The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Not the same but a lot of people here switch easily from night shift to day :awesome: it's really unpopular. But they have enough staff so :tongue:

I don't even have a name tag :biggrin:
I had a sunburst badge, but the lettering wore out, so they stuck an orange label on top.
can you get your discount with online shopping?
Reply 3763
ShortyGetLow

Apparently you need to ring up and tell them you have a staff discount.
Reply 3764
Foulish
Apparently you need to ring up and tell them you have a staff discount.

Yep, you can. I got it on my account, handy, there are some bargains to be had online!
ShortyGetLow

Sure can. You ring them to register your staff discount on your account, only have to ring them once, then its automatic everytime you shop.
Real nice bloke I spoke to when I rang them, very helpful. Was a saturday too. I didn't think they would be there then.
Reply 3766
I feel quite guilty.
My manager asked today if I was working till September, as I had said in my interview. Now I was planning on doing that until recently, as I have decided to go travelling during the summer, and won't be back till September at which point I am off to uni. Really I will only be working till mid April. Should I tell him now, or should I just leave it and give in my notice in March?
Reply 3767
Give in your notice in March.
ooooh today was an interesting shift. I was on my till minding my own business when i got approached by a girl on the deli whos a team leader there. She'd come over to ask if I'd consider working on the deli.. ive been thinking about it all evening. What would you prefer, deli or tills?
At the moment i do 430-830/fridays and 11-7 saturdays. Theres a position on deli for 430-830 on monday wednesday friday. I quite like these hours as then the weekend would be my own! But im so unsure..
ShortyGetLow
ooooh today was an interesting shift. I was on my till minding my own business when i got approached by a girl on the deli whos a team leader there. She'd come over to ask if I'd consider working on the deli.. ive been thinking about it all evening. What would you prefer, deli or tills?
At the moment i do 430-830/fridays and 11-7 saturdays. Theres a position on deli for 430-830 on monday wednesday friday. I quite like these hours as then the weekend would be my own! But im so unsure..

It depends, deli is good, you serve the customers and don't have to lug cages, but your on your feet all day and when your not serving customers your cleaning, however on a till you sit there on your checkout and bleep the customers shopping through all day (where the only exitement is when there are vegetables or a customer who is willing to have a good old chat with you) I would go deli, but as long as i had the option to change back to checkout if i found it wasn't for me after i had done training ( i want to be deli trained, but need to talk to my manager)
Reply 3770
does sainsbury's usually have an occupational health person/department at each store??????
Leighthesim
It depends, deli is good, you serve the customers and don't have to lug cages, but your on your feet all day and when your not serving customers your cleaning, however on a till you sit there on your checkout and bleep the customers shopping through all day (where the only exitement is when there are vegetables or a customer who is willing to have a good old chat with you) I would go deli, but as long as i had the option to change back to checkout if i found it wasn't for me after i had done training ( i want to be deli trained, but need to talk to my manager)

Thats what i was thinking of doing. Like have a trial. It would be different as i've been on tills for over a year. And could get more out of it, like skills compared to checkouts. Well, i've got a week to decide lol
Reply 3772
Quick question. Does any other store have the bizarre policy of logging off the till when not serving anyone? I got told off the other day for sitting there with my till on and no customers, apparently they do it to "stop the clock" on our IPM. We never did this in my old store.
Asriel
Quick question. Does any other store have the bizarre policy of logging off the till when not serving anyone? I got told off the other day for sitting there with my till on and no customers, apparently they do it to "stop the clock" on our IPM. We never did this in my old store.

I'm pretty sure that it won't alter your IPM. Your IPM will usually start as soon as the first item is scanned and end as soon as you press Enter to complete the transaction. However, it confuses me because your Cashier Tracker (used for observations) highlights the number of Sign Offs you've made which should be as low as possible.

I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that logging out lowers the likeliness of the system crashing?
2 weeks ive been waiting for a holiday form. I asked monday just gone, I had actually written down for it the previous monday to that. But because of the snow they said they hadn't got round to doing them, but they should be done by friday.
Will see if I have to ask YET again. Ive got 2 days left to book & they wonder why they have to allocate us it, & am off in feb but dont know what week. I just wanna know!!!! LOL
interested... when do HR actually contact your referees?
Reply 3776
Asriel

It's to do with productivity on checkouts. If you stay signed on when not serving, it will make your dept look un-productive. It's recently that we have been told to do this at our store too.
Reply 3777
Jordan694
I'm pretty sure that it won't alter your IPM. Your IPM will usually start as soon as the first item is scanned and end as soon as you press Enter to complete the transaction. However, it confuses me because your Cashier Tracker (used for observations) highlights the number of Sign Offs you've made which should be as low as possible.

I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that logging out lowers the likeliness of the system crashing?

I didnt think it would affect the IPM. Weirdos

Oh-No!
It's to do with productivity on checkouts. If you stay signed on when not serving, it will make your dept look un-productive. It's recently that we have been told to do this at our store too

I guess that could be their real reason. Sneaky checkout manager :p:
Reply 3778
is it best to ask to transfer after your probation period as mine ends on the 21st Jan so i was thinking early February. Also does anybody know if that NVQ qualification that is equivalent to 5 GCSE's A-C can get you into a level 3 btec national diploma course
Reply 3779
orchid
does sainsbury's usually have an occupational health person/department at each store??????

does anyone know??? please....:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending