Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    I think thats a brilliant idea!
    which bit 8-)

don't tell anyone, but i've used the wrist bandage thing a few times ;D

Oh, and can someone tell me why I have the number 63417600 stuck in my head? For some reason it keeps going round and round in my head >_>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luke2008)
    Believe me I do, and they say they can get me doing what they like
    If you have an injury they can't make you do something. Say to them they should be grateful I came in because I could have quite easily have called in sick.

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for a job at sainsbury's. I got an interview call. I spoke to the guy on the phone and apparently I put "Mrs" instead of "Mr" on my application . He asked me to change it and call him back. I've been stalking their website for 30minutes now and there is no option where I can change my personal details...help?

ReputationRep:
    Haha, Sainsbury's don't want me after the 12 weeks. There were 8 people at my induction and five had their contracts terminated at work during the past 2 weeks and told to go home. But I get to finish my 12 weeks. I wonder if we were all just **** at our jobs.

But it's just as exams start, so it isn't all bad anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Its not likely to happen mind you, we're run off our feet all but mondays at the moment. More shoppers definitely needed tuesday-saturdays.
    Same at my store.
    They normally have to phone people in the mornings, and ask people to stay on.
    I arrange my overtime in advance now:cool:

We don't get paid for holidays, right???

(Original post by Nevasleep)
    Same at my store.
    They normally have to phone people in the mornings, and ask people to stay on.
    I arrange my overtime in advance now:cool:

We don't get paid for holidays, right???
    Of course you do...

ReputationRep:
    Right so according to my manager I get 3 months of holiday (41 hours) if I work until the end of the financial year (3 months and 3 weeks and 5 days since I started). ie had I started 2 days earlier I wouldn't have any of this crap and would get an extra month of holiday.

I'm still fairly convinced this is bull, and am going to speak to HR (and head office if I have to) it's quite clear in the colleague handbook that you work 3 months you get 3 months of holiday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr lova lova)
    I've applied for a job at sainsbury's. I got an interview call. I spoke to the guy on the phone and apparently I put "Mrs" instead of "Mr" on my application . He asked me to change it and call him back. I've been stalking their website for 30minutes now and there is no option where I can change my personal details...help?
    Ring up the recruitment line and ask them ^_^

ReputationRep:
    I am worried I might end up calling in sick this weekend... that is if this gets bad enough.

Last year I was forced to take time off after getting the runs from some dodgy food at College. Imodium and that combined to make the most scary and painful experience of my life.

Just yesterday I consumed food from the same eatery at College. This now leaves me questioning whether I ever recovered 100% from the first round.

And I hate phoning in sick to work.

It's always treated with such a heavy-handed and accusing manner in Sainsbury's.

I don't want this to get worse... haha! I want it to get better. The fact is if it gets to a certain point I may not, for medical reasons, be able to go on a "Information Technology Education in a Global Context" trip to Ghana in May... depending on what they find, if I decide to further it up with doctors again, I might not be able to get some jabs or pills someone has said if it is what they think it is cos then even if I did have them and got something out there I'd be in real trouble.

This is bad times... it brings back painful memories of Sainsbury's absence policy!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    which bit 8-)

don't tell anyone, but i've used the wrist bandage thing a few times ;D

Oh, and can someone tell me why I have the number 63417600 stuck in my head? For some reason it keeps going round and round in my head >_>
    That's the first eight digits on a colleague discount card.
    ...I've worked here too long.

Speaking of which, does anyone know when the Easter 15% staff discount starts?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Our store gives out disciplinaries if you phone in sick :woo: don't know if that's common practice but yeah, most people on shift have 'em :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    Our store gives out disciplinaries if you phone in sick :woo: don't know if that's common practice but yeah, most people on shift have 'em :tongue:
    What?! Even if its the first time?:eek:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by cherrycola32)
    What?! Even if its the first time?:eek:
    Yeah, in our store at least. :tongue: They give out disciplinaries (or used to) for stupid things by the sounds of it... Someone got one for "talking" lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    Yeah, in our store at least. :tongue: They give out disciplinaries (or used to) for stupid things by the sounds of it... Someone got one for "talking" lol
    God thats crazy! Your store sounds like it has some evil managers!
    I swear your meant to only get a disiplinary after 3 times calling sick?!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by cherrycola32)
    God thats crazy! Your store sounds like it has some evil managers!
    I swear your meant to only get a disiplinary after 3 times calling sick?!
    Don't know :woo: it's every time you call in sick here! lol

ReputationRep:
    I thought you just had to have one of those "back to work" meetings.

Anyway, if you get a disciplinary for having the runs, tell them you'll come in and **** on their desk next time :P.
    Also wouldn't it be a reportable illness?, therefore it would go through HR...

Getting a disciplinary for every sickness is a little extreme, but maybe the store has had major problems with people going off sick in the past?

We just have to fill out a return to work form with one of the duty managers. Several absences can result in disciplinary but that's only to make sure they are genuine illnesses.

ReputationRep:
    Well, when I needed some time off cause of personal reasons I rang my manager (rang the store asked to speak to him) a day before I was meant to come in.
    He was fine about it, but I don't think my current manager would be; I think it depends on your store/manager as to how understanding they are. I don't know about the notice thing, I guess I would just ring my manager, explain the situ and hope!

ReputationRep:
    Are your stores doing anything for Sports Relief?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I think ours is doing golf or something... I won't be awake so :cool:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.