Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    that's awful, stupid people

ReputationRep:
    Hope you're ok Foulish

ReputationRep:
    Can't you report that to the police or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    I don't know if I should say this on here, but I got attacked at work yesterday at about 3pm.

By an angry customer who I refused to serve because she was being unbelievably rude to me...... with her unpurchased newspaper!

Right across the head! Honestly, I just cracked up laughing, then she got pulled by security for nicking a bottle of vodka. Revenge is sweet.
    The way you told that had me lolling. Sorry
    Did they safely pop her back in the padded cell after? :tong:

Seriously though, you could do her for assult!

(Original post by inksplodge)
    bless you cazzy =(

it's my birthday today and i've got the day off, woo :woo: back to work tomorrow
    Happy Birthday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    Can't you report that to the police or something?
    I told my manager about it. She threw the paper at me, it didn't hurt and i'm sure she has been banned from the store now. I think you get an automatic ban from all stores if you are caught stealing?

All in all I wouldn't have served her anyway because she was drunk, one of the main reasons I don't like working on the kiosk. You have to serve the retards that think because your in the uniform and their not, they are allowed to treat you like :snow::snow::snow::snow:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    The way you told that had me lolling. Sorry
    Did they safely pop her back in the padded cell after? :tong:

Seriously though, you could do her for assult!

It was supposed to be light hearted. I'm not going to report it, she has bigge rproblems, like her alcoholism. I won't be seeing her again anytime soon though.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    thanks for the birthday wishes!!! back to work tonight =(

ReputationRep:
    Having now seen more than just quiche Lorraine in the new packaging, I'm can now definitely say that I wasn't just imagining the BGTY rebranding

ReputationRep:
    Back to work today, I'm glad I have NYE off though.

Last shift tomorrow! :w00t:

ReputationRep:
    Do all xmas temps finish on the 31st? It was my last shift on Sunday but I wasn't sure if it was actually my last shift until I phoned - I never told anyone I was leaving!

ReputationRep:
    Xmas temps at our store finish on the 9th

(Original post by fishgold)
    Do all xmas temps finish on the 31st? It was my last shift on Sunday but I wasn't sure if it was actually my last shift until I phoned - I never told anyone I was leaving!
    I'm not a Christmas temp as such.

If you're employed on a temporary contract, your contract will detail the day your contract ends (your final day).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    I'm not a Christmas temp as such.

If you're employed on a temporary contract, your contract will detail the day your contract ends (your final day).
    I've never seen my contract :rolleyes: I phoned HR and they said it ended on the 31st, but I'm a bit worried they'll phone me when I don't go back shouting at me for not coming in.

ReputationRep:
    Are we getting paid tonight? instead of the 1st or whenever it would normally be.

Last couple of shifts have been interesting, somebody walked out with a 32" TV, found plenty of out of date food, and got plenty of free food from bakery
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    31st! So after 12 tonight for some people I guess.

ReputationRep:
    :woo: paid!

ReputationRep:
    Yay, 1/3 of my overdraft paid off!

Also, our store won best Christmas reset in zone 4. Woooooh.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gunna get me a tv today

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.