Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Well I just finished and as I left our PR Ambassador was on an exercise bike the in entrance. Dunno if we're doing anything good though, other than encouraging people to do the local Mile.

ReputationRep:
    We are letting people play one of the games on the Wii Sports for £2 a go, and the person with the highest score gets £30

ReputationRep:
    our manager and deputy are doing a parachute jump or something, collected change at the end of checkouts.

They did a knitting competition, we're in sport mufti tomoro yay andd they've done other various things like a curry/quiz night.

Just finished again today and as well as having the PR Ambassador and somebody else on the exercise bike, there were a few people in the main entrance line dancing? Not very sporty but meh :p: When I left they had stopped, I guess they had got all jigged out.

Will see if there's anything going on tomorrow, but I'll probably be gone before the store even opens.

ReputationRep:
    check out this sport relief video, sainsburys heaton store managers and colleagues
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVVdZgCRzjA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mug51)
    check out this sport relief video, sainsburys heaton store managers and colleagues
    and there was a power cut there today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)
    and there was a power cut there today.
    did they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absurd)
    Are your stores doing anything for Sports Relief?
    Ours had a bouncy castle today & a Wii

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mug51)
    lol @ some of the old uniforms there! Thats bought home to me how modern our store is. We had a refit a couple of years ago though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mug51)
    did they?
    about 4pm. all the tills went down for about 5 or 10 minutes and people were giving out sweets to stop people kicking off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    lol @ some of the old uniforms there! Thats bought home to me how modern our store is. We had a refit a couple of years ago though.
    the new uniforms only started last monday there.:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)
    about 4pm. all the tills went down for about 5 or 10 minutes and people were giving out sweets to stop people kicking off.
    lol at sweets, must be a pain to be on checkouts at that time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)
    the new uniforms only started last monday there.:p:
    Blimey! LOL I actually think the navy is way better :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Blimey! LOL I actually think the navy is way better :yes:
    only if you're lucky enough to be a manager, otherwise it's the beautiful orange. I miss that good old orange fleece.

ReputationRep:
    What did your stores all do for Sports Relief? We were gonna do this combined bike ride equalling the distance from London to Brighton, I was looking forward to it but wanted to wait til the list grew before putting my name down. But the list never grew And then names started being crossed out, and I don't think todays weather helped.

Today I served a lady who works at head office (it took me ages to work out she meant Sainsburys head office and I didn't understand why she was talking about this Justin guy as if I ought to know him) and she was telling me that they've been doing sponsored dances, swimming, running, cycling etc etc and raised £9000 on Thursday alone. Rather embarrasing when she asked what I had done, I tried to buy a few of the raffle tickets but they'd been taken away by the time I finished my shift, and I got to wear my Arsenal shirt to work today :o: I thought it was best I didn't say that though.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i miss my orange fleece too =(

our store had rowing or something

ReputationRep:
    I went in sports muftiiii, with a Sports Relief vest.

Wish my store had done something similar to that video haha, was good.

Curious as to how much we raised with other various fundraising thoughhh.

ReputationRep:
    As a store we've raised about 3k, our target is 4k though.

I have to do this flaming run today on the Embankment =P

ReputationRep:
    We've had one of the checkout team leaders dressed up as a clown for the last few days. Don't know what that has to do with sport though! A few other people are running the mile and a few of us were sent along to run the mile with Justin in Edinburgh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sigma421)
    We've had one of the checkout team leaders dressed up as a clown for the last few days. Don't know what that has to do with sport though! A few other people are running the mile and a few of us were sent along to run the mile with Justin in Edinburgh.
    Justin was in Edinburgh running the mile?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.