Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Oh and one of our colleague was sacked because he nicked one of the customers nectar card and used it to buy something for himself ....... They found it out the nextday itself and sacked him on the spot lol what a looser.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    I know it is difficult, but it's best not to even bother replying to them. If anything, it only fuels the flame (so to speak).

I'm not trying to be argumentative or anything, but I don't think comments like; 'Me: "Yeah... right... screw all of us eh..."' are professional. Even though it was tongue-in-cheek.

I know of a colleague that faced disciplinary action because she stood up for herself against a customer, in a similar situation are yourself. Unfortunately, in big corporations, the customer is always right, and you aren't allowed to defend yourself. Defending yourself only places your job at risk.
    Ahh he was just one of those types. I won't worry about him complaining because he'll come back 'cos he knows he has nowhere else to go... lol he was just one of those *bad day, bit drunk* types. Left in a huff pretty swiftly and completely ignored the fact I existed when I said that... it was very *mutter under breath job* comment so no way he'd have heard anyway! So I think I'm safe there.

More likely to get busted for changing a forged £50 note than that I bet! (Self-scan ask us to do this for them, should they?)

In fact... £50 notes scare me.

(Original post by ramnaresh_2000)
    Oh and one of our colleague was sacked because he nicked one of the customers nectar card and used it to buy something for himself ....... They found it out the nextday itself and sacked him on the spot lol what a looser.
    LOL!

Not employee related, but we had a customer the other day who attempted a pushover/out with a ~32" TV. I was in getting a letter signed, and before I knew it I was stuck in-between security and this customer with a large TV.

I mean, do people seriously think they can get away with it? :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    WTF :eek3: He must be crazy........I had seen some junkies trying to steal body sprays and sandwiches but never seen someone trying to steal a TV lol

(Original post by Lukely)
    Ahh he was just one of those types. I won't worry about him complaining because he'll come back 'cos he knows he has nowhere else to go... lol he was just one of those *bad day, bit drunk* types. Left in a huff pretty swiftly and completely ignored the fact I existed when I said that... it was very *mutter under breath job* comment so no way he'd have heard anyway! So I think I'm safe there.

More likely to get busted for changing a forged £50 note than that I bet! (Self-scan ask us to do this for them, should they?)

I :love: drunk customers. It must be my mannerisms or something, but when I used to be on shop floor, I used to always have customers coming to me to complain about someone on a checkout. It's even worse when they put on the calm approach, thinking I can over-rule a decision.

I have lost count the amount of customers that I've had come over to me, giving me a pat on the back and doing the whole 'friendly-punch' thing, asking me about why a colleague wouldn't serve then xyz.

Btw, Company Policy states that you shouldn't be authorising note changes. If a customer wishes or requires for a note to be broken, it must be authorised by a supervisor and/or done via the Customer Service Desk, or the stores assigned change till.

ReputationRep:
    LOL!

Not employee related, but we had a customer the other day who attempted a pushover/out with a ~32" TV. I was in getting a letter signed, and before I knew it I was stuck in-between security and this customer with a large TV.

I mean, do people seriously think they can get away with it? :eek3:
    WTF He must be crazy........I had seen some junkies trying to steal body sprays and sandwiches but never seen someone trying to steal a TV lol
    Haha! Someone trying to walk out with 32" of pure plastic and semi-conductors! Surley that person is either thick or one of the junkes that Ramanaresh talked about

ReputationRep:

Hmm...If people want to change notes, why not advise them to buy something cheap? It's what I usually do if I need to change a high denomination note.

EDIT: Woohoo 300 posts! Yeah baby, yeah!!

WTF :eek3: He must be crazy........I had seen some junkies trying to steal body sprays and sandwiches but never seen someone trying to steal a TV lol
    I'll be totally honest. I was on the verge of collapsing at the sight of this stupid individual attempting to even consider it. :confused:

It's even worse when they don't have a care in the world. He casually attempted to drag it out, and then casually walked back when the security guard called him.. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    lol This reminds me of day when I used to work in shell........there used to be a junkie guy and he used to steal our sandwitches .......Once a taxi driver seen him and tried to catch him .......he was chasing him........the guy ran away and the taxi driver came back to me and said.........hey u........why dont u call the police and why are u not doing anything like chasing the guy? And I was like yeah sure call police and tell what? I dont even have his photo......and I dont have access to security cams........and If I run after him who will take care of my till U?????? lol

ReputationRep:
    And me

This will sound stupid, but you know the money tester pens and when you mark the money, on the money it'll change colour then go back to normal if its real yeah?

ReputationRep:
    We've lost TV's on numerous occasions... idk how, but it happens every time we get them in!

