Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    Do we not have big stickers? I bought a radio or something from Asda, and they stuck a load of Asda tape on the box saying it was purchased.
    My tv never had tape put on it. But I only used customer services to have someone come sort me the tv & bring it out & pay etc, & not a till.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sociallyanxious)
    how long does the interview process normally take?
    From when you are intervied? I had an interview on the monday & had a call on the thursday (as I was leaving work) to say I had the job if I wanted it & to tell me when inductions were. One of the happiest days as I was in a cruddy job that I couldn't wait to get away from at the time! So I handed my notice into the cruddy job (travelodge) on the friday & inductions started the following thursday night

ReputationRep:
    I can beat that. I had the interview, got the bus home, an hour later i found a voice message off my boss, i was in the library, i told him at the interview i had to run off to there, the voice message said "i know your in the library but can you give me a call", i rang him, offered me the job

I think he was desperate.

ReputationRep:
    In the first sainsburys I worked in, as a xmas temp, I'd been interviewed and that evening got told i had the job and got given my hours

When I got interviewed the 2nd at the sainsburys im at now, I had the interview on a monday? and got called on wednesday. I was all upset tuesday because I'd have thought I'd be told sooner. And because I had already worked for them, i was able to be inducted that saturday

I can beat all of those stories. I applied in May, got an interview start of June, found out I was successful at the start of July and started at the beginning of August =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    I can beat all of those stories. I applied in May, got an interview start of June, found out I was successful at the start of July and started at the beginning of August =/
    ooer, they dragged it out a bit didn't they.

Although saying that, my friend had to call them to find out if she got the job :\

(Original post by ShortyGetLow)
    ooer, they dragged it out a bit didn't they.

Although saying that, my friend had to call them to find out if she got the job :\
    Well that's it, I had to phone HRSS as well, then two days later they said I was successful. And the day they phoned me was my 18th birthday! Crazy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    I don't even know how people can even consider taking it... I swear, these people have some guts!
    That's just it isn't it, if I did it, I'd be thinking... well I wouldn't HONESTLY be trying to get away with the TV, I know my limits!! I'd be more like in it for a laugh. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    And the day they phoned me was my 18th birthday!
    Thats probably not coincidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukely)
    Haha ha - sorry jennifer.re but yeah that actually made me LOL! Were they European, drunk or just stupid?!
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    They were English. One was slightly tipsy but the other one, the one who took the photo of just me, was sober as far as I could tell.
    What creeped me out EVEN more is that just a couple of days before I'd been at thorpe park, sat on Nemesis while they did the seat check and someone in the queue took a picture of me and my friends!
    I'm getting stalked. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennifer.re)
    They were English. One was slightly tipsy but the other one, the one who took the photo of just me, was sober as far as I could tell.
    What creeped me out EVEN more is that just a couple of days before I'd been at thorpe park, sat on Nemesis while they did the seat check and someone in the queue took a picture of me and my friends!
    I'm getting stalked. :woo:
    Gutted @ you. Everyone secretly wishes they were being stalked I reckon, it's nice to feel that some mysterious randomer wants you sometimes - or is that just me, a lone checkout boy from Sainsbury's.

It doesn't bode well on a date I don't think... so what do you do? I work at Sainsburys... great! REJECT. lol

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't bode well on a date I don't think... so what do you do? I work at Sainsburys... great! REJECT. lol
    I agree with you lol I would say something like Customer service in a Large retail food company Just to make it sound mor einteresting lol

ReputationRep:
    just got called to say i got the job (woop! ) but my induction starts tomorrow and it's smart/casual, meaning i am panicking about what to wear :rolleyes:
    what did everyone else wear to theirs? i'm quite tempted to wear jeans with a smart top but i don't know if smart/casual fashion rules deem that unsuitable.

alsoo, i've just found out that i'm going to have to miss a whole week of work (well technically the three days of the week that i'm supposed to work) as my grandad's having to come down to live near us and he needs 24 hour care and bloody social services are too slow to do anything until the week after and my mum can't take time off, so i need to be there with him but i'm a bit worried about telling them...especially since i'm (hopefully) off to uni on the 28th Sept, meaning i'm only going to be with them for about 4 weeks. should i bring it up at the induction or wait until i start work in the store? cos the induction isn't in the same store as the one i'll be working in!

ReputationRep:
    Bring it up at induction - the store trainer should know what is best to do. They're likely to say you'll have to discuss it with your department manager during induction on a break I reckon because it's so soon. They're likely to be understanding though as it's a family issue and it's not like a holiday or something you knew about months in advance...

Hey I still got a job with 4 weeks off at Christmas to visit home!

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: Wow 20 pages already...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by struz)
    just got called to say i got the job (woop! ) but my induction starts tomorrow and it's smart/casual, meaning i am panicking about what to wear :rolleyes:
    what did everyone else wear to theirs? i'm quite tempted to wear jeans with a smart top but i don't know if smart/casual fashion rules deem that unsuitable.

alsoo, i've just found out that i'm going to have to miss a whole week of work (well technically the three days of the week that i'm supposed to work) as my grandad's having to come down to live near us and he needs 24 hour care and bloody social services are too slow to do anything until the week after and my mum can't take time off, so i need to be there with him but i'm a bit worried about telling them...especially since i'm (hopefully) off to uni on the 28th Sept, meaning i'm only going to be with them for about 4 weeks. should i bring it up at the induction or wait until i start work in the store? cos the induction isn't in the same store as the one i'll be working in!
    Your only going to be working with Sainsbury's for 4 weeks and then your leaving? Why bother then? In answer to your question anyway, I would go with black trousers and a plain top if they said smart/casual. I just wore that basically and it was fine. It's best to have black trousers on incase they take you on to the shop floor to do anything and that way then they can just give you quickly a top of some kind and your then pretty much in full uniform. They asked us to dress like that for the final day of training when we went to the shop floor to be till trained.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by setmefree)
    Your only going to be working with Sainsbury's for 4 weeks and then your leaving? Why bother then? In answer to your question anyway, I would go with black trousers and a plain top if they said smart/casual. I just wore that basically and it was fine. It's best to have black trousers on incase they take you on to the shop floor to do anything and that way then they can just give you quickly a top of some kind and your then pretty much in full uniform. They asked us to dress like that for the final day of training when we went to the shop floor to be till trained.
    i need money, basically. and i was just so happy at the prospect of a job that i sort of forgot about starting uni :o: ta for the advice

ReputationRep:
    Gutted @ you. Everyone secretly wishes they were being stalked I reckon, it's nice to feel that some mysterious randomer wants you sometimes - or is that just me, a lone checkout boy from Sainsbury's.

Haha. Stalker is this seasons hottest accessory.

I only work part-time around college so it's not SO bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by struz)
    i need money, basically. and i was just so happy at the prospect of a job that i sort of forgot about starting uni :o: ta for the advice
    So you're giving your notice on the first day?!

ReputationRep:
    ^ You don't need to give notice when you're still in the probationary period.

& Struz I wouldn't tell them in the induction, I'd bring it up just when you're about to leave

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.