Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ooh.. I've got an interview Just need to book it. Fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    Pay is the same across the store, it just relates to age. £6.07 is for over 18s starting rate...

I can imagine pushing trolleys is ok - no customers to deal with but like, it's cold outside and stuff so :tongue:
    Are you sure? Counters staff get an extra £1 in my store, as do online drivers. Because their work is "skilled"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    Are you sure? Counters staff get an extra £1 in my store, as do online drivers. Because their work is "skilled"
    Online drivers at our store, get 50p per hour they actually drive (i.e. not stacking totes) and £6.07 is only starting, its goes upto £6.23 after probation, then upto £6.87/93 if you can prove you are adding more to Sainsburys at your review.

ReputationRep:
    How do we find out what our hourly pay is, is it on our payslips? I'm sure when I started just over a year ago I was on £6.50/60 or 70 something an hour? I'm over 18 though? Ive got pension & union coming out my wages & cant remember exactly what those cost, so cant really work it out.

ReputationRep:
    Do your pharmacy staff have the same raise? It seems like they should as they have to be properly trained on an RPSGB course and have large responsibilities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    How do we find out what our hourly pay is, is it on our payslips? I'm sure when I started just over a year ago I was on £6.50/60 or 70 something an hour? I'm over 18 though? Ive got pension & union coming out my wages & cant remember exactly what those cost, so cant really work it out.
    It's not directly on your payslip, but you can divide your pay by the number of hours worked in order to work it out :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    It's not directly on your payslip, but you can divide your pay by the number of hours worked in order to work it out :p:
    LOL yes, but I dont know how much I pay on my pension each month, & the USDAW payment that comes out too. So it wont be very accurate will it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longorefisher)
    Do your pharmacy staff have the same raise? It seems like they should as they have to be properly trained on an RPSGB course and have large responsibilities.
    I think you are paid a salary if your a pharmasist, rather than p/h

ReputationRep:
    LOL yes, but I dont know how much I pay on my pension each month, & the USDAW payment that comes out too. So it wont be very accurate will it!
    Surely it will show the net pay before your payments actually get deducted?

ReputationRep:
    I think you are paid a salary if your a pharmasist, rather than p/h
    No I meant the pharmacy assistants. I would auto. assume that the pharmacists would be on salaries.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Well at our store they've got a sheet of paper with pay rates on and it says they're all the same... (as in it just says starting rate- £6.07 for 18+, and whatever it is for under 18) You've just got premiums etc on the top. Well that's what I get from it anyway!!

ReputationRep:
    It says all that on your payslip, and it says your basic pay without any deductions, so divide that by your hours and you will have how much you earn per hour!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    pay day is next week right? :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Next friday!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    wahey. i'm mentally spending my pennies already.

ReputationRep:
    I've finished paying my car insurance now as well, so its my money this month!!!
    Roll on next Friday!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    woot! i want to learn to drive ...

ReputationRep:
    I think its really rubbish that I have to find cover for a shift i'm not contracted to do. I work on Sundays even though I am not contracted but cannot do this sunday, so spoke to them and they said I would have to find cover. Ggr!

ReputationRep:
    Next Friday? So soon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absurd)
    Next Friday? So soon?
    :yep: :woo:

Has anyone else got the rascal newspaper handsets now?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.