Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    AHH... Worked 7 - 7 today - knackered! I don't know why we opened at 7, seeing as we had two basket customers for the whole hour...
    We open at 6am this week, usually open at 7 anyway. But its the same as your place, pointless because only about 2 people actually came in.

o.O We ALWAYS open at 6am, except Sundays when it's 9.30am (but no one can buy anything until 10).

ReputationRep:
    What a bad day for online shopping! Shopping didn't get delivered last night, this mornings orders have been cancelled so only last nights & this afternoons will be delivered. There is shopping EVERYWHERE in the store stacked in totes. Its bedlam. But thats it for me now until next tuesday yayyy!!!!!!!!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    we are usually open from 8am onwards =) lol.

sounds crazy, spazzycazzy... i've got tonight, tomorrow night and saturday night then i'm off til wednesday

ReputationRep:
    Really getting annoyed that there were no gloves available for me My hands have loads of cuts on them already

Just two more nights (to make 7 nights on the trot) before Christmas Yay!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by estel)
    Really getting annoyed that there were no gloves available for me My hands have loads of cuts on them already

Just two more nights (to make 7 nights on the trot) before Christmas Yay!
    Didn't they give you any when you started? I've got two left gloves lol it's quite funny, but er... they stop my hands being all itchy when stuff is spilt and that.

ReputationRep:
    the bag packers we have been having have caused such a problem with customers shopping. last night which is normally quiet, i had 5 phonecalls all asking if there has been any left behind bags of shopping that the packers didnt put in their trolley!
    but some idiot who was doing the left behinds must have thought it hadnt been paid for and put them all back on the shelf lol which as you know that doesnt get logged in the book.

So i had to tell these 5 people our policy of left behinds and i had some very very angry people on the phone lol. not good.

also, there is this man who works mondays with me, he is normally on till 9 doing his job. he doesnt bother anyone apart from the runners and me lol. i dont think he has been trained properly because he was once shop floor person but now he has been put on checkouts. he didnt know how to redeam nectar points the other day, also yesterday he doublescanned some alcohol and overcharged a lady by 50 quid. luckily she noticed and came straight to me but thats not the point.

ReputationRep:
    We had supply problems today... none of the lorries could get from the depot to the store until about 12-1ish... so many pissed off customers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    we are usually open from 8am onwards =) lol.

sounds crazy, spazzycazzy... i've got tonight, tomorrow night and saturday night then i'm off til wednesday
    What dept are you in?
    Online shopping was supposed to stop today, but because of the snow, I think they are doing it tomorrow too. I felt so sorry for them, one of the team leaders was in such a bad mood, but I guess thats one of the reasons I'm not in charge!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    What dept are you in?
    Online shopping was supposed to stop today, but because of the snow, I think they are doing it tomorrow too. I felt so sorry for them, one of the team leaders was in such a bad mood, but I guess thats one of the reasons I'm not in charge!
    i dunno, they just call it shift...

gonna be -5 outside tonight

Not in until next Wednesday now. Relief.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    lucky thing

im dreading tonight & tomorrow night gonna be busyyyy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Not in until next Wednesday now. Relief.
    Well done

I'm mad at Sainsbury's - how can nearly every department have a scheduling crisis? Checkouts were doing so great until two 'trolley boys' decided to call in 'sick' (one nearly 15 minutes into his shift). GM had no manager or senior colleague. Produce had a manager but only two colleagues. Fresh foods had too many staff in.

I faced the prospect of going to do the trolleys, but I hadn't been trained. I instead had to go on GM where IMO the team was useless. It was quite possibly the worst time to introduce five new lines, besides, it's common sense - when you're moving and shuffling lines, you make space and then add the new items. How could anyone think it would possibly be a good idea to cram the new lines in and then push the items into place; dropping a whole two lines onto the floor? (Including mugs!!)

Plus, the team leaders from Fresh Foods are useless. I know that on an average day they don't have to deal with confrontation, but crying when a customer becomes rude and aggressive and then refusing to go back onto the shopfloor because you feel victimised? Love, I deal with this on a DAILY basis!

Not to forget, you've then got the store manager asking the checkout department to 'relieve' produce, but at the same time keep the queues down?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)

I faced the prospect of going to do the trolleys, but I hadn't been trained.
    Trained to move trolleys? I've heard it all now!

ReputationRep:
    I'm mad at Sainsbury's - how can nearly every department have a scheduling crisis? Checkouts were doing so great until two 'trolley boys' decided to call in 'sick' (one nearly 15 minutes into his shift). GM had no manager or senior colleague. Produce had a manager but only two colleagues. Fresh foods had too many staff in.

I faced the prospect of going to do the trolleys, but I hadn't been trained. I instead had to go on GM where IMO the team was useless. It was quite possibly the worst time to introduce five new lines, besides, it's common sense - when you're moving and shuffling lines, you make space and then add the new items. How could anyone think it would possibly be a good idea to cram the new lines in and then push the items into place; dropping a whole two lines onto the floor? (Including mugs!!)

Plus, the team leaders from Fresh Foods are useless. I know that on an average day they don't have to deal with confrontation, but crying when a customer becomes rude and aggressive and then refusing to go back onto the shopfloor because you feel victimised? Love, I deal with this on a DAILY basis!

Not to forget, you've then got the store manager asking the checkout department to 'relieve' produce, but at the same time keep the queues down?
    That sounds absolutely bonkers, especially the team leader from Fresh. How do you get to be team leader without being yelled at a few times by customers? O_O

To be fair, trolley doesn't need training. None of the staff on trolleys get trained (I know I certainly never was, and was regularly on trolleys for the best part of a year). You just... push trolleys, and stuff.

(Original post by morris743)
    Trained to move trolleys? I've heard it all now!
    Yes. You need to have received the relevant training and have been signed off (afaik). :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Yes. You need to have received the relevant training and have been signed off (afaik). :yep:
    lol.

(Original post by morris743)
    lol.
    I wasn't laughing, I was rather glad this was the case. :woo:

(Original post by estel)
    That sounds absolutely bonkers, especially the team leader from Fresh. How do you get to be team leader without being yelled at a few times by customers? O_O

To be fair, trolley doesn't need training. None of the staff on trolleys get trained (I know I certainly never was, and was regularly on trolleys for the best part of a year). You just... push trolleys, and stuff.
    I don't know how she became a team leader, but IMO she's useless. However, for all I know she might be decent on the fresh department; I wouldn't know. I avoid Fresh Foods.

I didn't think trolleys needed training, but from what I've been told there is training (:confused:) for them..

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.