does anybody know a good reason for transferring departments
    You hate your current one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sdubz)
    does anybody know a good reason for transferring departments
    Change of scenery, new experiences...

ReputationRep:
    Few questions about holidays...

1) When do we book holidays for summer (including Easter Sunday)?
    2) what is the earliest holiday I can book? I would like the 19-24th March off, but did I have to book that on my previous form? O can't remember if it went up to the end of March, I think it stopped midway.
    3) Is it possible to change holidays once they have been booked?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    Few questions about holidays...

1) When do we book holidays for summer (including Easter Sunday)?
    2) what is the earliest holiday I can book? I would like the 19-24th March off, but did I have to book that on my previous form? O can't remember if it went up to the end of March, I think it stopped midway.
    3) Is it possible to change holidays once they have been booked?
    Wait for someone else to confirm but from my knowledge I think...

1) Summer hols have to be booked after the end of the financial year, so basically April and beyond (as early as possible though). Easter you'd need to be booking asap I'd think.

2) Just ask your manager for the time off and see what happens

3) I think so, yeh. Just so long as you don't change it to say a week after you notify them!

ReputationRep:
    Anybody know when the cutoff for pay/hours was in December?

ReputationRep:
    hello is there any jobs going ???

(Original post by Nevasleep)
    Anybody know when the cutoff for pay/hours was in December?
    I'm pretty sure the 26th was the last day. Any overtime after that will be paid this month.

hello is there any jobs going ???
    http://www.sainsburys-recruitment.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freud)
    Sounds about right.
    Hiaya u ok ?? wub2 x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    I'm pretty sure the 26th was the last day. Any overtime after that will be paid this month.
    Thanks
    I've worked 32 hours since then, nice.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    what days were premium rates applied?

bank holiday monday, new years day... is that all of them?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I believe so.

ReputationRep:
    My manager messed up, he said i booked boxing day as hol so i didn't make up the hours, and now i didnt get paid because i didn't have enough hours for the holiday grr.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    never seen such a huge ******* drop and now i feel dead. however i'm very proud of myself ahah

ReputationRep:
    Hey peoples! I have a interview at Sainsburys soon for job as a Code Controller, Can anyone whos had the interview or works as a Code Controller please message me on here please with any tips! ;-) so I really wanna be prepared

ReputationRep:
    My two cents about working at Sainsburys for a good two months (as a temp):-

1) If your managers are crap, which mine were, you are basically :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow:. Tbh i can cope with nasty people (which one of them is), but when they are hypocrital, as in telling people off for breaks when they go WAY overtime, and when you ask them to get something done and they never effing do it....god...no wonder it is the worst run store in the country. Dear god. I mean for gods sake they even failed to make my temp contract into a perm basically because they were too bloody slow at getting round to it, and they were like "oh im sorry, its too late now, the only way is to reapply online". For someone they called "a really hard worker" you think they would have tried a little harder to get round the system.

2)You will meet alot of great (and *****y) people, but honestly i'm gunna miss them tons.

3)Night shift will ruin your social life/Looks/abillity to function as a human.

4)If you are on night shift and are female prepare to get ALOT of attention from guys. And i mean that. Sadly this also meant i was branded as a ****. Ahh and dont even get me started on the rumours.

But yeh, all in all, it was ok....im sad to go, but i just wish the store was better run, for not only would i still have my job but, as everyone agrees, the whole working enviroment would be far better. I guess its just luck of the draw when it comes to managers though =/

Oh and don't have a night job and a day job at the same time. Massive error haha. Working all night then getting up after one hrs sleep is not a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jarexi)

1) If your managers are crap, which mine were, you are basically :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow:. Tbh i can cope with nasty people (which one of them is), but when they are hypocrital, as in telling people off for breaks when they go WAY overtime, and when you ask them to get something done and they never effing do it....god...no wonder it is the worst run store in the country. Dear god. I mean for gods sake they even failed to make my temp contract into a perm basically because they were too bloody slow at getting round to it, and they were like "oh im sorry, its too late now, the only way is to reapply online". For someone they called "a really hard worker" you think they would have tried a little harder to get round the system.

2)You will meet alot of great (and *****y) people, but honestly i'm gunna miss them tons.

4)If you are on night shift and are female prepare to get ALOT of attention from guys. And i mean that. Sadly this also meant i was branded as a ****. Ahh and dont even get me started on the rumours.

But yeh, all in all, it was ok....im sad to go, but i just wish the store was better run, for not only would i still have my job but, as everyone agrees, the whole working enviroment would be far better. I guess its just luck of the draw when it comes to managers though =/

Oh and don't have a night job and a day job at the same time. Massive error haha. Working all night then getting up after one hrs sleep is not a good idea.
    You know getting out was the best thing to ever happen to you. Rejoice!:woo: And well done for getting through it

It's sad in the 21st century people as smart as many on here are still reduced to working for the kind of people who are managers at Sainsbury's and co.

ReputationRep:
    this year for me at sainsbury's has been so easy lol, pretty funny seeing myself stroll along on GM on my own while watching other departments being mega busy.

anyone after pes2010 on xbox, it's going through tills at £15 recently, never seen an xbox game in the charts price that low. after discount grab it for £12.75.

anyways, people opening electricals and not putting it in the box properly does my head in, just stop it. we all know if you take something out of the box it's not going to go back in. takes me 5 minutes to put one back in the box, it's easy if there is one in a box on the shelf, you can take it and see how it fits in. damn hard if there isn't and it's a food processor with all the bits.
    worse is if they take the bedding out, or duvet, those we just dispose of lol.

ReputationRep:
    GM is one place I could totally put up with for an 8 hr shift

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jarexi)

Fantastic post :yep:
    A job is only as good as your manager is. Ive been there just over a year & its been good, but now we have a new manager, lets just see how soon it goes teets up when I ask if its ok to change my hours school holiday times (which the old manager was cool with)
    A certain manager can change the whole dimention of a job!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.