Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    anyone know the email address for a specific store, is it [email protected]

(Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    I cant decide if I prefer this new BGTY packaging or the old one :rolleyes:
    still havent seen the new package, might need to venture into the fridges to take a look, but its so cooold

ReputationRep:
    I think I prefer the new BGTY packaging The other was a bit... meh?

I like the new BGTY packaging. The old one was just white with some green lines on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mug51)
    Don't think there is such a thing. All emails are internal from what I can see - worse than MI5 this company:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morris743)
    Don't think there is such a thing. All emails are internal from what I can see - worse than MI5 this company:p:
    They can accept external email as I managed to get a reference for my current job by email. I don't think you would be able to work out what it is without asking them though.

From what I remember it had HR in it somewhere and a shortened version of the store name - but stores with shorter names probably have the full name.

Stores have internal email addresses, plus also have one 'external' email address which is used by other stores etc.

But all email addresses on the network whether defined as internal or not, are in actual fact externally reachable emails.

I occasionally checked the HR emails at home from https://webmail.sainsburys.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mug51)

still havent seen the new package, might need to venture into the fridges to take a look, but its so cooold
    [email protected] uk i think

ReputationRep:
    I have a big, fat, busy and very noisy bee in my bonnet at the moment and he's struggling to get out and someone's going to get hurt soon because he's starting to get angry...!

People of Sainsbury's Checkout fame... I call upon you all now to answer me this!

You know the new voucher printers are spitting out information about credit cards and loans from Sainsbury's bank at the moment? Does this not make you sick... it's making me feel utterly repulsed.

"What have you against credit cards and loans or Sainsbury's Bank, Lukely?!" you ask...

NOTHING.

What I have a problem with is the fact that EVERY Nectar user gets 2 or 3 bits of paper. Is everyone appreciative of these pieces of paper? No. They're really, really not.

In fact. I counted about 70 customers of mine on Saturday rejected these coupon sized pieces of information and said either they didn't want them, weren't interested etc... or just looked at them and dumped them at the end of my checkout.

What that means is I was left with between 140-180 pieces of paper gone to waste.

Why? Because Sainsbury's don't do recycling.

We fill our bins on the checkouts with carrier bags. When they're full of rubbish, they go in a big plastic sack and put out by the back door to go to landfill eventually.

And with them, all these countless unwanted bits of paper are going too.

Why can't they be recycled? Because I got told that "if you take them home and recycle them yourself, it'd be stealing because they were meant for whatever customers they were printed for..."

1) I've never heard so much rubbish in all my life
    2) They posess no value what so ever
    3) They're encouraging people into products which could potentially affect them negatively in a financial manner anyway...

The latter being the least of my worries right now.

Yes people, I've gone ECO WARRIOR.

I've been contemplating writing a complaint to head offices in Holborn about this...

Because it makes my heart sink into my stomach to think we're wasting all these resources on something so many people do not give a :snow::snow::snow::snow: about.

And it WILL have an effect in some way. No trees? Nice air peeps...!

So I want your help.

Does anyone else agree with me?!

I want backing. I've got backing of customers... I've got a few of my store's colleagues who agree too.

Others might think I'm crazy.

But if you agree with me and wanna help me out, please, please, PLEASE drop me a PM?

Let's make Sainsbury's... GREEN. Not orange logo'd.

There's no in-store environmental committees?! What can WE do?

PM'S WANTED... YOU KNOW YOU WANNA BE A PART OF A BIG CHANGE!

Please.

Thankies. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I had some time off over Christmas and I am not quite sure wether my manager put it down as leave or holiday.

On my payslip I am £20 short on the amount of overtime I did, but no short time and my full monthly hours are paid even though I didn't do them all. Does this mean that my time off went through as leave and they took it off my overtime, or has it gone through as holiday and they have underpaid me?

Any help would be extremely appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukely)
    I have a big, fat, busy and very noisy bee in my bonnet at the moment and he's struggling to get out and someone's going to get hurt soon because he's starting to get angry...!

People of Sainsbury's Checkout fame... I call upon you all now to answer me this!

You know the new voucher printers are spitting out information about credit cards and loans from Sainsbury's bank at the moment? Does this not make you sick... it's making me feel utterly repulsed.

"What have you against credit cards and loans or Sainsbury's Bank, Lukely?!" you ask...

NOTHING.

What I have a problem with is the fact that EVERY Nectar user gets 2 or 3 bits of paper. Is everyone appreciative of these pieces of paper? No. They're really, really not.

In fact. I counted about 70 customers of mine on Saturday rejected these coupon sized pieces of information and said either they didn't want them, weren't interested etc... or just looked at them and dumped them at the end of my checkout.

What that means is I was left with between 140-180 pieces of paper gone to waste.

We fill our bins on the checkouts with carrier bags. When they're full of rubbish, they go in a big plastic sack and put out by the back door to go to landfill eventually.

Why can't they be recycled? Because I got told that "if you take them home and recycle them yourself, it'd be stealing because they were meant for whatever customers they were printed for..."

3) They're encouraging people into products which could potentially affect them negatively in a financial manner anyway...

I've been contemplating writing a complaint to head offices in Holborn about this...

Because it makes my heart sink into my stomach to think we're wasting all these resources on something so many people do not give a :snow::snow::snow::snow: about.

So I want your help.

