Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Sainsburys thread MK ll watch

Announcements

No. Unless the induction has changed a lot, you'll be learning about the history of the company, its values, what the standards are for stuff like MAC and MCM scores, etc etc. You'll also be doing some group activities.

ReputationRep:
    I hate group activities.

Well you have to get used to talking and working with people you don't know.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, any ideas what Sainsbury's pay an hour for an 18 year old in the Birmingham area? Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Well you have to get used to talking and working with people you don't know.
    I know that. I have no problem with that. I've done it before.

I just don't like being forced to do it while being scrutinised all the time in awkward situations.

ReputationRep:
    the use it and lose it policy... i have some holidays for the remainder of the year but apparently there is no budget?

So they wont let me use it, does it mean i lose it?

ReputationRep:
    /\ well you aren't being scrutinised, its not an interview, you have got the job after all!
    and it really isn't that bad, you get to know some people before you start which is always good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DDS)
    the use it and lose it policy... i have some holidays for the remainder of the year but apparently there is no budget?

Your entitled to your holiday so if they say no - and they say you will now lose the holiday - and their not prepared to carry it over to the following year - speak to your union rep.

Chances are they'll let you carry it over to the following year if they can't accomodate you.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Betty P)
    Hey, any ideas what Sainsbury's pay an hour for an 18 year old in the Birmingham area? Thanks x
    I'm in the East Mids area and I get £6.07 starting pay. :dontknow:

(Original post by PJ991)

I just don't like being forced to do it while being scrutinised all the time in awkward situations.
    Grow up. You aren't being scrutinised. Everyone else has managed it with no problems. You have the job, they won't fail you for anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)

I hate that kind of thing too, but getting put out of your comfort zone is good, especially when you may get put out of your comfort zone quite a lot at work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DDS)

I used to get really annoyed with there no budget excuse all the time with holidays. For some reason they do it week by week, which is just silly. They know how much holiday they have to give staff over the year and should know how much it will cost the over the year so why not average it out over the year instead of weekly.

I understand that you couldn't take holiday if there were already too many people off and there would be no cover. A lot of the time though your whole department could be in and they still wouldn't give you time off because they were over budget. I was always questioning them about it but they would never give me an good answer as to why it was done weekly rather than averaged out over the year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherrycola32)
    /\ well you aren't being scrutinised, its not an interview, you have got the job after all!
    and it really isn't that bad, you get to know some people before you start which is always good!
    It is good really you're right. It needs to be done. I didn't find it all that easy, its not that i'm unsociable, i'm just mega shy in those sort of settings. I can do my job well (I think anyway) its just that kind of situ I struggle with. And there was 16/17 people at my inductions, talking in front of them reeeeeally took me out my comfort zone! :yep: lol

ReputationRep:
    I did it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard about the change in the refund policy?

Apparently no receipt = no return - so no moreputting funds onto a gift card!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    Anyone heard about the change in the refund policy?

Apparently no receipt = no return - so no moreputting funds onto a gift card!
    I've been told it was changing, but haven't seen or heard anything about the changes yet.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me whats the difference between a Customer Service Manager and a Customer Trading and Support Manager is? Its just they seem to be different titles but same job description and the CTS Manager seems to still get paid the same as a CS Manager

Thanks
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    night shifters... why do they fart so much? or is it just the people i work with? :rofl:

I have no idea about the titles but 'CTS' is an old name now so maybe they're on old contracts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    night shifters... why do they fart so much? or is it just the people i work with? :rofl:
    They're just doing it in your isle to keep their's fresh and pleasant to work in for the next few hours!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.