Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    To do with clocking in + short time...

Why does it matter to sainsburys if you clock in early for your shift? Why would you get short time for that?

(Original post by Finbar21)

Why does it matter to sainsburys if you clock in early for your shift? Why would you get short time for that?
    Because it's outside your contract hours, it saves them money and they're allowed to do it.

ReputationRep:
    also do you guys know any codes on tills for fruit and stuff?

E.g bananas 4011 etc. saves time by not going on the PLU group :p:

ReputationRep:

They wont short time you for clocking in early. They short time you for clocking out early. (regardless of the time you clocked in)
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    What time are you suppose to start then?
    9 :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Meh, I'm not that bothered really about being short. My manager hasn't said anything and everyones happy with how I'm getting along so it's fine. I'll try and wait till 10 in the future.

On the other hand, does anyone have any idea what reason I could put in my notice as a reason for leaving. Truth is I want April/May/June to myself to a)revise for my exam and b) to do a course in Spanish, photgraphy and cooking. Just want the time to myself really, that's all. Also travelling through all of July and August. Leaving September before uni (if I really want to work then I'm sure I can find something later). It seems a bit unnecessary to put all this in my notice letter so what should I write? I haven't told anyone that I'm leaving end of March so don't want it to seem like I planned it.

There are only 9 shifts to complete before I have to give my notice! and
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by miml)
    Meh, I'm not that bothered really about being short. My manager hasn't said anything and everyones happy with how I'm getting along so it's fine. I'll try and wait till 10 in the future.

On the other hand, does anyone have any idea what reason I could put in my notice as a reason for leaving. Truth is I want April/May/June to myself to a)revise for my exam and b) to do a course in Spanish, photgraphy and cooking. Just want the time to myself really, that's all. Also travelling through all of July and August. Leaving September before uni (if I really want to work then I'm sure I can find something later). It seems a bit unnecessary to put all this in my notice letter so what should I write? I haven't told anyone that I'm leaving end of March so don't want it to seem like I planned it.

There are only 9 shifts to complete before I have to give my notice! and
    No longer have the time commit yourself to the job?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    9 :tongue:
    lol so in theory you're working up to 25 minutes for nothing. Sod that.

ReputationRep:
    also do you guys know any codes on tills for fruit and stuff?

E.g bananas 4011 etc. saves time by not going on the PLU group :p:
    Are bananas 4011? The only one I know is kiwis 4030 but that might be because there's a sticker on them. I think there is, how useless of me. Anyway, I want to know this! Courgettes, onions (both red and normal), leeks, parsnips, peppers, all that stuff would be useful. Potatoes! How does one find these out anyway? If only they had a nice little thing with all of them on it.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    lol so in theory you're working up to 25 minutes for nothing. Sod that.
    Not really, I sit on my arse in the canteen til 9

ReputationRep:
    Had my interview yesterday, lady said I 'may' hear within 2 hours (this was at 4pm!?) by text/email but I didn't and I'm still waiting to hear the result now....

How long does it usually take? I'm desperate to know!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absurd)
    Are bananas 4011? The only one I know is kiwis 4030 but that might be because there's a sticker on them. I think there is, how useless of me. Anyway, I want to know this! Courgettes, onions (both red and normal), leeks, parsnips, peppers, all that stuff would be useful. Potatoes! How does one find these out anyway? If only they had a nice little thing with all of them on it.
    Red peppers - 1601
    Yellow peppers - 789
    Green peppers - 1908
    Orange peppers - 1816

Braeburn apples - 4101
    Basics apples - 4147
    Pink Lady apples - 4128

Bananas - 4011
    Lemons - 994
    Limes - 7665
    Oranges - 3107
    Conference pears - 3017
    Kiwi - 4030
    Plums - 8020

Butternut squash - 6156
    Butternut squash (the Basics one, I think?) - 5678

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

ReputationRep:
    is anyone trained on the self service tills at your store? because my stupid manager has managed to bribe me into doing it lol. we have the new self service scanners now and they are low on people coming forward lol

i got bribed into it because she said "you are a runner and a customer service desk assistant, plus you work late nights and ill need you to be trained on them, but you may also hbave to do it on sundays"

urgh lol. there is no chair so id be standing up all the god damn time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angeo)
    is anyone trained on the self service tills at your store? because my stupid manager has managed to bribe me into doing it lol. we have the new self service scanners now and they are low on people coming forward lol

i got bribed into it because she said "you are a runner and a customer service desk assistant, plus you work late nights and ill need you to be trained on them, but you may also hbave to do it on sundays"

urgh lol. there is no chair so id be standing up all the god damn time
    At my store, people seem to only watch over the self-scans for about an hour at a time, so hopefully you won't have to stand for too long. I haven't been trained on them myself but I've heard there's not much to it, and no real formal training, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teh_samby)
    At my store, people seem to only watch over the self-scans for about an hour at a time, so hopefully you won't have to stand for too long. I haven't been trained on them myself but I've heard there's not much to it, and no real formal training, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    oh because im going in later from half 5 till half 8 for the training, along with the other supervisors and runners.

im glad its not standing for too long because i wouldnt cope lol as a runner im fine because your walking aboiut all the time but standing up for hours in the same place would kill me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absurd)

Red peppers are 1601 i believe

ReputationRep:
    Some random questions as i'm starting in a couple of weeks -

How long does it take to get your uniform?
    What clothes should be worn to my induction?
    Once I start, do you wear uniform to work or get changed there?
    How long before my starting time should I aim to arrive at work when I start?

You get it on your induction.
    Anything, but most people go in smart casual.
    Either, most people wear it on the way though.
    Anything up to 1 minute before you're due to clock in. It really doesn't matter unless you're a team leader or above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    Not really, I sit on my arse in the canteen til 9
    Ah well thats fair enough :yep: I never go up there myself, unless its to request a badge, uniform or holiday form.

ReputationRep:
    Red peppers are 1601 i believe
    And green peppers 1908 :yep:

2639 croissants, and I think 9085 (or something like that) is pain au chocolate.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.