Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mug51)
    anyone know the email address for a specific store, is it [email protected]

still havent seen the new package, might need to venture into the fridges to take a look, but its so cooold

Heya,

Store email addresses work like this:

[email protected] .UK

so, for example

[email protected] O.UK is the managers email address at the fallowfield store in Manchester.

If you let me know which store inparticular you need to contact and who it is within the store that you need to speak to I can get the right address for you as I have access to my sainsbury's email account at home where I can access the Sainsbury's wide email contact list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morris743)
    Is it still snowing there? Stopped here Not sure it's enough to get the day off!
    It's still going here... and doesn't look like its gunna stop any time soon!
    I can't even see my car on the drive anymore.... I hope someone hasn't knicked it and replaced it with snow :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Okay it's falling REALLY heavily here now. If it's supposed to be like this all night, my car is going to be buried in the drive in the morning. And I don't want to run the risk of not being able to get back home. See what it's like in the morning of course, but at this rate it's unlikely the vans will be let out tomorrow anyway.
    Thats what worried me the other week, about the car being left somewhere so I walked in.
    I wonder whats happening with deliveries today. We've got about a foot of snow here. Very funny when my dog stepped off the decking, I say stepped, but she didn't step because the snow is level, & she fell into the snow & almost disappeared. I shouldn't laugh really lmao

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna go in, get my mum to drive as her car is in the garage. Reckon it'll be pretty easy though, can't imagine many customers think anything on GM is absolutely essential.

It's coming close to 10 inches now and still snowing.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    yeah we've got like 6-7 inches, blargh

I went in, the snow around here isn't bad at all, the main roads are wet and the semi-back roads are slush. The car park was just slushy as well, even though we had another 2 hours of snow this morning. Got an hours overtime in as well :p:

ReputationRep:
    Really bad down here, we didn't do any deliveries today, and online dept ended up putting stock out instead as hardly anybody else turned up.

ReputationRep:
    I definately wont make it to work tomorrow because of the snow, but i was supposed to hand in my notice tomorrow, If I cant get in for the rest of the week what should i do?

ReputationRep:
    bearly anyone made it in to my local branch today (in south east, surrey), and there was no milk what so ever, no veg, and no uht milk (or similar) i ended up with evaporated for my coffee, though the only reason i made it to get shopping was cause i live about 2 minute walk away in normal weather (10 in the snow since i had to wear huge boots) and since it was up a hill the deliverys can't make it, and it was the same situation in waitrose, all very fun.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    don't know how work is here but everyone who can has been making it in [night shift] so...

ReputationRep:
    Where I am the likes of Boots, WH Smith, Marks, even Tesco shut early this afternoon cos it got so bad. Staff before money I guess.

Has your store ever closed early to make sure you get home? Mine hasn't.

ReputationRep:
    We closed an hour and a half early tonight... wasn't enough customers to stay open. Finished an hour early

Shelves were bare though.. No fresh milk, no bread or rolls, no long life milk.... gaps all over the place... and expecting poor deliverys tomorrow too!

ReputationRep:
    Deliveries cancelled at our store today, probabaly be the same tomorrow as we're expecting more snow. Not sure if many shoppers went in to work as they are allowed authorised unpaid if they cant get in? Things must be bad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    We closed an hour and a half early tonight... wasn't enough customers to stay open. Finished an hour early
    Nice. Can I have a transfer please? Did you get paid?

Also, do store managers have the power to close stores or do they have to ask Head Office permission first?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morris743)
    Nice. Can I have a transfer please? Did you get paid?

Also, do store managers have the power to close stores or do they have to ask Head Office permission first?
    Nah, won't get paid... it was overtime.
    And i think it can be done without HO permission... only one manager could get in today anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    Nah, won't get paid... it was overtime.
    And i think it can be done without HO permission... only one manager could get in today anyway!
    You never said I could have a transfer

ReputationRep:
    I dont like having a city centre store, theres never enough snow in a city centre to force a shop shut

ReputationRep:
    it's funny how when the carpark is full of snow, customers just park anywhere lol, noticed when i was walking where the zerbra corssing should be (if it werent cobvered by snow) there was a car in front of it.

when your the first one in the car park you can set the trend where peaple park, park in 4 bays then a car will park directly behind you etc. then wait for snow to melt to see everone not in one bay. parking tickets for all (not sure if car park enforcers give you ticketrs for being bay greedy)

ReputationRep:
    Only 5 of us today (only me + 1 staying till 10)

no one on night shift came in

20 customers max (and it is a pretty big department). Basically it cost them more to keep the store open than it would have been to close a few hours early.

ReputationRep:
    do i call the absence number if i can't get into work due to the snow as i don't drive and my dad said his car won't manage on the roads - i think taxi's are not running either

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.