I want backing. I've got backing of customers... I've got a few of my store's colleagues who agree too.

But if you agree with me and wanna help me out, please, please, PLEASE drop me a PM?

Please.

Or...they could just give us a payrise. £12 p/h weekdays, £20 p/h weekends - who's with me?!:woo:

ReputationRep:
    Or...they could just give us a payrise. £12 p/h weekdays, £20 p/h weekends - who's with me?!:woo:
    Nice idea morris734 ...but first we'd have to get free plastic carrier bags banned in Sainsbury's (and every other supermarket chain in the UK too... that's a Government thing sadly - fools) and get rid of voucher printers.

Then we could afford to be paid more than Aldi/Lidl workers... they're all on like £8 per hour just for checkouts staff lol :confused:

xxx
    Does your store not have a paper baler? Before I left earlier this year, we had most of the store trained on how to use it. It's supposed to be where the paper should go, ready to be compressed for collection and recycling. If your store doesn't have one, or it isn't used, then that should be something that's explored.

However, I agree with your principle. Can we add wasted food to that list too? I know it's somewhat different to paper, but the stores waste so much. I know that due to the 'compensation' industry, giving out food in such a manor isn't a commercially viable strategy, but it could make a difference.

I'm sure instead of throwing away dented cans etc, we collected them and donated them to charity, Sainsbury's could make a massive difference. For those larger stores in the cities etc, it could not only make a difference for the local populace, but also for Sainsbury's social responsibility but also it's image.

I agree with you 100% on putting forward some sort of initiative. But if I'm not mistaken, Sainsbury's already have a team that's supposed to deal with such things. If you're serious, I would find their details and contact them. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    xxx

I agree with you 100% on putting forward some sort of initiative. But if I'm not mistaken, Sainsbury's already have a team that's supposed to deal with such things. If you're serious, I would find their details and contact them. :yep:
    Oh now, now, WhereIsMyMind... you know I'm serious when I post a big thing like that!!

To my knowledge, we have a baler yes but all they ever seem to put in it is waste cardboard/boxes from GM stuff. Checkouts are TERRIBLE. Everything that is rubbish we're just told to bung it in the bins... which are stuffed with carrier bags and then they're tied up, bunged in a big plastic sack and taken out as "rubbish" to the back door. Because they just mindlessly throw everything out, it can't be recycled anyway 'cos it's such a mix of materials.

I'm deadly serious.

I've never been baler trained. I can ask any of my checkout colleagues and nobody's ever been told of such a baler or trained to use one for said purpose!

ReputationRep:

NOTHING.

So I want your help.

Please.

I agree with you there (tell them you have the backing of a waitrose worker and they would probally laugh in you face though), it is a waste, but do you not have a cardboard baler/bin which you put cardboard boxes in?? could you not just put them in carrier bag whilst your on the checkout and them stick them in the cardboard rubbish with the boxes??, thats what we do with receipts people don't want, so you could do that with your vouchers surely. Although it would probally be better to have an extra button you press, saying do you want vouchers?? and then ask the customer whether they want them then if they do want them they can have them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leighthesim)
    I agree with you there (tell them you have the backing of a waitrose worker and they would probally laugh in you face though), it is a waste, but do you not have a cardboard baler/bin which you put cardboard boxes in?? could you not just put them in carrier bag whilst your on the checkout and them stick them in the cardboard rubbish with the boxes??, thats what we do with receipts people don't want, so you could do that with your vouchers surely. Although it would probally be better to have an extra button you press, saying do you want vouchers?? and then ask the customer whether they want them then if they do want them they can have them.
    +1 to the button idea.

It just spits things out uncontrollably. The printer's a waste of space

And I FORGOT - it uses more energy to print the damn things!!

Argh I'm seriously going to bust someone's nuts over this... :yep: :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Those credit card/loan things are stupid... they have displays on the checkout with colour leaflets, so why the need to print every customer one!? Even more stupid... I've had them 4 times now.... 4x credit cards & 4x loans... on 3 different days... on 2 transactions in a row i got them both times.

And these vouchers (well, not vouchers) appear everywhere... trolleys, by the seats, end of tills, in the charity buckets, car park...

ReputationRep:
    Pay me 20 quid an hour and I'll get it done by opening tomorrow!:yep:

Nice idea morris734 ...but first we'd have to get free plastic carrier bags banned in Sainsbury's (and every other supermarket chain in the UK too... that's a Government thing sadly - fools) and get rid of voucher printers.

Then we could afford to be paid more than Aldi/Lidl workers... they're all on like £8 per hour just for checkouts staff lol :confused:

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the replies regarding the email problem, just wanted a generic store email address for my job application. think i could guess the email but best to ask i believe, wouldn't want a reference email request get lost.

on the paper issue, boost your recycling claims with the amount of paper that goes into the bins from the office too. you use one whole sheet just to print one ticket, one sheet can have at most 18 tickets printed on, so that makes 95% wasted, even worse one mini sel wastes 98%.
    then you have people printing on the wrong side, wrong paper, wasting the whole lot.

ReputationRep:
    And sainsbury's say they are green for printing double sided receipts....
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    we put all rubbish in our balor - paper and cardboard, and all plastic etc... what annoys me is the amount of packaging on the stuff in GM though. plus i think they give a lot of stuff that is either just past its sell by date or damaged [but stil usable] to the local charities

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.