Only 6 weeks to go. Well 6 weeks + 1 shift. :yay:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    wish i could quit =( lol. so depressing atm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    4101 is Braeburn apples
    4113 lets you put in any price - it comes up on the till as Misc item or something (Useful on self-service )
    Do supervisors mind if you use 4113 by yourself? I mean, it would save customers for waiting for them to come and put it in, if I can remember that number when it comes to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    What do you mean you don't get extra pay for bank holidays?
    Ive only been there just over a year. They stopped giving people extra pay for bank holidays before I started there. Its just a regular days pay

(Original post by Foulish)
    4113 lets you put in any price - it comes up on the till as Misc item or something (Useful on self-service )
    Does that really work??! Our store has just been fitted with self service tills as part of the refit. Can I use it on there? When do I use it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teh_samby)
    Do supervisors mind if you use 4113 by yourself? I mean, it would save customers for waiting for them to come and put it in, if I can remember that number when it comes to it.
    If it is an obvious problem. the books tend to not come up properly, so if the books are buy 2 for £5 - With stickers on it, I would see no problem with it. If it has no obvious price on it call the supervisor over to do a price check.

I found it useful when we used to have the old scanners and the yellow reductions label never used to scan - and the original barcode was covered by the label (So you wasn't able to "reduce price" it.

Check with your manager though. My manager dosen't mind - but i'm sure some other stores will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Does that really work??! Our store has just been fitted with self service tills as part of the refit. Can I use it on there? When do I use it?
    Key in code, then type in 4113. The default price is something like 66p, but it will ask you to confirm the price. Just press no and put the manual price in.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Ive only been there just over a year. They stopped giving people extra pay for bank holidays before I started there. Its just a regular days pay
    Oh ... that's really ****. It kind of annoys me =( People I know who work elsewhere get time and a half/double time for Sundays, bank holidays, Xmas eve, boxing day etc ... I don't! lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    Oh ... that's really ****. It kind of annoys me =( People I know who work elsewhere get time and a half/double time for Sundays, bank holidays, Xmas eve, boxing day etc ... I don't! lol.
    This is the hideously unfair old/new contract divide. Why should a co-worker get paid time and a half for working the same hours as me just because they might have joined a month earlier? Total bs.

ReputationRep:
    how else do you think sainsburys beats previous years sales. either that or it's their silly pricing, their basic tinned corned beef costs more than the sainsburys one, both same weight at 340g.

ReputationRep:
    After a long break from TSR, i'm backk!!
    And my oh my this thread has got big since I last visited!
    Hope all is well guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wannabe)
    After a long break from TSR, i'm backk!!
    And my oh my this thread has got big since I last visited!
    Hope all is well guys!
    Thank god your back I had to fight them all back with a stick

ReputationRep:
    It's so nice having a week off
    Back to it next week though Working everyday, and college mon-fri.... Its gunna be a busy week!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I have a week off next week, WOO!! Can't wait. I also think the contract thing is a bit unfair but hey ho, the pay is better than some places :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I have half term week off, week after next. Looking forward to that!

ReputationRep:
    Do you get holiday pay at sainsburys? I had to book a day off for the end of the month. Do I get payed for that or not? I assumed not..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charmaiinn)
    Do you get holiday pay at sainsburys? I had to book a day off for the end of the month. Do I get payed for that or not? I assumed not..
    Yes, we do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charmaiinn)
    Depends how long you have been there & if you have any holiday left?

ReputationRep:
    My induction is tomorrow. 8 hours I think.

Is it just going to be health and safety videos?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by PJ991)
    My induction is tomorrow. 8 hours I think.

Is it just going to be health and safety videos?
    No. You'll learn about the company and what's expected of you, get your uniform and they'll probably shove you out on the shop floor for a taster. so it'll be boring.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.