Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    We got paid!

I'm hoping it was for 27th Dec to 23rd Saturday:confused: - Which would be 28 days.

ReputationRep:
    We always get paid for 28 days, we get paid every 4 weeks, which is 28 days, not every month.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Absurd)
    Me too, after I came back after Christmas. I still don't know whether I got the right one.
    haha I had mine written down so found it out when I got home! still, everyone's like 'how could you FORGET?'

Woohoo payday.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i think i got paid a whole £2 extra for working new years day. what a ******* rip... people working elsewhere got double/triple time! lol

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, I was short timed 15 minutes!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    why? :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeh, I has money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    why? :tongue:
    Must be cos I always leave a couple minutes early (although it accounts for me coming in a couple minutes early).

Still lol at the fact that Sainsburys cares about £1.50. They could have asked and I would have given it to them! :p:

ReputationRep:
    My hours are so messed up, as I've worked so much overtime last couple weeks.
    Actually got charged £138.83 in tax too , although I should get that back in April

ReputationRep:
    should i leave a note in the drop off box at the h&r room saying i want to be transferred departments as my manager is never in when i start my shift - and i haven't seen him for over a month

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sdubz)
    should i leave a note in the drop off box at the h&r room saying i want to be transferred departments as my manager is never in when i start my shift - and i haven't seen him for over a month
    You should talk to the team leader and s/he will pass the message/note on.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,a bit out of topic but was wondering if anybody had any idea what happens at an interview for a Night Manager position at Sainsburys.Much to my surprise(I was just trying my luck!),I've an interview in about 2 weeks and it'd be nice to get some pointers.I've never worked in retail so I'm just doing as much research as possible.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YoungLadyinBrum)
    Hi Guys,a bit out of topic but was wondering if anybody had any idea what happens at an interview for a Night Manager position at Sainsburys.Much to my surprise(I was just trying my luck!),I've an interview in about 2 weeks and it'd be nice to get some pointers.I've never worked in retail so I'm just doing as much research as possible.Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    This is a managerial position? ANd you've never had experience in retail before?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    Must be cos I always leave a couple minutes early (although it accounts for me coming in a couple minutes early).

Still lol at the fact that Sainsburys cares about £1.50. They could have asked and I would have given it to them! :p:
    Doesn't matter if you clock in at 8.50am, that doesn't mean you can clock out at **.50pm. They will probably stop you 15 minutes everytime you do that. Thats why I clock in at 8.59am & clock out at 1pm 1.01pm latest.

ReputationRep:
    i have a DVD interview for general assistant on tuesday, can someone please talk me through the steps and what to expect so i get the job as i reall need the money, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cankicker)
    i have a DVD interview for general assistant on tuesday, can someone please talk me through the steps and what to expect so i get the job as i reall need the money, thanks
    Well I did mine a week or so ago. I had an interview with the store manager one of the supervisors/team leader or whatever of the dept. That took about 20 minutes.

Then the DVD test is about 40 minutes. It involves answering questions as to what is best to do in the given situation on screen. Then one asking basic maths questions (very basic) and finally a questionnaire with strongly agree to strongly disagree as options.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I clock in anywhere from 8.35 to 8.50pm and clock out at 7am and I never get shorttimed or anything!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    I clock in anywhere from 8.35 to 8.50pm and clock out at 7am and I never get shorttimed or anything!
    What time are you suppose to start then?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a right quandry here. Ive still got 2 days holiday to use before march, I cant get anyone to tell me if I have had those 2 days allocated (because I hadn't booked them) so ive given my manager my holiday form & said just put me down for a couple of days whenever is best for them.
    I just know its going to be forgotten about, & i'll lose it. Ive asked for another holiday form up in HR, which should be done friday, to see if its been allocated to me. What else can I do? Cant keep nagging the manager, they're not the sort of manager you can do that with!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.