(Original post by Longorefisher)
    Hmm...If people want to change notes, why not advise them to buy something cheap? It's what I usually do if I need to change a high denomination note.

EDIT: Woohoo 300 posts! Yeah baby, yeah!!
    Self Checkouts don't take £50 notes, so that's why they need to be changed.

ReputationRep:
    mmmm frijj milkshake back down to 52p

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShortyGetLow)
    And me

This will sound stupid, but you know the money tester pens and when you mark the money, on the money it'll change colour then go back to normal if its real yeah?
    If a stain is left then the note is a forgery (if you happen to have one at home - try it on normal paper. You'll see it will go brown!

ReputationRep:
    Two guys bought a disposable camera at my till on Saturday. And then took pictures of/with me.
    WTF? Oddest experience ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennifer.re)
    Two guys bought a disposable camera at my till on Saturday. And then took pictures of/with me.
    lulz

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Congratulations on making it to the interview stage.

As a Customer (Service) Assistant, you'll be working mainly on the checkouts and/or Customer Services Desk.

In most cases, the hours detailed on the vacancy are the hours you'll be working. Most stores are rather tight with their budget at the moment, and therefore are only hiring where they need staff. If this is the case, then the possibility of changes hours are minimal. However, it's not unheard of to be given a job offer with the hours being totally different to what you originally applied for.

Good Luck.
    Thanks for the reply, just got an early call from my interviewer to move my interview tomorrow instead. I actually prefer tomorrow to get it out away asap. I want to get this job so badly!!!

ReputationRep:
    Haha ha - sorry jennifer.re but yeah that actually made me LOL! Were they European, drunk or just stupid?!

RE: £50 notes... sometimes I use the tester pens to scribble on a bit of till roll when I'm bored just for funsies. As for superviser authorizing?! Well tbh, nobody has a clue what's going on atm - managers are nowhere to be found, and that particular one the £50 note was checked over by the superviser from self-scan, tested with a money tester, then he asked another superviser what to do with it and they told him to give it to me to break it?!

Crazy.

And... RE: attempted stealing of TVs!! One Friday night last year a guy came in and tried to walk off with a similar sized TV (in the box and all) when we tried to stop him, he said he had a knife... well yeah right mate 'cos of course you've got both hands full with a TV, can't see where you're going... so how the hell you gonna stab someone anyway?! He dropped the TV and ran when the security guards came over anyway lol! PWNT. :rolleyes:

LOL!

How bizzare?!

Perhaps it's a new tourist thing? I see Sainsbury's may be on to a winner! :yes:

Who wouldn't want a photo of a Sainsbury's colleague!? :woo:

Haha ha - sorry jennifer.re but yeah that actually made me LOL! Were they European, drunk or just stupid?!

RE: £50 notes... sometimes I use the tester pens to scribble on a bit of till roll when I'm bored just for funsies. As for superviser authorizing?! Well tbh, nobody has a clue what's going on atm - managers are nowhere to be found, and that particular one the £50 note was checked over by the superviser from self-scan, tested with a money tester, then he asked another superviser what to do with it and they told him to give it to me to break it?!
    It reminds me of the first store I worked at. It was an absolute dive. Everyone used to look at each other and shrug their shoulders; 'I dunno..' I used to hate it! :mad:

Till Roll Ftw! Before Christmas, we were about to close and we had like 20 mins on the clock. So we got some till roll and ran around the store in-and-out of the aisles, we got like half of the store done before someone ripped the chain..

Crazy.

And... RE: attempted stealing of TVs!! One Friday night last year a guy came in and tried to walk off with a similar sized TV (in the box and all) when we tried to stop him, he said he had a knife... well yeah right mate 'cos of course you've got both hands full with a TV, can't see where you're going... so how the hell you gonna stab someone anyway?! He dropped the TV and ran when the security guards came over anyway lol! PWNT. :rolleyes:
    Lolwut? Instead of simply handing the TV over.. he got himself into a bigger hole.. nub!

But yeah, this guy kept it boxed and everything. I mean the TV is only like ~32" but with the packaging etc, it must have been ~40".

I don't even know how people can even consider taking it... I swear, these people have some guts!

ReputationRep:
    LOL!

How bizzare?!

Perhaps it's a new tourist thing? I see Sainsbury's may be on to a winner! :yes:

Who wouldn't want a photo of a Sainsbury's colleague!? :woo:
    Haha! So is my training tomorrow not going to be till operation and how to serve customers well but instead:

Playing up to the Americans
    Saying "I love Britain, God Save the Queen (and the like)
    Learning how to pout and smile effectivley

Hmmm....I might just quit now!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.