Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it is difficult at all to get a job at Sainsburys. In fact a bit of common sense on the online application, and some more during the DVD test (as well as being able to add and subtract) and that's it.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by miml)
    I don't think it is difficult at all to get a job at Sainsburys. In fact a bit of common sense on the online application, and some more during the DVD test (as well as being able to add and subtract) and that's it.
    I have no common sense and consequently found it a bit difficult lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tongolele)
    Ugh, they just rejected me. I applied for a Convenience Customer Service Assistance position but I didn't pass that pompous little test about "What do you do if you think the bananas are going off" a)Speak to your supervisor b)Sell them anyway c)Speak to your supervisor to convince him you should sell them anyway d) Run like hell
    Unlucky
    For what it's worth, IMO that test is just an entirely arbitrary means of reducing the number of job applicants to a sensible number. You wouldn't have been particularly disadvantaged by a lack of experience.

ReputationRep:
    With those tests you just have to think Safety->Customer->Business.

Anyway, This is a Service call 1, can all trained and available cashiers please go to checkouts:p: So glad I'm not till trained(although I actually asked to be:rolleyes: ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    I might be returning to Sainsburys on a casual contract over Christmas.

From what my ex-manager tells me someone messed up a lot of the scheduling (I take it they've had another midd-management shuffle) and they could do with someone to work from the 1st week of Dec till 1st week of Jan. :o:
    Someone needs to clear their private message box:eek3:

(Original post by morris743)
    Someone needs to clear their private message box:eek3:
    Stupid PayPal!

Try again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    I have no common sense and consequently found it a bit difficult lol
    ^
    And I know for a fact I got the first question wrong! I'm also a right clumsy moo. I even ran over a member of staff the other day :facepalm:
    In my defence though, we do keep getting messages on our handsets saying get a move on we are short staffed & still have 40 hours shopping left (this is at midday)
    And I do like working fast & getting it done asap, the day goes quicker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Its actually fairly difficult to get a job in Sainsburys by the sounds of it. I love Lee Evans to bits, but I wanna shout at him when he does his joke about 'nightshift/ stacking the shelves' lol
    I am quite chuffed I ever got the job, I didn't know only 2 of us would have got an interview at the time. Kinda makes you feel guilty for the people that didn't get an interview!
    Thing is though, we all have that one person who should be "in the cage".
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Foulish)
    Agreed :rofl: One of my fellow night shifters has moved to days, I'm really sad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    Well, no company is completely foolproof

ReputationRep:
    Agreed :rofl: One of my fellow night shifters has moved to days, I'm really sad
    I just got a job at Sainsburys, just wondering how easy it is to change hours if possible? In september my timetable for college won't be the same and I might not be able to start as early as I do on the two weekdays which I work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charmaiinn)
    I just got a job at Sainsburys, just wondering how easy it is to change hours if possible? In september my timetable for college won't be the same and I might not be able to start as early as I do on the two weekdays which I work.
    I had the same problem, but I just do a permanent shift-swap with someone. I work his Fridays while he works my Wednesday.

It is pretty easy, just talk to your manager.

My contract has now been changed so I can do the Friday from now on.

As above, but just make sure you give them plenty of notice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    As above, but just make sure you give them plenty of notice.
    I don't get my college timetable until about a week before I have to start lessons in September. Not really sure what to say.

I don't get my college timetable until about a week before I have to start lessons in September. Not really sure what to say.
    Well just say exactly that, but tell them in June or something. That way you and they get plenty of time to organise something, and they can't turn around and say you didn't give them plenty of warning.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, does anyone know any details about the wombourne store?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indie-Rob)
    Hi, does anyone know any details about the wombourne store?
    No, but a quick search found this: http://www.expressandstar.com/2008/0...ys-store-plan/

Also look at the council website that your store is in for planning permission applications

ReputationRep:
    As FXX said, tell them that your college timetable is going to be changing as of September, and that you would like to ask if your times can be changed at short notice as you only get the timetable before the term starts, and that your priorities atm are your education.

My timetable changes slightly every term so I am forever always changing my work scedule.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    massive FML.... forgot my clocking in number! LOL

ReputationRep:
    massive FML.... forgot my clocking in number! LOL
    Me too, after I came back after Christmas. I still don't know whether I got the right one.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.