Turn on thread page Beta

Sainsburys thread MK ll watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absurd)
    Love Your Leftovers. It's so annoying when people come to my till with just the bloody tupperware and nowt else.
    lol, you should ask if they want some leftovers for that, maybes some bread to put in it?
    do you give them a receipt for it? our store you can just take it without going through till, however stocklevels wont be correct. but then shrink wont be bad its only 1p each.

aww, you dunno what you're missing inksplodge i keep looking at it as i walk past, it's like one of those toy fridges but bigger and with some ham on a shelf.

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of the leftover boxes, they wouldn't let me take one because it was apparently for customers only.

Nice going Sainsburys, I am trying to save food and all but you won't let me.

ReputationRep:
    I get really annoyed when people put things that they don't want me to scan on the conveyor belt. For example, free leaflets/brochures, their car keys, bags for life, shopping lists, purses, phone, oh, and those free leftovers boxes. I picked one up off the belt the other day and accidentally scanned it and the woman jumped at me: "oh no, those are free!" ...Yes, I'm fully aware that they are free. But if it's free why did you put it on the conveyor belt for me to scan? >.<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absurd)
    Love Your Leftovers. It's so annoying when people come to my till with just the bloody tupperware and nowt else.
    why is that annoying?

ReputationRep:
    Leftover boxes? From the cafe or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teh_samby)
    I get really annoyed when people put things that they don't want me to scan on the conveyor belt. For example, free leaflets/brochures, their car keys, bags for life, shopping lists, purses, phone, oh, and those free leftovers boxes. I picked one up off the belt the other day and accidentally scanned it and the woman jumped at me: "oh no, those are free!" ...Yes, I'm fully aware that they are free. But if it's free why did you put it on the conveyor belt for me to scan? >.<
    What you do is, take their car keys and wait for them to come back in a panic and say to them "You shouldn't leave it on the belt!".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teh_samby)
    If they left them on the belt, I just scanned them anyway lol the look of horror on the customers faces, but at least it comes up as free gift anyway

ReputationRep:
    Work is beginning to drag now, not much happenning in the store. I suppose working about 40 hours a week doesn't help. Just over a month to go now before I go travelling can't wait. Gotta hand in my resignation letter at the end of the week, do you think I should give my manager prior warning or just shove the resignation letter in her face on saturday?

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, they just rejected me. I applied for a Convenience Customer Service Assistance position but I didn't pass that pompous little test about "What do you do if you think the bananas are going off" a)Speak to your supervisor b)Sell them anyway c)Speak to your supervisor to convince him you should sell them anyway d) Run like hell

Well, you know the drill -_-

But I mean, really? I don't have any experience doing this kind of job but everyone has to start somewhere... Is it just luck or how are you supposed to answer this thing correctly? Does it really take a very special kind of individual to stock shelves and empty lorries? Or how does it work! I feel like a right t**t :woo:

Oh well at least they didn't ban me from applying again for 6 months, like they do in M&S. That's just mean

rhaco: Makes no difference, but I wouldn't be a ****** about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tongolele)
    Ugh, they just rejected me. I applied for a Convenience Customer Service Assistance position but I didn't pass that pompous little test about "What do you do if you think the bananas are going off" a)Speak to your supervisor b)Sell them anyway c)Speak to your supervisor to convince him you should sell them anyway d) Run like hell

But I mean, really? I don't have any experience doing this kind of job but everyone has to start somewhere... Is it just luck or how are you supposed to answer this thing correctly? Does it really take a very special kind of individual to stock shelves and empty lorries? Or how does it work! I feel like a right t**t :woo:

Oh well at least they didn't ban me from applying again for 6 months, like they do in M&S. That's just mean

How long did they take to get back to you? I had an interview on Saturday and haven't heard anything yet, they didn't say how long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charmaiinn)
    How long did they take to get back to you? I had an interview on Saturday and haven't heard anything yet, they didn't say how long.
    I didn't have an interview. I applied online, did the test online, yesterday, and they sent me to hell, ONLINE, today :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    You should go on a checkout when the sensors stop working momentarily, the belt continues to roll and pushes everything into your crotch rather painfully.
    That is so annoying :mad: I've got a lovely bruise on my finger now where it got stuck between the metal that holds the hand held scanner and the shopping as the sensor didn't work. Ouch.

ReputationRep:

You might have done alright but someone else did better. In our store we take the top 2 people and they're the ones who get an interview. I think sometimes it just comes down to luck, as normally most of the answers are reasonably logical so...

If theres more jobs, give it another go, you never know.

Not being funny, but with that kind of attitude, I'm glad you didn't get through. We all had to go through the same **** and it's kind of insulting if you think we're at the bottom end of the scale 'just because' we stack shelves or whatever. That's why the interview is how it is, to weed out the people who think its 'just' a supermarket, and is probably why Sainsburys has been the best supermarket over Christmas for at least the last two years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by funkyfish08)

If theres more jobs, give it another go, you never know.
    Yeah there are like 5 other positions, same deal, different hours. But isn't that cheating? I mean, they'll see my name again and will know I already applied once and got rejected... Do they even care?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't have an interview. I applied online, did the test online, yesterday, and they sent me to hell, ONLINE, today :rolleyes:
    Oh right, yeah I passed that test, which led me to get my interview, but I previously failed it when I attempted to apply before.
    You can go back and do it again and just pick the options which you thought were the 2nd best thing to do or something.

You have to do a test at the interview aswell, which I thought was just as hard on some parts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Not being funny, but with that kind of attitude, I'm glad you didn't get through. We all had to go through the same **** and it's kind of insulting if you think we're at the bottom end of the scale 'just because' we stack shelves or whatever. That's why the interview is how it is, to weed out the people who think its 'just' a supermarket, and is probably why Sainsburys has been the best supermarket over Christmas for at least the last two years.
    Yeah, I knew someone would get touchy about how I phrased it. But, FTR, I never said anything about "being at the bottom end of the scale", you did. So don't put words in mouth and then jump down my throat.

I don't happen to think it's an easy job, judging by the online test it actually sounds quite challenging for a beginner with no experience. But on the other hand, I don't think it's impossible for anyone to get the hang of it with a bit of training, at the end of the day that's why they're not asking for previous experience no?

I just think that rejecting you without even seeing you face to face is a bit unpleasant and to wonder what went so wrong with your answers is only natural.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Its actually fairly difficult to get a job in Sainsburys by the sounds of it. I love Lee Evans to bits, but I wanna shout at him when he does his joke about 'nightshift/ stacking the shelves' lol
    I am quite chuffed I ever got the job, I didn't know only 2 of us would have got an interview at the time. Kinda makes you feel guilty for the people that didn't get an interview!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Lol, my sister starting immitating the night shift/stacking the shelves thing on Lee Evans when she heard I got the job!! Meany :tongue: I was a beginner with no experience and still got the job. I was just honest!

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.