Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by setmefree)
    Is it just my store or is this happening everywhere.. come September we're no longer selling alcohol after 8pm?
    That'll just be you I'd think - it'll be something to do with your alcohol licence being changed, possibly because your local council doesn't want drunk people on the streets late at night, or you may have failed a test purchase or something.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah probably down to being in the city centre and all the drunks we get in causing hassle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longorefisher)
    Haha. Besides - most people don't realise that Nectar points are NOT a good deal - 2 per pound and the trade-in rate is 500 points for £2.50. That works out at a 1% return! To earn anything substantial you need to be spending a lot:

10 weekly shops of £50 for £5 off.
    10 reused bags on 50 shopping trips is another £5.

Based on that - if you were to assume that a family spends £50 a week on shopping, reuses 10 bags (very, very high figure) per trip and shops 50 times a year in Sainsbury's; their total return from £3000 would be £30!
    Still worth having though, ive only had a Nectar card since november & after doing my weekly shop & bits n bobs in the week, I was up to 6000 points last week, used some of those to get a child in Chessington yesterday, & using them again in 2 weeks for Thorpe park. Thats a bonus :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShortyGetLow)
    gdgd :') i hate stacking shelves too
    ew, thats rubbish. I hate the feeling of going back after some time off.

When you do the shopping etc do you go through the tills and pack it too?
    Dream job for me ahah. I love packing
    We pack the shopping as we go along, once we've scanned it with the hand held gun it goes through to the computer & the supervisor in the online dept prints out their receipt to be delivered with the shopping. I love shopping, thats what I told her at my interview. It was a dream come true getting a job like that lol Although now I hate doing my own so started having it delivered a couple of months back!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    We pack the shopping as we go along, once we've scanned it with the hand held gun it goes through to the computer & the supervisor in the online dept prints out their receipt to be delivered with the shopping. I love shopping, thats what I told her at my interview. It was a dream come true getting a job like that lol Although now I hate doing my own so started having it delivered a couple of months back!
    But wouldn't you end up doing yours whilst working? :P lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShortyGetLow)
    But wouldn't you end up doing yours whilst working? :P lol
    Haha you're kiddin, couldn't get away with that! Thats been made clear by them in news letters! Besides I cant see me fitting 80 quids worth of my shopping on the trolley with the customers i'm already doing lol

ReputationRep:
    Haha you're kiddin, couldn't get away with that! Thats been made clear by them in news letters! Besides I cant see me fitting 80 quids worth of my shopping on the trolley with the customers i'm already doing lol
    Sainsbury's corruption :-P - Gotta love it!

ReputationRep:
    Lol :P
    I meant like if the order you'd made went through as one for you to do :P

ReputationRep:
    Yeah probably down to being in the city centre and all the drunks we get in causing hassle.
    I wish they would do that Friday and Saturday in our store. No alcohol after 8 - we always get drunks, and loads of alcohol sales that take a lifetime to sort out because they leave the 2 underage ones on the till (me and another!)

Grr.

ReputationRep:
    Means we'll need to tannoy about alcohol at a busy time in the kiosk though rather than just at 9.50 - just ten minutes before we close. No doubt we'll have a lot of hassle from customers used to buying alcohol between 8 and 10pm though once it kicks in!

ReputationRep:
    Means we'll need to tannoy about alcohol at a busy time in the kiosk though rather than just at 9.50 - just ten minutes before we close. No doubt we'll have a lot of hassle from customers used to buying alcohol between 8 and 10pm though once it kicks in!
    Good luck with that, especially with hardcore winos! Thankfully, because the Sainsburys I'm gonna work at is in a shopping centre which closes at 8, I will not have that problem :-)

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, we close at 11pm, in a city centre, i work on booze, thankfully its in the morning so i don't have to deal with many mentalists, but some come in, in the morning to try and steal there first drink of the day.

ReputationRep:
    Help! im not sure if i clocked in or not and ive done 10.5 hours today, ive clocked out though ( 1minute early) what would heppen?

(Original post by tokyorose888)
    Help! im not sure if i clocked in or not and ive done 10.5 hours today, ive clocked out though ( 1minute early) what would heppen?
    I wouldn't worry about it. Your pay isn't calculated solely on clock timings. It'll also take into account DAS. :yes:

(Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    I keep on getting rejected because of the Online Questionnaire :'( this is actually upsetting me
    I'm quite surprised you've been rejected on the Online Questionnaire? :eek:

I'm not sure if you're aware, but the answers are in the other thread.. :yes:

We get paid the same as everyone else, for the hours scheduled. We dont sit around scratching our derriers when the shoppings all done, we go & help on other departments & stack shelves :mad:
    I'd love to do Online Shopping.

But I think it's only early mornings mostly isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)

Hehe oh I am aware :p: But I think it is the wrong answer bit that messes me up if that makes sense, but I have searched through that thread again and found some help, hopefully I'll be okay now

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry about it. Your pay isn't calculated solely on clock timings. It'll also take into account DAS. :yes:
    thnx for replying

whats DAS btw? i was on checkouts and signed the flight sheet stating 11-5.30pm. i then did overtime on another department.

How will they know how many hours ive worked anyways(because im not sure (cant remember) if ive clocked in but ive clocked out?

thnx

(Original post by tokyorose888)
    thnx for replying

whats DAS btw? i was on checkouts and signed the flight sheet stating 11-5.30pm. i then did overtime on another department.

How will they know how many hours ive worked anyways(because im not sure (cant remember) if ive clocked in but ive clocked out?

thnx
    DAS (Daily Attendance Schedule) will have you down as which hours you should have worked, and if you have worked them, then it will be marked as such and used to work out your pay. However, it will only work for pre-agreed overtime - so anything you were down on the schedule to work.

ReputationRep:

there are answers but they don't work (I've tried and got rejected)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.