Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    I wasn't laughing, I was rather glad this was the case. :woo:
    Well if your store outside was anywhere like here today you wouldn't make it back in :eek:

(Original post by morris743)
    Well if your store outside was anywhere like here today you wouldn't make it back in :eek:
    Eeek!

It wasn't so much the cold, but I had a feeling that a little immature side of me would come out and I'd end up persuading the only other lad to sit in a trolley and let me roll him down the bank.. or I would end up rolling the trolleys down into a car.. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Eeek!

It wasn't so much the cold, but I had a feeling that a little immature side of me would come out and I'd end up persuading the only other lad to sit in a trolley and let me roll him down the bank.. or I would end up rolling the trolleys down into a car.. :p:
    I see no problem with this. Roll away.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you are meant to have trolly training but I think they don't tend to bother. They trained a few people in our store, still got me to do it sometimes and I never got trained.

ReputationRep:
    I'm mad at Sainsbury's - how can nearly every department have a scheduling crisis? Checkouts were doing so great until two 'trolley boys' decided to call in 'sick' (one nearly 15 minutes into his shift). GM had no manager or senior colleague. Produce had a manager but only two colleagues. Fresh foods had too many staff in.

I faced the prospect of going to do the trolleys, but I hadn't been trained. I instead had to go on GM where IMO the team was useless. It was quite possibly the worst time to introduce five new lines, besides, it's common sense - when you're moving and shuffling lines, you make space and then add the new items. How could anyone think it would possibly be a good idea to cram the new lines in and then push the items into place; dropping a whole two lines onto the floor? (Including mugs!!)

Plus, the team leaders from Fresh Foods are useless. I know that on an average day they don't have to deal with confrontation, but crying when a customer becomes rude and aggressive and then refusing to go back onto the shopfloor because you feel victimised? Love, I deal with this on a DAILY basis!

Not to forget, you've then got the store manager asking the checkout department to 'relieve' produce, but at the same time keep the queues down?
    Are we the only store to use external contractors to do the trolleys ???
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    can't believe people actually do their shopping at 6am lol. ahhhh.

such a busy night... urgh ive found a new part of the store i hate- CEREALS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)

So you're the one that stacks them so high! A packet of 1kg corn flakes is gonna land on my head one day
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    So you're the one that stacks them so high! A packet of 1kg corn flakes is gonna land on my head one day
    we stack the big ones on the bottom shelves, no worries grr theyre so heavy though!

ReputationRep:

There was a queue of a dozen people outside at 6 this morning O_O
    Much busier than yesterday morning, it was pretty heaving by 7AM.

They made me clean the shelves that the turkeys were on at ten to seven, and then I kinda lost track of time doing the cleaning, and I'd gone on for 30 minutes after my shift ended whilst cleaning the shelf :eek:. Never done that before.

Cereals are ok. Better than Free From, H&B, Freezer Tops etc.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by estel)
    There was a queue of a dozen people outside at 6 this morning O_O
    Much busier than yesterday morning, it was pretty heaving by 7AM.

They made me clean the shelves that the turkeys were on at ten to seven, and then I kinda lost track of time doing the cleaning, and I'd gone on for 30 minutes after my shift ended whilst cleaning the shelf :eek:. Never done that before.

Cereals are ok. Better than Free From, H&B, Freezer Tops etc.
    I always do H&B and I much prefer it to cereals! GM is a killer but I still prefer it to cereals.

ReputationRep:
    I always do H&B and I much prefer it to cereals! GM is a killer but I still prefer it to cereals.
    No wai is H&B ever even nearly fun. It's rubbish, fiddly, takes years and impossible to dress.

ReputationRep:
    Good Morning!

I'm a Xmas temp and I'm meant to be working tonight 6.30pm to 10.30pm. I work in a store that's 20 minute drive from my house, well this morning I have just heard on the radio they are now having to actually close main roads because of the severe snow fall, so what will happen if I can't get through?! We had over 3 inches of snow last night alone and that was on top of the 2 or so that was already there, so it is super deep - and it's still coming down. I was gonna go anyway but if they close main roads will I be expected to find another route?! Or what?

All I've heard on the radio all day is no one should go anywhere unless it's absolutely essential travel, but work is pretty essential!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RandomGirly)
    Good Morning!

I'm a Xmas temp and I'm meant to be working tonight 6.30pm to 10.30pm. I work in a store that's 20 minute drive from my house, well this morning I have just heard on the radio they are now having to actually close main roads because of the severe snow fall, so what will happen if I can't get through?! We had over 3 inches of snow last night alone and that was on top of the 2 or so that was already there, so it is super deep - and it's still coming down. I was gonna go anyway but if they close main roads will I be expected to find another route?! Or what?

All I've heard on the radio all day is no one should go anywhere unless it's absolutely essential travel, but work is pretty essential!
    Phone the store and talk to your department manager

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    Phone the store and talk to your department manager
    I would if I had any idea who that was. :lol: It's someone different I deal with every shift. I will try HR though :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I would if I had any idea who that was. :lol: It's someone different I deal with every shift. I will try HR though :yes:
    Just call the main number and ask for <department of choice> manager

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    Just call the main number and ask for <department of choice> manager
    I don't have a set department though, I was hired to be on counters - but they hired too many of us so two of us just go in and work on whichever department needs us that day - so we don't know in advance which department we'll be on

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough :p: I'm sure someone will know.

If you can't get in, just phone the absence line (number should be on your contract).

ReputationRep:
    Good Morning!

I would of thought work is essentil, afterall, what would happen if doctors & nurses all said they couldn't make it in :eek:
    If it was me I would try & get there, if I couldn't then I would ring the sick line & leave a message saying I tried.
    I walked to work yesterday morning at 3.30 am, as the roads were lethal round here, if everyone doesn't bother going, there will be a crap xmas for a lot of customers! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been able to find out if Saturday (which isn't technically Boxing Day) is paid at the premium rate?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.