The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

inksplodge
thursday night, finished last shift at 8am on sunday... urghghh :tongue:

Hmm well by my calculations you have roughly 48 hours and counting to have the time of your LIFE before Thursday!!:biggrin:

No TSR

No computer

Go and get wasted:p:

Then march into work Thursday so out of it they send you home.

And that is what we retailers call a result.

Thank you and goodnight!:woo:

Or...which section do you work on poor friend?:frown: All are bad in my unbiased opinion, checkouts being least so in my store!
morris743
Hmm well by my calculations you have roughly 48 hours and counting to have the time of your LIFE before Thursday!!:biggrin:

No TSR

No computer

Go and get wasted:p:

Then march into work Thursday so out of it they send you home.

And that is what we retailers call a result.

Thank you and goodnight!:woo:

Or...which section do you work on poor friend?:frown: All are bad in my unbiased opinion, checkouts being least so in my store!

Night shift. :biggrin: I seem to get all the really **** jobs by the looks of it.
Can someone tell methe processes required for making a formal complaint? What will happen to me? Is it likely anything will happen to the people I am complaining about?

Basically, the checkouts manager and checkouts team leader don't like me and always treat me like **** when I have to go down there from my normal department to help them out in busy periods.

I know they have a personal grudge against me, it's clear my face doesn't fit. I haven't done anything to rub them up the wrong way.

The team leader in question usually leaves me on a checkout for an extortionate amount of time before he shuts me down (support mean, do a quick bit if support then go when the queues die down a bit), because he likes to play the power game with me.

Is it likely my complaint will have any effect, bearing in mind senior management are not going to turn against each other for the sake of a general assistant like me who can easily be replaced?
Reply 4503
You think we have big queue's at the tills......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwCgbiFxnI4
our queues are relatively short whenever i've been in there during the day lol. but man that's crazy
Ha! That has to be a MAC fail for sure.

We always loose points for queues, and bag re-usage actully :frown:
Reply 4506
Untitled258
Ha! That has to be a MAC fail for sure.

We always loose points for queues, and bag re-usage actully :frown:

I hate to be picky but that would be a MCM failure, not a MAC.

I think WalMart have a different queue system. I believe they have 1 queue for all their checkouts (Like that in Primark etc)
Reply 4507
Wildebeest
If you feel that there is an issue where you are working that needs escalating, then you are well within your rights to make a formal complaint. Your first step would presumably be to make an appointment to speak to your HR Manager. Raising an issue doesn't have to be carried out as a formal complaint, though, and they should be understanding if you would just like to go and talk about whatever it is that concerns you when they are free.

It has to be said, however, that it pays to have a good think before doing anything and, dare I say it, to rationalise. I myself encountered some issues with how particular members of staff treated me as a checkout supervisor and they were without a doubt serious enough to get them into trouble had I gone and spoken to someone about it at the time. Despite being unhappy back then, it was more important to me that I didn't create a nuisance at work (this isn't by any means to say that was the sensible action to take). In your situation, I would have a good think to yourself about exactly why the staff in question are behaving as they are. Do others working on the checkouts share your views? Could their attitudes be a reflection of stress due to the busy times when you are required to help? Is being on a checkout for an extended amount of time the worst thing that can happen when you can refer your department manager elsewhere if they try to tell you off for it?

I certainly don't mean to imply that your complaint would be invalid: if you have a strong feeling that something is wrong, then something along the line most likely is. But if you want to raise your issues as a complaint, then you need to be able to explain them well and to expand upon accusations. Code 2 staff are called to support checkouts when they are getting into a state and this is a difficult time for everyone concerned, especially if you don't usually spend long on a checkout.

I want to add that Sainsbury's (and any other organisation) have a legal obligation to look into bullying.
Can't be arsed. An hour to go. Apparently we've got deliveries for tonight, tomorrow and Saturday coming tonight. Yay. Really can't be arsed, and I'm ill.

When do you get sick pay? I'm told it's 2 years? :| I feel dead but can't afford to lose £75 :rolleyes:
Reply 4509
inksplodge
Can't be arsed. An hour to go. Apparently we've got deliveries for tonight, tomorrow and Saturday coming tonight. Yay. Really can't be arsed, and I'm ill.

When do you get sick pay? I'm told it's 2 years? :| I feel dead but can't afford to lose £75 :rolleyes:

isn't sick pay after a year? And also you won't get paid sick pay until day 3 into your spell of sickness.
hello.

I have an interview coming up for a dispensing assistant position in the pharmacy department at my local sainsburys.

does anyone else work at a sainsburys pharmacy? if so, how was the interview? what kind of questions do they ask?

any advice would be much appreciated, as im not really sure what to expect.

also, ive been on the sainsburys thread and i couldnt really find much there..

thanks.
inksplodge

:eek: Are you there, or still here? I hope it's the 2nd one:biggrin:
Reply 4512
Mega Busy yesterday... wondering what today will be like... hopefully easier!
DDS
isn't sick pay after a year? And also you won't get paid sick pay until day 3 into your spell of sickness.

I think its nearer 2 years, ive been there 17 months & dont get it. Mind you, ive only had 3 days off since ive been there & they weren't together so I wouldn't have been paid anyway would I.
Happy easter weekend everyone. Hope you get atleast some of the 4 day weekend off! I'll be there tomorrow, but out of there by 10am thankfully, & the same bank holiday monday.
lol anyone ?
Sorry if it's been asked already but what's the bank holiday premium for someone who has been working there for about 8 month.s
DDS

Dunno =P lol. Everyone gets sick pay here for having just 1 day off anyway.

morris743
:eek: Are you there, or still here? I hope it's the 2nd one:biggrin:

I was just about to leave for work =P

I feel so god damn ill, physically and mentally. I think I might be close to handing in my notice cos I can't go on feeling like this any more. Need to pay my rent but urgh :mad:
Reply 4518
Don't you only do three nights a week?
FXX
Don't you only do three nights a week?

Yes, three ten hour shifts. I think I could cope better with just 20 hours to be honest but there's no way they'll let me drop a day since they've losing two people, two have already left and three more want to drop their hours. If I'm still there come October I will definitely have to drop a day cos of uni but still. That's still 6 months away. :frown:

Latest