The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

it's so lame... they should be treating every employee the same

on a different note, they have discovered the invention called 'heating' in my store. it is blasting down GM which is a stupid idea cos it's full of chocolate... i thought i was actually going to pass out last night, it was so hot :s-smilie: kept running to fresh to cool down :tongue:

oh yeah, clocks go forward tonight. i get to work until 8am, yay
Reply 4481
inksplodge
it's so lame... they should be treating every employee the same

on a different note, they have discovered the invention called 'heating' in my store. it is blasting down GM which is a stupid idea cos it's full of chocolate... i thought i was actually going to pass out last night, it was so hot :s-smilie: kept running to fresh to cool down

oh yeah, clocks go forward tonight. i get to work until 8am, yay

check on that, your only required to work a set amount of hours :')
Foulish
check on that, your only required to work a set amount of hours :')

yeah, we had to work til 8 ... how irritating. i was absolutely shattered, covered in bruises and scratches, and even managed to trap my hand in the door thanks to some idiots who insist on leaving things outside the cupboard doors so i can't ******* get in without nearly killing myself

why does work have to make life so damn difficult! :mad:
Who is entitled to this bonus coming up? What if you started May 2009 and left December?
morris743
Who is entitled to this bonus coming up? What if you started May 2009 and left December?

I don't think you'd be entitled any more because you're no longer a part of the company? But I may be wrong, someone more knowledgeable than me will know!
inksplodge
I don't think you'd be entitled any more because you're no longer a part of the company? But I may be wrong, someone more knowledgeable than me will know!

Ok ta :smile: I guess I won't be I'll take it and run if so:biggrin:
inksplodge

What about me? I've been there for 18 months but I'm leaving on 2nd May. I'll be an employee over the date we would get it, but I'm worried maybe because I'm serving notice they might not give it to me?
Reply 4487
please can anyone give advice, I need to leave sainsburys due to illness, but of course they say '4 weeks notice needed' in the handbook.

I can give them 4 weeks notice, but do i need to work this period out because I don't know if i can

i'm worried they might refuse to give me a reference

help!!!!!
Reply 4488
orchid
please can anyone give advice, I need to leave sainsburys due to illness, but of course they say '4 weeks notice needed' in the handbook.

I can give them 4 weeks notice, but do i need to work this period out because I don't know if i can

help!!!!!

If you speak to your manager (store, HR or department managers) then I'm sure they'll understand and accomodate in whatever way they can. Maybe they'll just give you a few months off (probably unpaid) but I very much doubt in these circumstances they'd hold it against you if you're unable to serve the full 4 weeks notice.
Reply 4489
orchid

help!!!!!

You can leave with immediate effect.
how do i get a job at sainsburys? :frown: the jobs on their website is practically non-existant..
Just keep looking, something will come up soon enough, when it does apply striaght away.

Anyway, do staff get free delivery on the online grocery deliveries? I wont by buying more then £40 worth of stuff very often, and its £6 delivery if i pay less then that :frown:
Reply 4492
Foulish
You can leave with immediate effect.

and still get a reference from them?
Reply 4493
kyle_y
If you speak to your manager (store, HR or department managers) then I'm sure they'll understand and accomodate in whatever way they can. Maybe they'll just give you a few months off (probably unpaid) but I very much doubt in these circumstances they'd hold it against you if you're unable to serve the full 4 weeks notice.

thanks
Reply 4494
Untitled258
Just keep looking, something will come up soon enough, when it does apply striaght away.

Anyway, do staff get free delivery on the online grocery deliveries? I wont by buying more then £40 worth of stuff very often, and its £6 delivery if i pay less then that :frown:

I don't believe so, but you can use your staff discount card to get some reduction
orchid
I don't believe so, but you can use your staff discount card to get some reduction

Rubbish! I will just have to do a two weekly online shop instead of a 1 weekly.
Untitled258

Not free unfortunately. I get mine every week delivered, but you do get a bit of staff discount off it obviously, in on all the shoping x
cant believe its wednesday tomorrow already. nearly time to go back to work :frown:
inksplodge
cant believe its wednesday tomorrow already. nearly time to go back to work :frown:

:frown: When are you back, tomorrow? How long you been off?
morris743
:frown: When are you back, tomorrow? How long you been off?

thursday night, finished last shift at 8am on sunday... urghghh :tongue:

Latest