Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teh_samby)
    Groceries online and general merchandise.
    cheers, you're awesome.

ReputationRep:
    We have tonnes of overtime, we always seem to have loads going, we never seem particularly understaffed, thought he overtime is for checkouts, they may be, i dunno, i rarely venture down there.

ReputationRep:
    how are your stores for console returns? i know that a console can only be returned if faulty and within 28 days, however people who have a broken one after so many months buy one and make a switch and take it back as faulty for a refund.
    I have a wii console come back 2 days after purchase allegedly and only the console is out of it's packaging and has lots of scratches on, and also a ps3 came back because a game was stuck in it, also got a refund on the game too, red light of death i suspect.

so how do you guys check to make sure the console they bought a few says ago is the same they bring back. what i am thinking of doing is getting the serial number off the console and calling sony, nintendo or microsoft to see if they have been registered, but then again they might have not registered the console.
    Other way would be to take note of all console serial numbers but that involves opening the box.

ReputationRep:
    Im sure when i baught my PS3 i got told to keep my receipt because it had a years warrenty on it. Alas, i lost the receipt :'(
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    we usually have overtime going, mainly saturdays as nobody wants to do those (i'm contracted to do it so i've got no choice!) don't blame them really as the delivery doesn't come until 5am usually and it's crazy when you've only got about 6 people!

ReputationRep:
    I have a big bruise on my hand and I blame Sainsbo's.

We have a bit of overtime at the moment, possibly because of people being off on holiday.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i get lots of bruises on my legs, nooot cool. i've also headbutted a few things i've gone down in the accident book quite a few times now for slipping on substances etc lol. needless to say i'm getting quite a reputation for being clumsy :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Blimey, accident book? I'm always injuring myself at work but never seriously enough to need help. You wouldn't think that checkouts are so dangerous. They probably aren't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mug51)
    how are your stores for console returns? i know that a console can only be returned if faulty and within 28 days, however people who have a broken one after so many months buy one and make a switch and take it back as faulty for a refund.
    I have a wii console come back 2 days after purchase allegedly and only the console is out of it's packaging and has lots of scratches on, and also a ps3 came back because a game was stuck in it, also got a refund on the game too, red light of death i suspect.

so how do you guys check to make sure the console they bought a few says ago is the same they bring back. what i am thinking of doing is getting the serial number off the console and calling sony, nintendo or microsoft to see if they have been registered, but then again they might have not registered the console.
    Other way would be to take note of all console serial numbers but that involves opening the box.
    Sainsbury's policy is - if you dont want it you can return it within 28 days. Faulty = 1 year. After than its Sony's/Nintendos/Microsofts problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absurd)
    Blimey, accident book? I'm always injuring myself at work but never seriously enough to need help. You wouldn't think that checkouts are so dangerous. They probably aren't.
    You should go on a checkout when the sensors stop working momentarily, the belt continues to roll and pushes everything into your crotch rather painfully.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mug51)

A console can be returned if its faulty up to a year later. If you buy any electricals anywhere & the store tries getting you to contact the manufacturer within the first year, they are breaking the law. Its up to the shop to refund/replace, then make their claim through the manufacturer themselves.

ReputationRep:
    I got my induction on the 26th and 27th and I'm slightly worried. The guy on the phone said I will need to bring my documents to prove right to work in UK and bank details. Since I wasn't born in UK I really didn't need/have a bank account or NI number while at school. I am now on a gap year and need a job. I have applied for a bank account and it should be open by the end of the week and my NI interview with the job centre is in the first week of feburary. Do you think this would be a problem? Can I give them my mum's bank details in the mean time?

ReputationRep:
    Hi i was due to start work at 10:00 last sunday , i phoned in late and said i'd be in at 10:30 ... on the way traveling back i got kicked off a train for having the wrong ticket, they took down by details and said they'd be in contact with me...and i was stranded with no money to pay for a full price ticket and had to wait for somebody to pick me up. Anyway my mobile had no battery and i couldn't contact work...

They guy didn't give me any paper work or anything he wrote me into a an electronic book , and said they may prosecute ... my checkout manger wants proof , and i duno what i'm meant to give her as they've not sent anything? What will happen if they don't prosecute? ive got no reciept or anything will i get a disciplinary ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr lova lova)
    I got my induction on the 26th and 27th and I'm slightly worried. The guy on the phone said I will need to bring my documents to prove right to work in UK and bank details. Since I wasn't born in UK I really didn't need/have a bank account or NI number while at school. I am now on a gap year and need a job. I have applied for a bank account and it should be open by the end of the week and my NI interview with the job centre is in the first week of feburary. Do you think this would be a problem? Can I give them my mum's bank details in the mean time?
    I don't think you are allowed to give any other bank details, I think that they may just postpone you starting work until you can get these documents. They won't pay you until a week/two weeks after you start anyway, so they may not need the bank details yet. You can phone the sainsburys recruitment line which is on their website and ask them about it.

I'm just wondering how long it took for them to reply back to you after your interview. I had an interview Saturday morning, (not sure if they had any other interviews to do) and they said that the test that I did will be marked and then they will let me know if I get the job, but they didn't say how long and I didn't think to ask, i'm not even sure how they let you know if you have it. So could you give me some info on this please? My interview went really well I thought and me and both the interviewers seemed to get on really well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    Sainsbury's policy is - if you dont want it you can return it within 28 days. Faulty = 1 year. After than its Sony's/Nintendos/Microsofts problem.
    really?

i'm sure it says that after 28 days customer must contact manufacturer...i'll take another read another time but i'm sure that's what it says.

anyone have a big cardboard fridge at the front of their store? think the fridge looks mint, was in yesterday wondering what it was for it just had a bit of cardboard ham on one shelf and some others on other shelves.
    fast foward the day, they filled it with the free food containers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mug51)
    i'm sure it says that after 28 days customer must contact manufacturer...i'll take another read another time but i'm sure that's what it says.
    I think under the Sale of Goods Act you can take faulty items back to the retailer for upto 12 months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mug51)
    really?

anyone have a big cardboard fridge at the front of their store? think the fridge looks mint, was in yesterday wondering what it was for it just had a bit of cardboard ham on one shelf and some others on other shelves.
    fast foward the day, they filled it with the free food containers.
    Love Your Leftovers. It's so annoying when people come to my till with just the bloody tupperware and nowt else.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    haven#t been in work for a while now cos of hols but wow i wanna see a big fridge :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    I realised today that I only have 30 shifts left! A total of 210 hours.

Really isn't a long time at all.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    no it isnt!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.