Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Sainsburys thread MK ll watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolly pop)
    i think ive only posted once or twice on this thread but wanted to ask some advice lol!
    i got my job in sainsburys back in august but had also applied for another job for electronics company best buy at around the same time.
    well i ended up getting both jobs!
    it means now im working
    monday 9am-pmbest buy

tuesday 6pm-9pm best buy

wednesday 1pm-9pm sainsburys

thursday 9am-6pm best buy

friday 9am-6pm best buy

saturday 9am-2.45pm best buy
    saturday 6pm-10pm sainsburys

on top of those hours i also have my daughter who is nearly 2 to look after
    so i was wondering if any of you were in the same position as me then what would you do? would you carry on working all of those hours or hand in notice at one and only work at 1?

on my 9-6 i normanly have to be out of the hours by 7.40am, 6-9 i have to leave around 4.30, i am the not getting home til late so in a way i feel bad for my daughter as shes not getting to see alot of mummy or daddy (her dad is a bus driver so has odd hours aswell)
    I'm not very good at giving advise so you'd probably want to do the opposite of what I am about to say.

If your financial situation means you HAVE to work - then your going to have to "sacrifice" (Can't think of a better word sorry ) a few hours with your daughter. I presume you'll be setting a good example to your child by working in the obvious ways (I presume because I don't have kids).

If you don't need to work for those hours, you should leave one of the jobs - but choose the organisation that will allow you to easily increase your hours should you require to on a temp or perm basis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    I'm not very good at giving advise so you'd probably want to do the opposite of what I am about to say.

If your financial situation means you HAVE to work - then your going to have to "sacrifice" (Can't think of a better word sorry ) a few hours with your daughter. I presume you'll be setting a good example to your child by working in the obvious ways (I presume because I don't have kids).

If you don't need to work for those hours, you should leave one of the jobs - but choose the organisation that will allow you to easily increase your hours should you require to on a temp or perm basis.

i am doing it for the financial side, but im 12 hours a week at sainsburys and 32 at best buy (more during training though) but could easily increase when we open to public by offering to do overtime on other departments

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolly pop)
    i am doing it for the financial side, but im 12 hours a week at sainsburys and 32 at best buy (more during training though) but could easily increase when we open to public by offering to do overtime on other departments
    is it not financially better to only work one, but full time? So you'll get more time than current with your daughter. Also, don't you pay a basic 20% tax on a 2nd job? so you might not be massively worse off if you went full time, at either job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)
    is it not financially better to only work one, but full time? So you'll get more time than current with your daughter. Also, don't you pay a basic 20% tax on a 2nd job? so you might not be massively worse off if you went full time, at either job.
    yeh 20% off 2nd job which they are classing sainsburys as its less hours (spoke to tax credits about it).
    i might wait and see if i pass best buy probation period then think about handing in my notice to sainsburys

It's nice when you find out you have holiday that you didn't know about. I'm still doing extra hours this week though, I need the money, not a break. Shame I won't get paid for it for another five weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)
    Also, don't you pay a basic 20% tax on a 2nd job? so you might not be massively worse off if you went full time, at either job.
    That's the default, yes, but you may be able to arrange it so that this isn't the case. Take a look at this section of my wiki article on Income Tax and National Insurance: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...aving_two_jobs

(Original post by morris743)
    has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.
    Yes, and what do you want me to do about it?

Yes, and what do you want me to do about it?
    I'm going to cyber-kick your ass!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to cyber-kick your ass!
    I wouldn't want to embarrass your effort so what I will say is petrol have incredible security measures in place

Messages now cleared:p:

I wouldn't want to embarrass your effort so what I will say is petrol have incredible security measures in place

Messages now cleared:p:
    I guess I'll have to ram-raid the building! :yep: Put it this way, I'll be having the last laugh either way

(Original post by miml)
    Handed in my notice!!!
    Congratulations! :woo:

Quick question, does anyone know when the next payday is? Sainsbury's still owe me some money! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I guess I'll have to ram-raid the building! :yep: Put it this way, I'll be having the last laugh either way
    You wouldn't dare. A life-time worldwide ban from all - yes you heard me right ALL! - Sainsbury's stores, 50% deduction on your nectar, off my christmas card list and more that would scare even the most hardended employee!

Laughing now? Didn't think so.

You wouldn't dare. A life-time worldwide ban from all - yes you heard me right ALL! - Sainsbury's stores, 50% deduction on your nectar, off my christmas card list and more that would scare even the most hardended employee!

Laughing now? Didn't think so.
    I don't think I'm going to lose some sleep over the fact I'll be banned from ALL Sainsbury's stores? In fact, I'll probably have sweet dreams. :p:

However, 50% deduction on my Nectar. I think I'm going to slit my wrists now.. :mad:

No Christmas card? OK. Now I'm not laughing..

ReputationRep:
    Quick question, does anyone know when the next payday is? Sainsbury's still owe me some money! :mad:
    Friday :p:

(Original post by Longorefisher)
    Friday :p:
    Cheers!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I really hurt my arm at work last night didn't put it down in the accident book though cos I'm rather embarrassed plus I'm in there a million times already!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    I really hurt my arm at work last night didn't put it down in the accident book though cos I'm rather embarrassed plus I'm in there a million times already!
    OUCH! I was so embarassed but someone forced me to put my toe injury in there lol - buttt you should have put it in cause you wont be covered by liability insurance - in case you arm suddenly drops off or something lol

How you do it??
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by kkdonut)
    OUCH! I was so embarassed but someone forced me to put my toe injury in there lol - buttt you should have put it in cause you wont be covered by liability insurance - in case you arm suddenly drops off or something lol

How you do it??
    lol, maybe I should it's just a bit bruised but I think it'll be fine ... er, basically pulling the rollcages off the delivery truck and there's a metal thing near the doors, the rollcage had dodgy wheels and pushed me sideways where my arm then got stuck between the metal thing and the rollcage, bending my wrist backwards and smacking my elbow against the metal thing!! I was practically in tears! I'm so clumsy. But the rollcages are a bit too heavy for me to pull or push when they're completely full, so if the wheels are dodgy I can't push them the opposite way without some help!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.