Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Sociallyanxious)
    there are answers but they don't work (I've tried and got rejected)
    I can't comment personally on the validity of the answers, but both of the individuals I have given them to, successfully got interviews. (But then failed miserably at the interviews! )

I'm not sure on which role you are applying for, but the answers are for the General Positions (Checkouts/Shopfloor). If you're applying for a Code Control/Team Leader position, then you'll have a different questionnaire. In which case the answers won't apply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    I can't comment personally on the validity of the answers, but both of the individuals I have given them to, successfully got interviews. (But then failed miserably at the interviews! )

I'm not sure on which role you are applying for, but the answers are for the General Positions (Checkouts/Shopfloor). If you're applying for a Code Control/Team Leader position, then you'll have a different questionnaire. In which case the answers won't apply.
    I personally think it is the worst scenario answers that I don't do well on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    I personally think it is the worst scenario answers that I don't do well on
    Not being rude but how many times have you applied and failed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longorefisher)
    Not being rude but how many times have you applied and failed?
    loads, I have lost count, but it is weird I really don't know why I am failing so much, I worked that 6 months ago

ReputationRep:
    loads, I have lost count
    Hmmm...The problem is, if you've applied so many times that you have lost count - you should have been able to hit a winning combination by now .

Also, if you do manage to get through - you'll have to contend with the interview test - which will require you to rank customer service suggestions in order, spot the mistakes on the shop floor and complete a personality test, all of which we cannot really help you with here as we don't actually know the questions .

I really don't want to sound horrible but instead, truthful. The only thing I can really suggest is you find out where you're going wrong and why, rather then looking for the answers. You'll need that knowledge to actually get past the interview test .

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm...The problem is, if you've applied so many times that you have lost count - you should have been able to hit a winning combination by now .

Also, if you do manage to get through - you'll have to contend with the interview test - which will require you to rank customer service suggestions in order, spot the mistakes on the shop floor and complete a personality test, all of which we cannot really help you with here as we don't actually know the questions .

I really don't want to sound horrible but instead, truthful. The only thing I can really suggest is you find out where you're going wrong and why, rather then looking for the answers. You'll need that knowledge to actually get past the interview test .
    It just upsets me that I keep on failing although I have worked that 6 months ago

iirc, Crushes has worked at Sainsbury's. So I'm sure if she makes it to that stage, she won't have a problem! :yes:

ReputationRep:

ah right...it's probably the wrong answer part then...although haven't got a unsuccessful e-mail yet lol so maybe ?

ReputationRep:
    ah right...it's probably the wrong answer part then...although haven't got a unsuccessful e-mail yet lol so maybe ?
    Sign in and it will say if you are successful or not

ReputationRep:
    Sign in and it will say if you are successful or not

It's been about 3 days and it says 'application in process'...not sure what that means success wise

ReputationRep:
    It's been about 3 days and it says 'application in process'...not sure what that means success wise
    It usually rejects you within 24 hours - in my experience. Could be an indicator?

Doesn't mean anything.

ReputationRep:
    It usually rejects you within 24 hours - in my experience. Could be an indicator?

really? how long till you heard back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Doesn't mean anything.

:dry: your not very optimistic are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShortyGetLow)
    Lol :P
    I meant like if the order you'd made went through as one for you to do :P
    Oh right! Well officially you're not suposed to do your own shop, but you dont actually know these days whose shopping you have until you are into it, because its all numbers now & not names, so at first I did actually get my shopping one day, you obviously realise after a few items thats your stuff! but I wouldn't of dreamt of pulling a fast one, its not worth the risk, & for all I know they could of been testing me! lol
    These days I have it delivered on a friday, & I dont work fridays, so thats fine lol

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to do Online Shopping.

But I think it's only early mornings mostly isn't it?
    Yes, the latest anyone starts is 10am. The earliest is 5am during the week in our store. The full timers do 6am-2pm.
    From what the manager said my hours are the ideal for online shopping, 9am-1pm week days & 6am-10am saturdays. We dont have so many full timers anymore, more part timers.

:dry: your not very optimistic are you?

You asked what it meant, I told you it means nothing. It doesn't mean you've gotten through but it also doesn't mean you've been rejected. Next time, clarify what sort of responses you don't want to get so we don't have to waste our time.

(Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Yes, the latest anyone starts is 10am. The earliest is 5am during the week in our store. The full timers do 6am-2pm.
    From what the manager said my hours are the ideal for online shopping, 9am-1pm week days & 6am-10am saturdays. We dont have so many full timers anymore, more part timers.
    :eek:

I know that our store could do with some Online Shoppers. I guess I now know why the department is so short staffed. :eek3:

I would have loved to have done a PT shift on Online, but I doubt I'll have the time for it.

It seems like a nice department. :yes: I guess I prefer it more, because it's the 'list' element. I like to go into work, get a list of things what I need to do, and get on with it? :yes:

You only do one thing though. It's not like grocery where you work on the overs from the night shift, then roll out the u-boats, then go from there. You walk in at 5-6 oclock in the morning, grab a gun, grab a trolley, and set off and pick what the gun says for several hours. If you finish before the end of your shift you go out and stack shelves. It's piss-easy work but that's just the nature of the role, not how it's managed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)

You asked what it meant, I told you it means nothing. It doesn't mean you've gotten through but it also doesn't mean you've been rejected. Next time, clarify what sort of responses you don't want to get so we don't have to waste our time.
    lol eh, I really appreciated your reply

didn't mean anything with my reply, was only joking

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.