The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3320
rhaco
Wuss, I worked 48 hours last week, I've just had my only day off this week and i'm working 9 hour shifts for the next 8 days

Unlucky :biggrin: But I've got uni work to be doing as well.
rhaco
Wuss, I worked 48 hours last week, I've just had my only day off this week and i'm working 9 hour shifts for the next 8 days

48 hours in Sainsbury's?! When do the men in white coats come round?:biggrin:

Honestly guys, that is maximum committment. Couldn't do it myself.
Reply 3322
Commitment? Nothing to do with commitment. I just want the bloody money lol.
I'm going on a bit of a rant, so I apologise. But PTM has pissed me off (she's covering maternity leave!!). I gave Sainsbury's an inch, and it would appear they're not satisfied and want a mile. As some will know, I also work at another store, for another company (on Sat and Sun) and when I agreed to come back over Christmas, it was on the basis I'll be working on a Mon, Wed and Fri. Now, on the schedule I'm working every single day!

Spoiler

How unsociable are those hours? Plus, how come I get the **** split-shifts? I can't do ANYTHING on those days! :mad: Guess what the PTM says? 'But it's short notice and I don't think we'll be able to get cover; we're going to be so busy'. And? :mad:
FXX
Commitment? Nothing to do with commitment. I just want the bloody money lol.

I know that, but for the money they pay I'm not sure it's worth it!:p:
FXX
AAAAAARRGGGHH I'm in from tomorrow until next Wednesday, with the following hours: 6-12, 6-12, 6-12, 4-10, 4-10, 4-10, 2-6... I'm gonna die.

Did you get a Christmas matrix? :cool:
Reply 3326
morris743
I know that, but for the money they pay I'm not sure it's worth it!:p:

Well I'll get night premium and it seems to be more than what my mates get :p:
FXX
Well I'll get night premium and it seems to be more than what my mates get :p:

Fair do's. Good luck :smile:
Reply 3328
WhereIsMyMind
I'm going on a bit of a rant, so I apologise. But PTM has pissed me off (she's covering maternity leave!!). I gave Sainsbury's an inch, and it would appear they're not satisfied and want a mile. As some will know, I also work at another store, for another company (on Sat and Sun) and when I agreed to come back over Christmas, it was on the basis I'll be working on a Mon, Wed and Fri. Now, on the schedule I'm working every single day!

Spoiler

How unsociable are those hours? Plus, how come I get the **** split-shifts? I can't do ANYTHING on those days! :mad: Guess what the PTM says? 'But it's short notice and I don't think we'll be able to get cover; we're going to be so busy'. And? :mad:

Holy sweet mother :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

Stick it up 'em hard.
zzzz work tomorrow, need to stay up but i'm knackered and i don't fancy doing another shift where i've been awake 24+ hours :frown:
estel
Holy sweet mother :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

Stick it up 'em hard.

I've already told her.. :p:

I'm mega pissed off purely because she didn't even ask me, she went ahead and put me down for stupid shifts.. I'm not quite sure what she was thinking? That I'd bow down and play ball?

I can't wait to find out who'll now have to do the shifts and how they'll feel.. :biggrin:
WhereIsMyMind

I can't wait to find out who'll now have to do the shifts and how they'll feel.. :biggrin:

Ah yes, that would be me. You horrible, meanspirited person:frown: :mad:

:biggrin:
Reply 3332
It worries me that I'm desparate enough for money that I'll volunteer to extend my shifts to 12 hours long into day shift.
if you HAD done all those hours though think about how much the money would have been, lol
Money isn't everything people :wink:
morris743
Money isn't everything people :wink:

it's the only reason people do night shift though :biggrin: (or it is in our store!)
morris743
Ah yes, that would be me. You horrible, meanspirited person:frown: :mad:

:biggrin:

Haha. I'm going to watch and laugh. Cause I'm evil like that. :woo:
estel
It worries me that I'm desparate enough for money that I'll volunteer to extend my shifts to 12 hours long into day shift.

If you can get on the M5, it's yours! :biggrin:
inksplodge
if you HAD done all those hours though think about how much the money would have been, lol

And how much I would have been taxed... :mad:

I wouldn't mind the money, but I want a decent Christmas this year, plus I have tons of coursework I should be doing.. :p:
WhereIsMyMind
Haha. I'm going to watch and laugh. Cause I'm evil like that. :woo:

Why I oughta...

Latest

Trending

Trending