Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Sainsburys thread MK ll watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EverythingInTransit)
    Also who would I address it to if I am planning to give it in to HR.
    Dear ______?
    The name of your HR Manager?

Book all your holiday. You're entitled to it, and if you don't take it, you'll lose it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberry_princess)
    oooh bonus?! I started work in middle of July 09, will I get it?!? When actually is it?

Also, I have hol entitlement of 72 hours this year. Im leaving to go to uni in sept, so booked exactly half of my hol (36 hrs= 3 weeks). But they wrote at the top of my form that I have to book the rest of it so I asked my supervisor and she said just book it all. But surely Ill only have earned 36 hrs worth by september? What do I do? I will go and see HR about it next time Im in but Im a little confused so thought you guys might know! Thanks.
    I'm not certain but I think you have to had worked for a year before you get the bonus, I missed out on the one in Autumn by a couple of weeks last year :/

And holiday, I'm in the exact position as you, my manager just told me to book half of it for after September.

Thanks for the reply. Thats my point though, I'm not entitled to it am I? Isn't it based on this coming year? I will only be working for 6 months?
    How do they know that? Are you only contracted to work for 6 months? It doesn't work the way you're thinking of. Take everything you can and run.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    How do they know that? Are you only contracted to work for 6 months? It doesn't work the way you're thinking of. Take everything you can and run.
    They can take the holiday pay back though when you leave. Best to ask HR to see what they say.

ReputationRep:
    cant you just book the other half to the dates you dont think u'll be at sainsburys, say like the rest for 2011.

thats what i did when i didnt think i'd be there in september 2009, scattered them around dec 2009, jan 2010 and march 2010. but of course im still there lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherrycola32)
    I'm not certain but I think you have to had worked for a year before you get the bonus, I missed out on the one in Autumn by a couple of weeks last year :/
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

I hope your joking.

ReputationRep:
    So I got the new uniform today to be worn from next week. The fleece is much thicker and heavier and feels nice and smooth. I'll miss the orange though.

ReputationRep:
    Last time I was eligible for a bonus, you got the whole bonus if you'd been there a year and half of the bonus if you'd been there six months (none if you'd been there less).

ReputationRep:
    Right, does the bonus include overtime you have worked over the year?
    I have heard it does and heard it dosen't
    I can't remember what it was last year...

ReputationRep:
    I think the bonus is based on what you've earned in that financial year so that includes overtime and premiums.

ReputationRep:
    I'll find out in about 2 weeks. Hopefully I get some this is my 7th month. Also I haven't got my discount card yet, isn't it after 6 months you are eligible?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wannabe)
    From what I remember last year, I was disappointed that it was only done on my contracted hours... I may be wrong.... I hope I'm wrong :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Was contracted hours only last year, was so annoyed because the majority of mine would have been overtime.

Last year, I did 22 hours contracted for half the year, then 12 hours for the second half, and I did a tonne of overtime. Despite that I got something like £60 when our store had a 2.5% bonus. So I would guess it's only on your contracted hours, which sucks.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by RB59)
    I'll find out in about 2 weeks. Hopefully I get some this is my 7th month. Also I haven't got my discount card yet, isn't it after 6 months you are eligible?
    Well I've been at Sainsbury's 5 months and my card is ready apparently, haven't picked it up yet though.

Two people have gone from nights to days and bloody hell they look SO MUCH HAPPIER. They say days are easier; nobody is breathing down your neck to get things done, it's more laidback and there's no time limit for getting things done. Maybe I'm doing the wrong job... my hands have swollen up! Bloody work.

ReputationRep:
    I would have to agree with them. I've done both nights and days and always always always prefer days. but because i'm at uni sometimes theres not enough time to work day shift. the extra night premium helps me a lot but whether its worth your health is a decision only you can make.

ReputationRep:
    I raided £140 for Sport Relief by selling those scratch cards on Saturday.

I also covered someones break on Customer Services and boy, I was in for a rough time. A 19 year old who apparently works for Sainsbury's, got refused alcohol on the basis she was in with her 14 year old brother. she said Think 25 dosent apply to her. She was shouting at me, I turned aorund and said "As you work for Sainsbury's I don't really need to explain that the cashier was right in refusing you alcohol." she continued shouting rubbish blah blah blah. I then said to her "I think you need to talk to your line manager in your store because you clearly do not know the Think 25 ppolicy". She continued spewing out complete rubbish until I had to recite my usual speech of it being a legal obligation and that the cashier wasn't being difficult as I would too have requested that you both produce ID.

Seriously, if you was buying alcohol and you knew the Think 25 policy and you came in with a sibling, would you not have told the sibling to go away? Some people think they can spew the "I work for Sainsbury's" line and get what they want. I should have asked her to produce her Staff Discount card.

After that I got a woman who wanted an exchange without a receipt (which we can't do anymore), and she yelled at me that she is entitled to an exchange even without a recipet. I then had to tell her we need proof of purchase. She then shouted "Thats against the law" - I then had to recite my usual statement in this kind of situation "Sainsbury's are not required by law to issue refunds on goods you decide you no want. Our 14 day money back guarentee meets and exceeds all the relevant laws and regulations." she turned around and said "Who on earth keeps their recipet. I replied "If you was buying clothes, any sensible person would have kept their recipets for atleast 14 days." she replied with all the usual rubbish about Asda allowing you to return goods etc. I said to her "With all due respect, that is ASDA's return policy and not ours. Each company has its own individual return policy.

She said "Why isn't your refund policy on the recipet.". I directed her to the board where the refund policy is located. She said "So I have to queue up here before I buy to check the refund policy, you should have it on the recipet.

I simply replied "You would have had to buy the clothes before you could see the return policy on the recipet of other supermarkets".

I had a queue so I said to her I'm going to call my manager because my queue is long and I don't have time to argue with her.

People think the "The customer is always right" phrase is actually used in supermarkets. Please.

this refund policy change has caused so much stress >_<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wannabe)
    No I did loads of overtime last year and I only got the bonus based upon my 13.5 hours.

hopefully my bonus will go up this year because I now do 20hrs/week

I went into to ask HR about the hol query that I posted about the other day but there was noone in there?!?! Strange, theres always usually someone in there!! Asked my dept manager (checkouts) but noone seems to know or give me a straight answer!!!! Grrr!!!
    What's the issue you're having?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.