Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by sdubz)
    do i call the absence number if i can't get into work due to the snow as i don't drive and my dad said his car won't manage on the roads - i think taxi's are not running either
    Hi,

When you mention absence line, I take it you're referring to the voicemail line? If so, no. You would need to speak to someone in the store (duty manager) who'll advise further. It may be that transport is arranged for you, or you'll be given the all clear to not come in.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me whats the difference is between a Customer Service Manager and a Customer Trading and Support Manager? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    This is mental. No online shopping being delivered. I am due to have mine delivered between 9 & 10 in the morning, no chance! lol
    Be gone snow! Evil one! LOL Bored now...

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Its been AGES since i've posted on here but anyway I left Sainsburys for a while, and have now secured a position back a a different store.

I've been told that I need to go in for a 2 day induction this Monday and Tuesday 8am-5pm by HR in Manc however I really cant make it the whole day for both of them due to college, which I cant miss due to exams the same week and revision etc ..

BUTTTTT! Ive already done the basic induction and training when I worked at Sainsburys in September..?

Do you think they will just let me come in 3pm-5pm Monday
    and 12.45 ish - till 5pm on Tuesday?

Does this sound acceptable to you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    You're in my store aren't you, I think it is you anyway lol
    If so, yes we have 2 balers, but they are only used for cardboard :yes:
    I agree about the carrier bag thing. I dont understand why online shoppers are bagging the shopping, why not just leave it in the tote??? The driver can then give it to the customer to empty onto their kitchen counter, then put it away when he's gone, no bag wastage. Bobs ya uncle
    Yes it's me Spazzycazzy lol I do work in your store =P

Ahhh I have to walk to work and back tomorrow night that's if there's anything left in there!! Haha oh how I'd love a "don't bother coming in" call lol

(Original post by kkdonut)
    Hi,
    Its been AGES since i've posted on here but anyway I left Sainsburys for a while, and have now secured a position back a a different store.

I've been told that I need to go in for a 2 day induction this Monday and Tuesday 8am-5pm by HR in Manc however I really cant make it the whole day for both of them due to college, which I cant miss due to exams the same week and revision etc ..

BUTTTTT! Ive already done the basic induction and training when I worked at Sainsburys in September..?

Do you think they will just let me come in 3pm-5pm Monday
    and 12.45 ish - till 5pm on Tuesday?

Does this sound acceptable to you?
    Hi,

Unfortunately, you'll need to be inducted again. It's a timewaster if I'm honest, however, it needs to be done, as you'll need to have a complete training file at your new store too.

Before, if it was a local store you could get away with it. But something internally has recently changed and now you'll need to be done again.

If you're unable to make induction, you'll need to speak to the PTM (aka HR) manager at the store. I know that the store trainers are on shifts, so there shouldn't be a problem with rescheduling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukely)
    Yes it's me Spazzycazzy lol I do work in your store =P

Ahhh I have to walk to work and back tomorrow night that's if there's anything left in there!! Haha oh how I'd love a "don't bother coming in" call lol
    Oh me too! There is no shopping deliveries because of the snow so when I go in saturday morning at 6, I shall be on other depts apparently. I am NOT looking forward to that one little bit. Its going to be the slowest 4 hours of my life I think!

ReputationRep:
    fortunatley all our deliveries have made it in even if they are late, however we havn't had enough people to get them out on the shelves (too many couldn't make it from fresh) so the chiller is full of unworked stuff, hopefully some of it will be cleared by tomorrow when i go in though, but what a time for the weather to go bad, we had pretty empty chillers on monday anyway because we have just finished clearing the christmas stuff and are trying to return things to normal, it is utter chaos at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sdubz)
    do i call the absence number if i can't get into work due to the snow as i don't drive and my dad said his car won't manage on the roads - i think taxi's are not running either
    You can try that business continuity line too. They'll tell you to go to a nearer store if applicable.

The number is on the back of your badge.

edit: 0800 027 1371

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    This is mental. No online shopping being delivered. I am due to have mine delivered between 9 & 10 in the morning, no chance! lol
    Be gone snow! Evil one! LOL Bored now...
    Have you ever had to pick your own shop?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    You can try that business continuity line too. They'll tell you to go to a nearer store if applicable.

The number is on the back of your badge.

edit: 0800 027 1371
    The Sainsbury's 'Business Disaster Line':woo: :eek3:

I just agreed to go in at 4am(instead of 6), then remembered how cold it is going to be out :cool: .....at least I'll have my iphone.

ReputationRep:
    3rd day of closing early today
    Fingers crossed for tomorrow being the 4th!

ReputationRep:
    More show predicted here for Sunday. Ahhhhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morris743)
    More show predicted here for Sunday. Ahhhhh
    Cue more panic buying!!

We ran out of milk this morning, bread by 2 & eggs by 6! Crazy

ReputationRep:
    double post

ReputationRep:
    We had a TRIAD day today (Use as little electricity as possible).

And as a reward for the limited power usage, we get 2 power cuts! Yay!

I love power cuts on Checkouts. You get to be a hero for 10 minutes!

I was sitting upstairs waiting for my shift to start then there was this MASSIVE bang, then the lights go out. then "Will all management and all till trained colleagues report to checkouts immediately.

I must say, i'm not impressed at the way self service handles power cuts. They stay on, but they don't give out change and the chip and pin machines break, so they need to be reset >_>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    Have you ever had to pick your own shop?
    Once or twice yes. You dont know who's shopping you have because its not done by name now is it, but by number. Funny after a few items though, & you think hang on, I ordered all this
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    urgh stupid stupid snow i hate it

ReputationRep:
    Well our store now has notices down the bread isle saying there is no more bread, once its gone its gone.
    I drove to work this morning at 5.45. Never again! It was awful, & the store car park is lethal! Why they dont hire someone to plough & grit it is beyond me! Someone is going to break their neck before this snow eventually goes, I just know it! Trouble is, we are due for another couple of inches this weekend. I will definately be going by foot on monday morning, even if it is dangerous. If I fall & break a leg, I will just freeze to death before the sun comes up LOL

Yeah, driving in at 5.15 this morning was mental. The store car park was all snow, so it was okay. Sometimes there's someone there clearing it up but not always.

On the upside, our store is totally overrun with stock where we've been able to get deliveries in, but then the snow comes down and staff can't make it in. None of the shopping has been delivered for the past three days now, and this morning I was working on bakery for half an hour to fill the shelves with yesterdays bread, and then worked on grocery for a bit. The bakery this morning only had one person in so there was no fresh bread being made, and as we're well into the middle of a refit now, customers were getting pretty annoyed. The online manager and team leaders have been getting a lot of complaints about shopping not being delivered, but those people 'can't' make it into the store to pick it up, so how do they expect the vans to go out and deliver to their door? The store manager, who is still fairly new, was saying it isn't good enough, but everyone's just getting sick of him atm and I think the drivers are going to have a little word with him soon.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.