decent Christmas this year, plus I have tons of coursework I should be doing.. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Haha. I'm going to watch and laugh. Cause I'm evil like that. :woo:
    Why I oughta...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.