Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Yay cngrats PJ

Crawleytown, bank holiday entitlement, means you can book all those, i'm 99% sure they cant refuse you them as its official bank holiday days. obviously you will be using you holiday up on them though. I booked most of them last year. I dont think I will this year because I failed to remember you actually get paid more for those bank holidays if you work them! lol
    Edit: you dont tick the days, you write the number in that little box corresponding to the day you want off. I only work 4 hour days so I put #4 in the blank box next to the day i want off. Then put the total for that week at the end of the week (where it says total) Sign it where it says colleague, your dept manager signs the rest, thats it done.
    Thank you! Appreciate it.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Does anyone know what the Commerical department is, and what the normal sort of duties it involves!!! Would reallllly appreaciate it..

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkdonut)
    Hi,
    Does anyone know what the Commerical department is, and what the normal sort of duties it involves!!! Would reallllly appreaciate it..

Thanks!
    I know that whenever the ATM swallows a card we have to call the commercial manager ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    how long do we have to do holiday for this year? i don't know when to start booking although i'm not really bothered when i have my dates off... don't fancy having random allocation of all 180 hours though!
    How long? Depends what hours you work, length or service, varies from person to person. I work 16 hours a week & get 96 hours holiday a year?
    Goes from march to march. First come first serve.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    How long? Depends what hours you work, length or service, varies from person to person. I work 16 hours a week & get 96 hours holiday a year?
    Goes from march to march. First come first serve.
    I meant when can we start booking/how long do we have to book it According to my form I've got 180 hours!

ReputationRep:
    I realised how long the induction would be. 2 days of 7 hours. Quite serious compared to 3 hours at McDonald's.

Maybe a silly question, but is this paid? and are references sought before or after the induction?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)
    I realised how long the induction would be. 2 days of 7 hours. Quite serious compared to 3 hours at McDonald's.

Maybe a silly question, but is this paid? and are references sought before or after the induction?
    You do get paid for it, and I think they get the references whenever. I don't think there is a set rule if they are done before or after induction. My induction was 3 days after I got told I had the job so it was unlikely they would have got my references in that time, but if your induction is a week away then they may do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    I meant when can we start booking/how long do we have to book it According to my form I've got 180 hours!
    Ooooh thats a nice amount of holiday there! lol
    Now as far as I know?! We got given our holiday forms this week, although apparently they were late & should have been in our last pay packet. Ive already filled it in for my xmas time off! Gotta get in quick in our place lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wildebeest)
    I haven't been trained on RASCAL for news and magazines yet, but it is supposed to make stock control and returns a lot easier. That's the story at least. I was unimpressed when it began talking.

Commercial is administration, and at assistant level this is working in the cash office, price and advertising control, and the inward goods side of the warehouse. Profit protection, maintenance and the like also come into it, although they are generally more for those in charge of the department.
    Thanks! - Apparently Im now on this department, I had no idea what it was expect being told 'verbatim' - "Back door" :/

ReputationRep:
    on the rascal issue, think it was meant to solve shrinkage on news and mags, something like 2 million lost through news and mags shrink. they use the team at rascal to help us get our credits cause they find anyway not to give the credits for the returns.

hell knows how much they are plumping into the rascal system to try solve the shrink issue.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Ooooh thats a nice amount of holiday there! lol
    Now as far as I know?! We got given our holiday forms this week, although apparently they were late & should have been in our last pay packet. Ive already filled it in for my xmas time off! Gotta get in quick in our place lol
    Indeed :woo: I'm not bothered about working over Xmas, so meh :tongue: I'm terrible at picking holidays though!!!

ReputationRep:
    Anybody know what happens when a new store opens(to replace an old one)......I can't wait, my dept should have a much larger area!.
    Although it depends if i'm still working for Sainsburys by then:p:

Well I assume they open the doors and you do your work how you did before :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    and then you partay :dance:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how much we are going to be selling Mass Effect 2 for when it's released on Friday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nevasleep)
    I found it a bit hard to read, seems 'whiney whiney moany moany' to me, but I guess I'm used to being Sainsburys' ***** now:p:

Anybody know when the pay/hours cut off for this month is?, as being Sainsburys' ***** I've done a hellva lot of OT this month.
    Whereas we have an overtime ban!

There is absolutly no overtime. Just for me to get my usual 2 hours in order to run the checkout line, they had to literally beg HR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Well I assume they open the doors and you do your work how you did before :p:
    I read in the Sainsbury's magazine that they close shop for a couple of days and get everyone to transfer stock from one store to another (But the new store was opening on the other side of the road).

I can imagine sitting in my car and seeing 2000 cages being rolled across a road crossing. Oh imagine if it was a Zebra crossing. I would be like CAN YOU NOT DO THIS AT NIGHT?

We have loads of overtime going at the moment but I don't have time to do any of it! I reckon if I didn't have uni work I could regularly be doing an extra 16 hours a week. Not that I'd want to do that much, but still :p:

ReputationRep:
    can anyone tell me what GOL and GM means?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Finbar21)
    can anyone tell me what GOL and GM means?
    Groceries online and general merchandise.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.