Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    How did your store work it with the snow? Ours said if we couldn't get in, we could have it authorised unpaid. Fair play. A notice to state that was put at the clocking in machine. Only now they've decided we need to make the time up! Oh my days.....
    that is stupid, i swear that they can't do that (not that i have been in the situation where i can't get to work) just go and talk to your manager (or who ever told you to go authorised unpaid)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    Even though I am new and couldn't book it in 2008/start of 2009 like everyone else?
    If your a new starter, you may be a special case.

Really, you need to talk to your manager/HR Department.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leighthesim)
    that is stupid, i swear that they can't do that (not that i have been in the situation where i can't get to work) just go and talk to your manager (or who ever told you to go authorised unpaid)
    In all honesty nothing has been said to me, I only had one day off. But a few others in my dept have been told this week that because so many were off, they want them to make the time up now. And the fact our dept is mega busy this week. They actually admitted that was part of the reason. Makes me laugh. I am expecting to be asked today to work tomorrow. I'll do it, only because I need the money though! But when I rang in on that snow morning a team leader answered & I said to her put me down for the authorised unpaid please. So its a bit cheeky them moving the goalposts now. One woman whose 7 months pregnant has had to work 8 days on the trot so far to make up her hours. She's so tired.

ReputationRep:
    Not Sainsbury's related but might be of interest:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/8466751.stm

Boy, thats taking customer service to a whole new level! If that was Sainsbury's I would give them all top marks on their MCM for a year!

Only thing is, in the Cafe? Want a coffee with that baby? Bargain!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    Not Sainsbury's related but might be of interest:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/8466751.stm

Boy, thats taking customer service to a whole new level! If that was Sainsbury's I would give them all top marks on their MCM for a year!

Only thing is, in the Cafe? Want a coffee with that baby? Bargain!
    Ahhh thats lovely! It would be so embarrassing in our cafe, windows all the way along it onto the car park :yep:
    Must be something about Asda, I was in labour in Adsa, had to keep stopping & leaning on the trolley when I had a contraction. That was about 3pm, he wasn't born until 11 pm though, in hospital not in Asda

ReputationRep:
    The JSR wouldn't be the most private place to deliver a baby :eyeball:. I think they'd be getting a few shining stars, if it were Sainsburys :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    Anyone know how much the annual amount you recieve is for completion of the first aid course within your store?
    Ooo also, how do Nectar know your a colleague, as I know sometimes they do offers especially for staff..?

Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkdonut)
    Ooo also, how do Nectar know your a colleague, as I know sometimes they do offers especially for staff..?
    AFAIK there isn't anything they do to associate your nectar card with being a staff member.

Staff offers normally just use vouchers which come with your pay slip.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    zzzz so bored on my holiday ... only a week and a day til i go back :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    I've got my interview tomorrow.

Hopefully I can join you all as a real employee of Sainsbury's :awesome:

Any last minute advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)

Any last minute advice?
    Yeah. Don't go.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    :rofl: !

er, just be confident and try your best. answer the questions from a 'what does sainsburys expect' point of view... though personally i would've chosen the same options anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    Yeah. Don't go.
    haha

As much as I would prefer to stay at home, I could do with earning some money and constant drunken slurs of 'get a ******* job you lazy ****' from my dad:p: (in fact, they're not even drunken slurs, they just happen whenever I ask for some money) mean I've got to try for a job at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    :rofl: !

er, just be confident and try your best. answer the questions from a 'what does sainsburys expect' point of view... though personally i would've chosen the same options anyway!
    Is this for the DVD test, actual interview or both? Is it just like the questionnaire you do when you apply?

Also, I'm going to phone the HR number tomorrow morning but, if you or anyone else knows; will an expired passport along with a driving licence and NI card be ok to prove I can work in the UK?

My birth certificate is in the sideboard which is locked and my mum isn't back with the key until Friday.

ReputationRep:
    Best advice is probably what ink said. Give answers that will please Sainsburys.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by PJ991)
    Is this for the DVD test, actual interview or both? Is it just like the questionnaire you do when you apply?

Also, I'm going to phone the HR number tomorrow morning but, if you or anyone else knows; will an expired passport along with a driving licence and NI card be ok to prove I can work in the UK?

My birth certificate is in the sideboard which is locked and my mum isn't back with the key until Friday.
    DVD test! Just be yourself in the one-to-one interview.

Er, no idea. I used my birth certificate & NI card which they asked for anyway.

ReputationRep:
    A job advertisement has just appeared in my store and they are looking for team leaders.

I am VERY tempted to apply for it. Only thing is I do not have "authority" at the moment - People just don't do what I ask them - however nice I say it to them, so I think that may be a disadvantage to me. I am slightly worried that if I do get offered the job i'll "lose" the respect of those around me.

I would like to move up the ladder, but at present I do not think I have enough experience.

I currently go to uni and I hope to be a P/T TL.

If there are any TL's out there, take me into it/out of it - be as harsh as you like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)

Any last minute advice?
    When answering the questions, turn the situation around. Your the customer and you are in that situation, and answer how you would like the problem to be resolved on your personal expectations.

ReputationRep:
    How long have you been at Sainsburys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    How long have you been at Sainsburys?
    A year and 4 months.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.