Turn on thread page Beta
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i don't know, it's soooo confusing. lol.

only open 6 hours tomorrow i think so i'd assume it would be quite busy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    I thought its still boxing day today, but because it falls on a saturday, monday then becomes a bank holiday?
    Today is Boxing Day. Monday is a Bank Holiday because it's the Monday after Christmas. I think most people (including supermarkets) are still counting today as the main Bank Holiday though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morris743)
    Today is Boxing Day. Monday is a Bank Holiday because it's the Monday after Christmas. I think most people (including supermarkets) are still counting today as the main Bank Holiday though.
    Ahh thats what I thought.
    Here, look at this I saw on Yahoo earlier, someone saying where the name boxing day came from, made me chuckle...

it is called boxing day because after a stressfull christmas with your mother in law ,it is were you would like to put her? in a sealed box far far away,thats been soundproofed................aahh bliss

ReputationRep:
    Woo sainos, bought a tv in the sale for £250, should of been 440, i love sales and discounts!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    hahaha

i used to think when i was a child boxing day meant boxing was on tv all day... how very stupid i was

wow, nice untitled258!!!

ReputationRep:
    I can't adequately express how much I don't want to work tonight I slept through all of today too, as I'd only managed a few hours for the past couple of nights.

Sainsburys, wrecking Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    Yup wrecking mine, except my lovely purchase, ive had to come back to uni earlier then id like too, because for some silly reason i said id go into work at 5am, no idea why, the shop opens at 11...
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by estel)
    I can't adequately express how much I don't want to work tonight I slept through all of today too, as I'd only managed a few hours for the past couple of nights.

Sainsburys, wrecking Christmas.
    same :mad: !!! i didn't sleep too well though haha. i shall be thinking of you whilst we're both stacking away

ReputationRep:
    when is our next pay day? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Next payday next week Thursday. NYE.

ReputationRep:
    I have one more day off tomorrow, then i'm back in tuesday, but I dont know if I put down to be in at 5am or 6am. (during holidays I start earlier) I need to ring them tomorrow I think. Would it be so terrible if I go in at 6? As long as I do my hours? Online dept by the way.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    work wasn't so bad =) however i scratched my eye with a packet of part baked bread; it is so sore and bloodshot. stupid bread :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    work wasn't so bad =) however i scratched my eye with a packet of part baked bread; it is so sore and bloodshot. stupid bread :mad:
    Thats not good! You might have scratched the top layer of the eye. Not too sure what you could do to make it better, but I knew someone that did that about 10 years ago, but it was when they picked a toddler up wearing a plastic crown...yes...ouch! They were in A & E for 5 hours on boxing day ironically enough :yes: All they did was bathe it though at the time.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Thats not good! You might have scratched the top layer of the eye. Not too sure what you could do to make it better, but I knew someone that did that about 10 years ago, but it was when they picked a toddler up wearing a plastic crown...yes...ouch! They were in A & E for 5 hours on boxing day ironically enough :yes: All they did was bathe it though at the time.
    yeah i've just left it, went to bed and it isn't hurting as much but it doesn't look very attractive. just my luck i'm seeing a guy i like tonight too... haha

ReputationRep:
    yeah i've just left it, went to bed and it isn't hurting as much but it doesn't look very attractive. just my luck i'm seeing a guy i like tonight too... haha
    Thats just simply that annoying thing we call sods law! lol
    You could always tell him you watched a sad film before you met up!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Thats just simply that annoying thing we call sods law! lol
    You could always tell him you watched a sad film before you met up!
    nah he knows the real reason :woo: lol. i am just a clumsy bugger!

ReputationRep:
    nah he knows the real reason :woo: lol. i am just a clumsy bugger!
    Oh thats alright then!

ReputationRep:
    argh, i hate scratching the top layer of my eye, its such an annoyance!

For some reason i found it easier to wake up and get in to start for 5am, then i do for my normal 7am shift.

ReputationRep:
    We were lulzy short staffed, half the stock didn't get put out and nothing was dressed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    We were lulzy short staffed, half the stock didn't get put out and nothing was dressed.
    You sound p'd off

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.