Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by estel)
    I'd presume that the interviewer could add notes about whether they thought the candidate were particularly (un)suitable.
    I guess so :yep:

Man I want a new job Don't get me wrong the people are lovely but I'm bored now. :tongue: Also my sleep is officially ******.

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually quite bored with Sainsburys now. Dont get me wrong, its flexible in my dept, & the hours really suit me, so I will stay. But sometimes now I miss last year, my first year, because it wasn't old if that makes sense. The time went quick there. It was a good year 2009 )

That's retail for you... I don't mind it though, there are a lot worse jobs out there, and it's only while I'm at uni.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I've decided to do Open Uni instead now so the hours are kind of ok for me since they're pretty weekend-ish... plus I can still earn lots of monies. So it'll be ok. But the sleeping patterns are seriously terrible. But as far as jobs go it is pretty much 'easy money'... yes it's hard going but I can think of jobs out there that require more work and are paid less...

ReputationRep:
    Meh I'm no not going to say I'm not looking forward to my last shift.

Should I tell my manager that I'm thinking of leaving first or just quietly leave the notice letter on his desk? It is 4 weeks right? (been working for 10, 11 by the time I have to give in my notice.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    Meh I'm no not going to say I'm not looking forward to my last shift.

Should I tell my manager that I'm thinking of leaving first or just quietly leave the notice letter on his desk? It is 4 weeks right? (been working for 10, 11 by the time I have to give in my notice.)
    Do you even have to give 4 weeks notice if you have only been there less than your 3 month probabtion period? Someone else might be able to advise on that :yep:

ReputationRep:
    For the induction days, do you get paid your normal pay per hour? Or do they give you a set amount for the induction days?

(Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Do you even have to give 4 weeks notice if you have only been there less than your 3 month probabtion period? Someone else might be able to advise on that :yep:
    Well it gives the exact details on your contract, but I'm sure you can just walk out at any time without notice in the first 12 weeks...

For the induction days, do you get paid your normal pay per hour? Or do they give you a set amount for the induction days?
    You get the normal starting wage for your age/area.

ReputationRep:
    Can they do anything if you just walk out after the 12 weeks?

They could chase you for not fulfilling your contractual obligations but more than likely they won't bother and just won't give you a good reference.

ReputationRep:
    my contract says if you've worked 4 weeks or more you need to give 4 weeks notice. Before this, you can leave whenever.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    In the first three months you don't have to give any notice (according to my contract) but personally I'd tell them you want to leave first. Similarly when you have your 12 week review you can just say you don't want to stay on.

ReputationRep:
    My contract is 4 weeks notice after 4 weeks continous service. I think I will work the full 4 week notice (although references -especially from big corporations for low level employees - are neutral, to prevent lawsuits. Can't imagine it would say more than, "worked x hours, y days sick, late z times)

Should I tell my manager before, or drop a hint or just give him a letter. I ask because it's my first time quitting a job (first job actually).

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    not sure if anyone can answer this because i've already had a read through some of the thread and you cant answer questions on interview etc.

i recieved my email from sainsburys HR today saying
    'we are pleased to say that you have passed the interview selection stage. Your skills are a good match for sainsburys. However we are not able to progress your application any further for the moment as we do have other candidates whose skills are an even closer match for this particular role, we hope to find you a suitable opportunity in the future and will be in touch if a suitable position becomes available'

has anyone been contacted after having their interview and recieving this and then successfully getting a job after?
    Will i have to continue to look for vacancies online and apply online all over again?
    Is this a way of Sainsburys saying that im not good enough for a job and we'll never contact you again?

any help would be appreciated

It's a nice way of saying "you've failed, better luck next time".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by henegwarn)
    Hey,
    not sure if anyone can answer this because i've already had a read through some of the thread and you cant answer questions on interview etc.

i recieved my email from sainsburys HR today saying
    'we are pleased to say that you have passed the interview selection stage. Your skills are a good match for sainsburys. However we are not able to progress your application any further for the moment as we do have other candidates whose skills are an even closer match for this particular role, we hope to find you a suitable opportunity in the future and will be in touch if a suitable position becomes available'

has anyone been contacted after having their interview and recieving this and then successfully getting a job after?
    Will i have to continue to look for vacancies online and apply online all over again?
    Is this a way of Sainsburys saying that im not good enough for a job and we'll never contact you again?

any help would be appreciated
    Nothing like getting your hopes up and then shooting it down. Gosh. They should just say it straight!

But yeh, I got a similar email, then signed up with another email address and got the job *nods*
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i need a nice warm hat for work.

ReputationRep:
    I need a nice warm(er)/new job for work...

I can't believe we still have two weeks before the next payday

ReputationRep:
    What do sainsburys say about nails? I guess acrylic nails are out of the question?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.