Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Who would work in Sainsbury's after they graduate?

ReputationRep:
    Its come up before, but with online shopping how do I link my account to my discount card?
    does anyone have the number? can't seem to find anything online..

I need some shopping, but can't bring myself to lug it all home on the bus or get a taxi. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShortyGetLow)
    Its come up before, but with online shopping how do I link my account to my discount card?
    does anyone have the number? can't seem to find anything online..

I need some shopping, but can't bring myself to lug it all home on the bus or get a taxi. :P
    0845 301 2020

(Original post by morris743)
    Someone who has done retail management I would guess.

ReputationRep:
    me i suppose, i joined sainsburys after i graduated.

not looking to stay though lol, there are quite a lot of people who have degrees in my store, mostly managers but also normal staff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mug51)
    me i suppose, i joined sainsburys after i graduated.

not looking to stay though lol, there are quite a lot of people who have degrees in my store, mostly managers but also normal staff
    How long have you been there? What was your degree in? Sorry to hear you're not having a good time

ReputationRep:
    I'd be happy to join Sainsbury's after graduating, in the head office as CFO.

ReputationRep:
    Me at the moment, haven't been able to get another job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teh_samby)
    Me at the moment, haven't been able to get another job.
    Sorry to hear that. What is your degree in?

ReputationRep:
    How long have you been there? What was your degree in? Sorry to hear you're not having a good time
    i've been there for a year and 3 months, and got a maths degree.

i wouldn't say i'm not enjoying it, the people makes it fairly good and trying to beat last years results are good to see. but retail is not for me, i needs numbers, not just skus. oh and the transition on gm, is not what i mean by numbers, for those who don't know they are increasing sku length to 9 numbers on all of gm :eek: check out the candles in your store, 9 number skus :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mug51)
    i've been there for a year and 3 months, and got a maths degree.

i wouldn't say i'm not enjoying it, the people makes it fairly good and trying to beat last years results are good to see. but retail is not for me, i needs numbers, not just skus. oh and the transition on gm, is not what i mean by numbers, for those who don't know they are increasing sku length to 9 numbers on all of gm :eek: check out the candles in your store, 9 number skus :yes:
    Check out the HP printer paper next time you're in.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear that. What is your degree in?
    Business Information Systems. It wasn't particularly techy I.T. stuff though, a bit of theory and a bit of business, so it doesn't seem to have helped us be any more qualified for a particular job. Ah well, it was a good experience and I'm sure I'll get out of Sainsbury's eventually. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    Check out the HP printer paper next time you're in.
    ah you got me curious, i will look when im in tomorrow. i suppose that something has happened to that, it doesnt allow sub cat 746 to be scanned on foa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mug51)
    ah you got me curious, i will look when im in tomorrow. i suppose that something has happened to that, it doesnt allow sub cat 746 to be scanned on foa.
    nah, just look at the packaging.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    nah, just look at the packaging.
    ahhhh, i know what your on about now, was thinking they might have new packaging but we wont have then instore as we have 20 cases in the back.....but it's the mathematics society paper on the packaging lol.

and i notice you're gonna do maths at uni, no wonder you noticed the packaging. on sunday i helped a man do his shopping and he was fascinated by maths, he was working on string theory for 45 years.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by teh_samby)
    Anyone know Sainsbury's policy on tattoos? Thinking of getting one on my wrist.
    Practically all of night shift have tattoos, visible ones too.

I don't think they're that harsh on tattoos. I guess it depends on your store, but then they do supply long-sleeved polo shirts so it should never be a problem wherever you go.

ReputationRep:
    A fair few of the day staff in my place have tats on there forarms and the likes, i should be getting one on my wrist in the not to distant future.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i got an induction next week starting monday and its 4 days 8am - 5pm. Im just wondering, what will i be doing for all this time and also do i get paid for the induction time ?

Im sure this questions already been answered but there's like 200 pages to this thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heed123)
    Hi, i got an induction next week starting monday and its 4 days 8am - 5pm. Im just wondering, what will i be doing for all this time and also do i get paid for the induction time ?

Im sure this questions already been answered but there's like 200 pages to this thread
    Yes you'll be paid, boring stuff like watching videos, doing some group exercises, speaking in front of everyone (didn't like that bit)
    A fair bit of paper work, taking notes, health & safety stuff. You will have a test at the end, which you wont fail to pass. Thats it really.
    x

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.