Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morris743)
    0845 301 2020

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    Practically all of night shift have tattoos, visible ones too.
    Night shift scare me. They come in like Zombies
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Foulish)
    Night shift scare me. They come in like Zombies
    I'm going in like a zombie tonight I've had 4 hours sleep from 2am til 6am and then got about 2 hours from 5pm to 7pm. I actually feel dead and don't think I can do this any more zzzzz. Optrex eye drops are a godsend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longorefisher)
    What's that for - Checkout captains and the like etc.?
    Possibly. I've been told it's a premium (like the night shift premium) you get basically for looking after some staff. It's sort of the inbetween from regular staff to team leader.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    :rolleyes: why is sainsburys letting its night staff starve? we're not even allowed to boil a kettle at work because we're not 'trained' to haha.

Just do it anyway.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by FXX)
    Just do it anyway.
    we do. the shift used to cook pizzas but they can't now, the day staff started taking the shelves out of the oven. how petty.

Do you not have a microwave you can use? I know it's not the same but we have a microwave for the night shift to cook ready meals.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by FXX)
    Do you not have a microwave you can use? I know it's not the same but we have a microwave for the night shift to cook ready meals.
    we're "not allowed" to use that either :rofl: but we've been using it anyway :tongue: but methinks it's only a matter of time before they take that away too or something

question- when do the current batch of promotions end?

we've lost 2 people since october and we're going to lose another person soon, and we're not replacing them we're already crippled on saturdays and have lost one person as of this week, and to lose a second is really... bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyspacemonkey)
    Possibly. I've been told it's a premium (like the night shift premium) you get basically for looking after some staff. It's sort of the inbetween from regular staff to team leader.
    I don't get paid any extra for being the captain. Are you telling me i'm entitled to an extra bit of money. WHAT A SCAM.

I would still have done it for my current pay. I hate being on till all day >_>
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    argggh last night/this morning was horrrible. i was so tired from a lack of sleep then we were really short staffed again. all the delivery isn't being done because there aren't enough people to work it.

ReputationRep:
    The availability of products in our store at the moment is terrible. I cant believe how its gone so downhill in the year since ive been there. I dont know if its lack of enough night shift, or the buyers not ordering enough stuff!?

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday we had lots of pallets in asles, leftover from the nightshift.

Yeah availability has been pretty poor for us, especially on produce. Several people have switched departments/quit so there are only about three 'produce' people, and quite often in the mornings there is no one to put the new stock out. I'm tempted to offer to do some overtime on produce in the mornings to help out. It's totally ridiculous on there atm, and the store manager just doesn't seem to be doing anything about it.

ReputationRep:
    Get our bonus in April this year That will well come in handy!

Really? Got it in August last year. Was only about £50 so wasn't really that useful...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Really? Got it in August last year. Was only about £50 so wasn't really that useful...
    Yeah, it's been brought forward. It's in the newsletter, they said it was because it was for April to March, so it made sense to pay it earlier.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    We usually have enough people except on Saturday and Sunday. The Saturday fresh delivery doesn't come until 4.30 - 5AM anyway and when you've got a max of 6 people having to do the normal delivery and dress everything down, THEN pull the stuff off the wagon, and then work it... there's just not enough people!!! Fresh is priority though and a lot of the night's delivery doesn't get done because of it.

I don't think our store will be getting any sort of bonus after that stock take thing not long ago... shame, I think the whole store was on target and everything. The CTS was well disappointed!

ALSO I think Saturday is going to be a nightmare. Only 3 people (inc. myself) who are contracted to do Saturdays are in. I know one person is doing overtime... ****, I hope they get some more people in. I'm on holiday next week!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    We usually have enough people except on Saturday and Sunday. The Saturday fresh delivery doesn't come until 4.30 - 5AM anyway and when you've got a max of 6 people having to do the normal delivery and dress everything down, THEN pull the stuff off the wagon, and then work it... there's just not enough people!!! Fresh is priority though and a lot of the night's delivery doesn't get done because of it.
    How many deliveries do you get during the night?

ReputationRep:
    A week tomorrow I'll be free from Sainsburys and will officialy be unsuscribibg from this thread!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.