Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Hey I did it this morning, and I've got to do it for the next two mornings. It ain't that bad :p:
    Yeh me too. Isn't it that bad? I quite often opt for 5am starts in school holidays, but I think 4 is a tad mad! I'm off for a week after tuesday though :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I love my 2-10s. 7-11 is my most productive time, and there is no way Sainsburys is having that for 6.07 an hour.

(Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Yeh me too. Isn't it that bad? I quite often opt for 5am starts in school holidays, but I think 4 is a tad mad! I'm off for a week after tuesday though :woo:
    tbf, it looks exactly the same outside at 3am as it does at 5am, so you don't really notice it until you get to 3pm when you feel like crap lol.

ReputationRep:
    Well today was full of surprises. Almost all supervisors in, all team leaders and managers in, and - shock horror - our store manager in on a SUNDAY. I had to clear my eyes to believe it.

ReputationRep:
    Store opens at 6AM from tomorrow, I'm actually going to have to deal with customers for the first time in... two years? *shudder*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    Store opens at 6AM from tomorrow, I'm actually going to have to deal with customers for the first time in... two years? *shudder*
    That is indeed scary stuff. We'll be here to pick up the pieces

ReputationRep:
    Could someone help me here?

I'm wondering what the Sainsbury's pay scale is? Is it fixed at say £4.90/£6.22 starting and £5.22/£6.52 competent or can there be pay rises over the competent wage?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    5am start for me for the 6am open >;[

got to get up at 4am to just get there Argh!!! Why did I agree to it

The only returns I made sure that where there for the morning was just enough to keep morning shift busy until opening time, so I don't have to worry about it when opening up ;D

Oh I'm so sneaky.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by estel)
    eww! i only deal with them one night a week (friday night for 1 hour)... urgh customers :tongue:

wonder if i can get away with nail polish tomorrow... xmas colours that is!

ReputationRep:
    I is back from work I woke up at 2.45 so decided to get up, seeing as the alarm was going to go off at 3. I dont feel too bad. Tomorrow it will probably hit me. Some of the shoppers had been in since 10pm, & went home at 7am bless them!
    Last shopping day for us tomorrow, citing! :yes:

Ah man today was manic but we got it all done by 10.20. My manager was ringing up some other online departments, one of them had 90 hours shopping left at one point with 30 hours of shoppers and they said they were going to be okay, lol. Last day tomorrow, will probably be SUPER busy since it snowed a little here today and people probably thought they wouldn't bother going in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Ah man today was manic but we got it all done by 10.20. My manager was ringing up some other online departments, one of them had 90 hours shopping left at one point with 30 hours of shoppers and they said they were going to be okay, lol. Last day tomorrow, will probably be SUPER busy since it snowed a little here today and people probably thought they wouldn't bother going in.
    My store was quite dead this morning. Lots of online shoppery people about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    I dont think we would of finished much later than your place. When I left at 8am we were on 1/2 pm's shopping. Usually we're on that when I get in there at 9 in the week. I think we only had 147 hours shopping, & 146 staff hours to do it, (obviously we knock a lot of time off that) so they will definately finish early :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what happens with Boxing Day?
    Basically, my sainsburys store is closed which means I won't be working my shift that day. Am I supposed to make up the hours on another day?
    I was reading through my colleague handbook and all it tells me is that Public holidays are included on holiday entitlement because the stores are often open....but what if they aren't open?
    Thanks to anyone who can help :yes:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by SolarEclipse)
    Does anyone know what happens with Boxing Day?
    Basically, my sainsburys store is closed which means I won't be working my shift that day. Am I supposed to make up the hours on another day?
    I was reading through my colleague handbook and all it tells me is that Public holidays are included on holiday entitlement because the stores are often open....but what if they aren't open?
    Thanks to anyone who can help :yes:
    my store is closed but i'm still working my shift. ask whoever does your rota to see if your shift has been moved - but they should have ok'd it with you by now if ith as

ReputationRep:
    When is the cut off for the next pay day?
    Also, are we paid based on clock in/out times, or is it just used to check that we are working the correct hours?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i don't think it's based on clock in/out times, cos I always clock in earlier and it doesn't make a difference... I think the only time it would make a difference is if you were late, in that case you'll be short timed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    my store is closed but i'm still working my shift. ask whoever does your rota to see if your shift has been moved - but they should have ok'd it with you by now if ith as
    Yeah. But then again they didn't tell me what my bank holiday monday hours were either. It was only when I saw the opening times and asked them if my shift had been moved that I was told.
    Ahh well thanks

ReputationRep:
    AHH... Worked 7 - 7 today - knackered! I don't know why we opened at 7, seeing as we had two basket customers for the whole hour...
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    we're opening at 6am tomorrow booo closing at 12 too i think

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.