Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Alright for some... I've got two years left yet

ReputationRep:
    Hey Sainsbury's people!

I worked in Sainsbury's as a temp over Christmas and want to go back for Easter - I saw they were recruiting for temporary easter staff on the website so I went in to the store to see my old supervisor and he told me that I couldn't just come back and I had to reapply online but that I wouldn't have to do any of the tests or interviews or induction again - how does that work when the website automatically gives you that horrible multiple choice test thing when you apply? I thought it was a bit weird that they couldn't just have me back without me having to go through everything again - i'm obviously already on their system having worked there only a few months ago - so I asked someone else and they also said that I had to apply online. I'm worried that if I apply again online, i'll end up having to do another test, interview and induction and then there will be two of me on the system and all my records and payment info and stuff will be messed up?

Does anyone know if applying online really is how you go back to work, or are my store just clueless? Thanks! x
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Nevasleep)
    How many deliveries do you get during the night?
    On a normal day we get 2 to 3 deliveries, plus the normal delivery that obviously arrives before we start that we work on during the night... on Sat ... it's just one fresh delivery, plus the normal delivery. But that is bearing in mind that on a normal day there are at least 9 people in, and the first fresh delivery arrives at 12, and the second around 2-3. If there's a third it'll come around half 4 :tongue: On Saturdays we are lucky if we have totally finished the normal delivery by 4 because there is just a lot to do :dontknow: plus dressing on Saturday is a nightmare, it's such a mess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherrycola32)
    Get our bonus in April this year That will well come in handy!

Ooooh whats the quali's to get this bonus? Ive been there since november 08. I didn't get any last year, does it mean I will this year? Whats the average payout?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Apparently I started too late for a bonus, had to start in mid-August or something! Shame. I think your store has to be on target for all the things on that board don't they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Ooooh whats the quali's to get this bonus? Ive been there since november 08. I didn't get any last year, does it mean I will this year? Whats the average payout?
    yeah you will get it, I started the same time.
    I'm pretty sure your each of the following is worth 1%, MAC, MCM, and your sales targets. So if your store passes all 3 you will get a 3% bonus.
    Not huge amounts, but will pay for my new phone as my parents are matching what I pay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherrycola32)
    yeah you will get it, I started the same time.
    I'm pretty sure your each of the following is worth 1%, MAC, MCM, and your sales targets. So if your store passes all 3 you will get a 3% bonus.
    Not huge amounts, but will pay for my new phone as my parents are matching what I pay
    I wouldn't know what 3% would be at our place even But a bonus is a bonus ey. Bonza! :woo:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I wouldn't know what 3% would be at our place even But a bonus is a bonus ey. Bonza! :woo:
    I think it's a percentage of your salary? That's what our store trainer said, anyway! she was saying that a bonus for her was about a week's worth of wages or something

ReputationRep:
    Bonus? That'll pay for my tattoo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    I think it's a percentage of your salary? That's what our store trainer said, anyway! she was saying that a bonus for her was about a week's worth of wages or something
    Ah right ok, cool. That'll be handy then :yep:

ReputationRep:
    yeah like inksplodge said its of your yearly total pay. Sorry should have made that clear!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    a bonus would have been handy for me! there's always next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    Apparently I started too late for a bonus, had to start in mid-August or something! Shame. I think your store has to be on target for all the things on that board don't they?
    Really? Damn, I started soon after you.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Absurd)
    Really? Damn, I started soon after you.
    yeah. my boyf said he started at the end of august and he was 2 weeks too late for the bonus! what a bummer.

(Original post by HoleInMyHeart)
    Hey Sainsbury's people!

I worked in Sainsbury's as a temp over Christmas and want to go back for Easter - I saw they were recruiting for temporary easter staff on the website so I went in to the store to see my old supervisor and he told me that I couldn't just come back and I had to reapply online but that I wouldn't have to do any of the tests or interviews or induction again - how does that work when the website automatically gives you that horrible multiple choice test thing when you apply? I thought it was a bit weird that they couldn't just have me back without me having to go through everything again - i'm obviously already on their system having worked there only a few months ago - so I asked someone else and they also said that I had to apply online. I'm worried that if I apply again online, i'll end up having to do another test, interview and induction and then there will be two of me on the system and all my records and payment info and stuff will be messed up?

Does anyone know if applying online really is how you go back to work, or are my store just clueless? Thanks! x
    Yes, you have to apply online. When you go to the recruitment website, there's a link to click if you've already worked for Sainsbury's. Click that, then fill in the info it asks for, and then you should be able to apply.

ReputationRep:
    So I'm handing in my notice asap, and was wondering what exactly I should write on the letter. I'm thinking of handing it in to HR instead of my manager as my manager is likely to lose the letter or something ha. Any ideas of how I should set it out?
    And also, I'm quitting because of the pressure of exams etc. but would it be acceptable to ask them to keep my name on file and I can come back after exams if they ever need any extra help? I just don't want it to sound like I'm trying to push them into giving me my job back after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EverythingInTransit)
    So I'm handing in my notice asap, and was wondering what exactly I should write on the letter. I'm thinking of handing it in to HR instead of my manager as my manager is likely to lose the letter or something ha. Any ideas of how I should set it out?
    And also, I'm quitting because of the pressure of exams etc. but would it be acceptable to ask them to keep my name on file and I can come back after exams if they ever need any extra help? I just don't want it to sound like I'm trying to push them into giving me my job back after.
    ask for some time off during the exam period ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DDS)
    ask for some time off during the exam period ?
    I've already decided I want to quit so I'm just looking for advice on what to write thanks. :yes:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    just say due to school you can't commit to the job any longer

grrrr going to work with literally 1 hour sleep today. just KILL ME NOW please

ReputationRep:
    Also who would I address it to if I am planning to give it in to HR.
    Dear ______?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.