Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Absurd)
    I may be wrong but you are only exempt from council tax if the people you are living with are all students.
    It doesn't count cos I'll be doing distance learning. Oh well.

Operation new job hunt commences. ******* hate work and couldn't care less any more. The pay is nice and so are most of the people but not when it is 30 hours of sheer depression. Don't think I've ever felt so low in my whole life than when work comes around. I also haven't slept properly in weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Last 10 shifts, and I was finally till trained!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, can someone tell me how I register my discount card to use it for online shopping?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tubbsy)
    Hey, can someone tell me how I register my discount card to use it for online shopping?
    You need to phone somebody up.
    Ask your stores online dept(if it has one), or another internet shopper on here will probably post the number.

Bleh, I'm bored of my job now too :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tubbsy)
    I have my shopping delivered. Love it. You need to join up with the grocery web site, then there will be a contact us number to call on there. They're there today too. Have you card handy & they will then add your card to your account, so your discount is deducted everytime you shop, automatically.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I'm not bored of my job I just hate it. Plus I practically feel bullied by one of the people there. THey've been warned and everything but they're not bothered, it seems. Very uncomfortable.

ReputationRep:
    What is 'short time' on my payslip?
    I'm not at work so I can't ask/check the 'know your payslip' poster.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by PJ991)
    What is 'short time' on my payslip?
    I'm not at work so I can't ask/check the 'know your payslip' poster.
    short time is pay deducted because you were late/didn't attend a shift etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    short time is pay deducted because you were late/didn't attend a shift etc
    *******s.
    I've only ever clocked in before my start time (about 5 mins before) and I always end up clocking out after my shift late because of retarded managers.

I haven't missed a day either.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by PJ991)
    *******s.
    I've only ever clocked in before my start time (about 5 mins before) and I always end up clocking out after my shift late because of retarded managers.

I haven't missed a day either.
    Really? Have you had a holiday recently? Or maybe you just recently started and did your induction instead, cos if so that would probs be normal - I was short timed too cos I hadn't made up my contracted 30 hours that week.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't count cos I'll be doing distance learning. Oh well.

Operation new job hunt commences. ******* hate work and couldn't care less any more. The pay is nice and so are most of the people but not when it is 30 hours of sheer depression. Don't think I've ever felt so low in my whole life than when work comes around. I also haven't slept properly in weeks.
    What! I thought you loved work!

We were mega busy today.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    What! I thought you loved work!

We were mega busy today.
    I used to until said guy started being an ********. :cool: and until the whole tiredness thing kicked in...

ReputationRep:
    Really? Have you had a holiday recently? Or maybe you just recently started and did your induction instead, cos if so that would probs be normal - I was short timed too cos I hadn't made up my contracted 30 hours that week.
    well I've only been there 3 weeks:o: So yeah, my induction was a part of the last payment period, as was till training. But I seem to have been payed for them.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by PJ991)
    well I've only been there 3 weeks:o: So yeah, my induction was a part of the last payment period, as was till training. But I seem to have been payed for them.
    So is this your first pay slip?

ReputationRep:
    So is this your first pay slip?
    yeah.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by PJ991)
    yeah.
    I'm assuming it'll be from the induction week then, but if you're unsure just ask someone in HR ...

ReputationRep:
    I used to until said guy started being an ********. :cool: and until the whole tiredness thing kicked in...
    Sorry to hear that. The guy sounds like an arse, is he your age or what? I don't suppose a department swap is at all possible so you can work days instead?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Sorry to hear that. The guy sounds like an arse, is he your age or what? I don't suppose a department swap is at all possible so you can work days instead?
    A few years older, and is good friends with a relative of mine. Who I don't really get along with, so that's probably why they're an arse. I don't really want to work in a supermarket any more. Just want something new.

ReputationRep:
    A few years older, and is good friends with a relative of mine. Who I don't really get along with, so that's probably why they're an arse. I don't really want to work in a supermarket any more. Just want something new.
    Don't blame you!

ReputationRep:
    All I seem to come on here for, is to complain these days!
    I asked for a weekend off as holiday earlier in the week (this is the third time I've asked!! I asked once in January and once at the beginning of February) and it's still not written up on the schedule board. I'm getting really sick of asking and then being forgotten about. The second time I asked, I was told I definately had the time off. The third time I asked I was told it was fine and I could have the time off.
    I don't really know what more I can do. At this rate it's going to get to the date I want off and I will have to come in because I've been ignored so many times.
    It's my birthday on the day I want off, and since I was told I could have that time off, we have already booked to go out somewhere....
    Because I've been messed around so much this time, I'm really worried about booking holidays in the summer, as I don't want to book to go away somewhere and then suddenly find out I don't have the time off!
    It's just getting seriously ridiculous and I don't have a clue what to do.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.