The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

teh_samby
The 15% discount starts on Thursday 25th March and finishes on Wednesday 7th April.

perfect thank you. i want to buy an ipod but im not 100% sure my store sells it.
can i buy it online with the discount still?
thanksss
samsam123
perfect thank you. i want to buy an ipod but im not 100% sure my store sells it.
can i buy it online with the discount still?
thanksss

Yep! You have to register on the site then call them and ask them to add your discount card to your account. It'll come on within 24 hours I think.

I'm having a bit of trouble with this myself, I dunno if anyone can help me. I registered on the site a few days ago, then called up but they couldn't find me on the system. The woman asked me for my account/customer number and said I should have got it in an email when I registered. So when I got off the phone I looked, and I did get an email, but it doesn't have my customer number on it. The woman on the phone was saying she couldn't do anything else without it because she could find my address on the system, but my name wasn't there. (The address was probably from when my mum bought something over the phone with my discount card). Anyone got any ideas?

EDIT: Never mind, I sorted it out. And this time the woman said the discount card would be on my account within the next hour. Not sure how you can tell if the card is on your account or not, but hopefully it's all sorted.
Well I'm working good friday (10 hours in total), the Saturday and Easter Sunday (7 hours of it) and won't get the bank holiday premium thing. :awesome: If you're on the old contract you get a Sunday premium for working 7 hours of Sunday on the Saturday shift, so I'm losing out there as well. I feel so resentful. lol. I work the worst days at work (the whole weekend) and on top of that other people get extra for doing it and I don't!!!! Grrr. /rant
Reply 4463
inksplodge
Well I'm working good friday (10 hours in total), the Saturday and Easter Sunday (7 hours of it) and won't get the bank holiday premium thing. If you're on the old contract you get a Sunday premium for working 7 hours of Sunday on the Saturday shift, so I'm losing out there as well. I feel so resentful. lol. I work the worst days at work (the whole weekend) and on top of that other people get extra for doing it and I don't!!!! Grrr. /rant

Yeh, I find that unfair. I do the same job as them, and work longer hours and yet they still get paid more than me.
Foulish
Yeh, I find that unfair. I do the same job as them, and work longer hours and yet they still get paid more than me.

i find it incredibly unfair as do a lot of my colleagues. urrgh. and on top of that they can't even be arsed to turn the damn heating on!

can you tell i'm looking forward to work tonight? :mad:
Reply 4465
Woo payday and 15% discount :biggrin: Awesome.
Reply 4466
Would be nice if we were told about the 15% Discount... we bought a tv the other day with just 10% off... oops!
Reply 4467
I can officially unsubscribe from this thread. Got my last bit of pay today (they didn't deduct hours for holidays etc - I was right, my manager was wrong (read cock) :P )

Good luck to all of you :smile:
Another two people are leaving the shift and they're not replacing them. We are STRUGGLING because there are only 13 people, 2 team leaders and a manager left for the shifts. Bearing in mind only a few of them do four days and three of them want to drop to 3 days cos of family commitments, and team leaders are no longer allowed overtime... which is ****. Cos they were doing extra to cover the shifts. Doomed :awesome: really not a good place to work right now. We usually need at least 8 people on a shift to do all the work set comfortably, and Saturdays we have more like 5.

on the bright side it is pay day and now i'm going shopping :awesome:
I bought a wii today, having second thoughts now, might return it :/........only cost £120 though :biggrin: (yay for 15% staff discount)
It also had a "think 25" on it :s-smilie:.
Nevasleep
I bought a wii today, having second thoughts now, might return it :/........only cost £120 though :biggrin: (yay for 15% staff discount)
It also had a "think 25" on it :s-smilie:.

Maybe for games that came with it? Nice, though :biggrin: Black or white?! I paid £240 for my Wii over a year ago... massive sad face lol
strawberry_princess
What?? Why are people not getting bank holiday premium?!

Well I started in november 2008 & they had stopped paying it before then, so someone would need to have been there quite a few years now I expect, to get paid it.
Reply 4472
Don't think they paid me for all my overtime/work I did during a booked holiday. I feel a wage query coming on.
Reply 4473
miml
I can officially unsubscribe from this thread. Got my last bit of pay today (they didn't deduct hours for holidays etc - I was right, my manager was wrong (read cock) :P )

Good luck to all of you :smile:

We're not letting you leave this thread that easily ! ! !
Spazzycazzy
Well I started in november 2008 & they had stopped paying it before then, so someone would need to have been there quite a few years now I expect, to get paid it.

My boyf started in '07 and got it then so must've been within that time. It's so lame.
Spazzycazzy

I think it must have been October 2008 it stopped then. I started in September 2008 and got it and I'm sure some other people who started in October also did.
Reply 4476
Yeah I got bank holiday premium when I started in August 2008, not that I work many Mondays these days. Wish I got 1.5x on overtime/Sundays as well but oh well.
Does anyone know whether you get the bonus if you're serving notice?

I'm due to leave on 2nd May and bonus is on 26th April (I think)...

Also, are we entitled to all our holiday prior to leaving? My manager's only allowing me 3 weeks. Can't be asked to look through the contract, I'm well and truly sick of Sainsburys having been there for 18 months.
Reply 4478
I've been underpaid by a penny! I get £6.74 an hour and they've short-timed me an hour at 6.75 :rolleyes:

Should I say something? :s-smilie: I don't wanna come across as an uptight stingy git :p: LOL
flipshot
I think it must have been October 2008 it stopped then. I started in September 2008 and got it and I'm sure some other people who started in October also did.

Thats typical, sounds like I just missed out then :mad:

Latest