Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Longorefisher)
    Haha! So is my training tomorrow not going to be till operation and how to serve customers well but instead:

Playing up to the Americans
    Saying "I love Britain, God Save the Queen (and the like)
    Learning how to pout and smile effectivley

Hmmm....I might just quit now!
    LOL! Don't forget the WOW factor; 'Thankz for shopping at Sainsbury'z innit! Dunt get para yeh!' :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    LOL! Don't forget the WOW factor; 'Thankz for shopping at Sainsbury'z innit! Dunt get para yeh!' :yes:
    Haha :p: .

Lol Just found this on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFvbT...=rec-HM-rev-rn

Will that be what my training is going to mostly consist of? Poorly made videos (I do realise this is a joke granted) ?

Haha :p: .

Lol Just found this on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFvbT...=rec-HM-rev-rn

Will that be what my training is going to mostly consist of? Poorly made videos (I do realise this is a joke granted) ?
    In the training/induction, you'll be watching a generic training video. It has a similar format (style/presenter) like the one at the interview.

It's nothing like the YouTube video, in that the YouTube one is hilarious. The one you'll watch for training is a bore! It's all corporate rubbish! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    In the training/induction, you'll be watching a generic training video. It has a similar format (style/presenter) like the one at the interview.

It's nothing like the YouTube video, in that the YouTube one is hilarious. The one you'll watch for training is a bore! It's all corporate rubbish! :mad:
    Great! So what will I actually do over two days - just watch videos constantly!?!?!?

ReputationRep:
    Great! So what will I actually do over two days - just watch videos constantly!?!?!?
    You do want a job don't you? :P Then you have to go through the training, just like we all have, as boring as it sounds

ReputationRep:
    When you got trained, does anyone remember the security video with Tanya from Eastenders? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShortyGetLow)
    And me

This will sound stupid, but you know the money tester pens and when you mark the money, on the money it'll change colour then go back to normal if its real yeah?
    The best way to see if a £50 note is real is to get a piece of non-glossy a4 paper and rub the red part of the £50 note onto the paper. If the red ink transfers to the A4 piece of paper, the note is real.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Oh-No!]We've lost TV's on numerous occasions... idk how, but it happens every time we get them in!

We had a few tv's go walkabout around xmas time. Turned out to be a member of staff lol I think our store kinda knew it was, they just needed to catch them, yes them, husband & wife it was, in the act. I dont think apart from losing their jobs that a lot happened to them in the end, a small fine from what I heard :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    The best way to see if a £50 note is real is to get a piece of non-glossy a4 paper and rub the red part of the £50 note onto the paper. If the red ink transfers to the A4 piece of paper, the note is real.
    That's a good tip, thanks.
    I Think I'll try that

ReputationRep:
    I was just thinking, i'm amazed anyone gets away with tv's really. I bought one back in may bank holiday, & one of our assistants helped me out to the car with it on a trolley, & got me to hand the receipt to the security guard on the way out. The assistant knows I work there & was at the customer services when I paid, so I assumed this having to hand the receipt over as proof of purchase was standard procedure?

ReputationRep:
    If you want a tip, when your trainer starts reading the colleague handbook, ignore them because it will all be repeated in the video :P

(Original post by ShortyGetLow)
    That's a good tip, thanks.
    I Think I'll try that
    It dosen't work with till roll through 8-)

[QUOTE=Spazzycazzy]
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    We've lost TV's on numerous occasions... idk how, but it happens every time we get them in!

We had a few tv's go walkabout around xmas time. Turned out to be a member of staff lol I think our store kinda knew it was, they just needed to catch them, yes them, husband & wife it was, in the act. I dont think apart from losing their jobs that a lot happened to them in the end, a small fine from what I heard :rolleyes:
    We always have someone trying to walk out with trolleys full of shopping. When I have to total it up it often totals up in excess of £150. Seriously, if your going to steal something, at least put it into bags. Otherwise your telling all the security guards you havent even been to a till xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    It dosen't work with till roll through 8-)
    Lol, yeah I guessed :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview with Sainsbury on Monday for a part-time customer assistant position. When booking they said something about some DVD - and some questions etc? What was that about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ma2k5)
    I have an interview with Sainsbury on Monday for a part-time customer assistant position. When booking they said something about some DVD - and some questions etc? What was that about
    Theres a dvd you watch, and in the dvd theres questions, which you write the answer too in a booklet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    I was just thinking, i'm amazed anyone gets away with tv's really. I bought one back in may bank holiday, & one of our assistants helped me out to the car with it on a trolley, & got me to hand the receipt to the security guard on the way out. The assistant knows I work there & was at the customer services when I paid, so I assumed this having to hand the receipt over as proof of purchase was standard procedure?
    Do we not have big stickers? I bought a radio or something from Asda, and they stuck a load of Asda tape on the box saying it was purchased.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    Do we not have big stickers? I bought a radio or something from Asda, and they stuck a load of Asda tape on the box saying it was purchased.
    Yep we have orange Sold tape that we put on stuff.

ReputationRep:
    im going to uni in september in leicester, currently work at sainsburys in nottingham as a checkout supervisor! but i was wondering if rather than getting a dual store contract (as my friends who attempted this last year have all said you dont have time for work in your first year at uni, and the nearest store to my accomodation is a 20minute walk with no bus ride possible) i can just work at my current store during holidays?

ive spoken to one of my team leaders about this, but all they seem to say is ask my department manager but shes on holiday for a week and i dont want to leave it to late!

anyone got any experience or any advice for me? cheers x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blakewozere)
    im going to uni in september in leicester, currently work at sainsburys in nottingham as a checkout supervisor! but i was wondering if rather than getting a dual store contract (as my friends who attempted this last year have all said you dont have time for work in your first year at uni, and the nearest store to my accomodation is a 20minute walk with no bus ride possible) i can just work at my current store during holidays?

ive spoken to one of my team leaders about this, but all they seem to say is ask my department manager but shes on holiday for a week and i dont want to leave it to late!

anyone got any experience or any advice for me? cheers x
    We've had people come back to work just in the holidays. We have a list that you put your name down if you're leaving for uni in September, and there's a box you can tick if you're interested in coming back in the holidays. Normally before the holidays they phone up and are given some overtime slots which they'll do for however many weeks they're back home for. And as holidays are normally at peak times, ie Christmas and Easter , there's normally a fair amount of overtime going then.

Also as Leicester and Nottingham are fairly close, you could consider staying on on your current store and going back home at weekends to work.

ReputationRep:
    Just got a text from sainsbury's inviting me down for an interview

So nervous about it as well

ReputationRep:
    how long does the interview process normally take?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.