The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4260
EverythingInTransit
All I seem to come on here for, is to complain these days!
I asked for a weekend off as holiday earlier in the week (this is the third time I've asked!! I asked once in January and once at the beginning of February) and it's still not written up on the schedule board. I'm getting really sick of asking and then being forgotten about. The second time I asked, I was told I definately had the time off. The third time I asked I was told it was fine and I could have the time off.
I don't really know what more I can do. At this rate it's going to get to the date I want off and I will have to come in because I've been ignored so many times.
It's my birthday on the day I want off, and since I was told I could have that time off, we have already booked to go out somewhere....
Because I've been messed around so much this time, I'm really worried about booking holidays in the summer, as I don't want to book to go away somewhere and then suddenly find out I don't have the time off!
It's just getting seriously ridiculous and I don't have a clue what to do.

You should talk to your store manager than if your department is messing you around.
Foulish
You should talk to your store manager than if your department is messing you around.

Yeah might be an idea. I don't know if I've ever actually seen the store manager. I don't even know what he looks like :s-smilie:
When you give in a fully filled out holiday booking form, do they give you anything back to confirm it? Or of I ask them for confirmation in writing will they give it to me?
Because when I book holidays for the summer, I want to make sure I definately have those days, and I want proof of it.
Reply 4262
EverythingInTransit
Yeah might be an idea. I don't know if I've ever actually seen the store manager. I don't even know what he looks like :s-smilie:
When you give in a fully filled out holiday booking form, do they give you anything back to confirm it? Or of I ask them for confirmation in writing will they give it to me?
Because when I book holidays for the summer, I want to make sure I definitely have those days, and I want proof of it.

Whenever your holidays are changed they should give you a new version of your holiday form complete with the changes and updates. To know exactly what holiday they've registered you should ask for your holiday form from HR. And if you want to change anything from that then make the changes on theat form and give that to your department/HR manager.

Otherwise if they agree to change your holiday go ahead and make plans and don;t turn up at work that day. You'd probably get a disciplinary but just make a date of the day and time and what conversations took place with who and you should be alright.

The second bit probably isn't the best advice tbh.
kyle_y
Whenever your holidays are changed they should give you a new version of your holiday form complete with the changes and updates. To know exactly what holiday they've registered you should ask for your holiday form from HR. And if you want to change anything from that then make the changes on theat form and give that to your department/HR manager.

Otherwise if they agree to change your holiday go ahead and make plans and don;t turn up at work that day. You'd probably get a disciplinary but just make a date of the day and time and what conversations took place with who and you should be alright.

The second bit probably isn't the best advice tbh.

Yeah I'm going to insist that they give me confirmation because if I got into trouble because of a mistake that they made, I might actually go insane :woo:
Reply 4264
miml
Last 10 shifts, and I was finally till trained!

Ha I finished today. what was the point in till training you? I was till trained before I even had my first proper shift on my dept. I hated being till trained. Down on checkouts at least 2 hours each shift because checkouts couldn't get their act together.
Reply 4265
EverythingInTransit
Because when I book holidays for the summer, I want to make sure I definately have those days, and I want proof of it.

When my holiday form goes through I usually get a new holiday form printed off with the times I selected printed in attached to my payslip with any store newsletter/company you may get.

Did anyone else get the free jug and milk yesterday? I forgot :frown:
I am applying for a check-out job at sainsburys online. I have to put 2 references, 1 being my current employer. Will they contact my current employer before any interview? because I'd rather they wouldn't let my work know im wanting to quit.

Thanks.
Reply 4267
No, they'll contact your employer sometime between you being offered the job and the end of the 12 week probation period... or not at all.
Not at all in my case :awesome: which is stupid cos I went to the effort of getting my referees down 3 times!

work was a NIGHTMARE last night, two people on holiday and two off sick... we had 5 people plus a team leader! i have never seen those people run before :biggrin: lol
Is there any specific rule to how long you are supposed to give as notice. I know it depends on how long you have been working there for. I have been working there for about 5 months, how long roughly would I give as notice?
I will go and ask HR for the exact time, but I was just curious.
SolarEclipse
Is there any specific rule to how long you are supposed to give as notice. I know it depends on how long you have been working there for. I have been working there for about 5 months, how long roughly would I give as notice?
I will go and ask HR for the exact time, but I was just curious.

4 weeks I think.
inksplodge
4 weeks I think.

Ah right ok thanks :smile:
I wish I could have stuck it out for longer, as I enjoy having the money but I really need to concentrate on school at the moment so I can get into uni. Although its a nice thought not having to sit in front of a till for hours.
EverythingInTransit
All I seem to come on here for, is to complain these days!
I asked for a weekend off as holiday earlier in the week (this is the third time I've asked!! I asked once in January and once at the beginning of February) and it's still not written up on the schedule board. I'm getting really sick of asking and then being forgotten about. The second time I asked, I was told I definitely had the time off. The third time I asked I was told it was fine and I could have the time off.
I don't really know what more I can do. At this rate it's going to get to the date I want off and I will have to come in because I've been ignored so many times.
It's my birthday on the day I want off, and since I was told I could have that time off, we have already booked to go out somewhere....
Because I've been messed around so much this time, I'm really worried about booking holidays in the summer, as I don't want to book to go away somewhere and then suddenly find out I don't have the time off!
It's just getting seriously ridiculous and I don't have a clue what to do.

Can't you just take the time off then? **** 'em if you have given three chances.
Or sort the holidays out with your dept manager, and get them to write it down for you.(Thats what I do)
I'd speak to a union rep if possible.
Nevasleep
Can't you just take the time off then? **** 'em if you have given three chances.
Or sort the holidays out with your dept manager, and get them to write it down for you.(Thats what I do)
I'd speak to a union rep if possible.

I'm going to have those days off whatever happens. I'm going to try and get it in writing from my manager and if not I will try to speak to the store manager because I've been so messed about. If all else fails.....phone in sick :wink: haha.
Does anyone know how much the responsibility pay/premium is?
Reply 4275
Can't get away from them! Sainsbury's have taken to advertising here :frown:

crazyspacemonkey
Does anyone know how much the responsibility pay/premium is?

What's that for - Checkout captains and the like etc.?
SolarEclipse
Ah right ok thanks :smile:
I wish I could have stuck it out for longer, as I enjoy having the money but I really need to concentrate on school at the moment so I can get into uni. Although its a nice thought not having to sit in front of a till for hours.

Why don't you ask to cut down your hours instead of giving up the job completely?
Foulish
Can't get away from them! Sainsbury's have taken to advertising here :frown:

:biggrin: !
haaaha they're always on the tv too! good to know they're doing well though i suppose ...

Latest

Trending

Trending