The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm thinking about leaving, because of changes to shopping and we are soon moving to a new build where shifts will only be 4 hours....ugh!.
Reply 4521
I'm thinking of leaving because I'm ill today. I went to my shift which was 9 hours (10-7 and for me the 10-3 was overtime!) and they really didn't want me to go home but I was in muchos pain! I got home in the end after talking to the Duty but the way supervisors etc were about it was quite bad.

"You can't go home until it quietens down"

Well

Surely...

Sainsbury's have just as much a duty to look after their colleagues/workers/employees as we do to look after the customers. If we're badly treated we're not going to like our jobs and customers respectively are we?

What the hell.
:eek:
Reply 4522
Don't let them take the piss mate. Don't quit and stand your ground. If you are ill, you are ill. They can threaten you with disciplinaries and what have you but if your doctor can write a note just so you've got some proof there isn't much they can do. I would also make a complaint about their behaviour - if I remember rightly, this isn't the first time you've complained about your managers doing this sort of thing, is it?
Reply 4523
today was dead. I loved it. I spent 4 hours walking around the warehouse because one of the managers said there's nowt to do. Then I spent the other hour serving people, and the other patrolling the checkouts. We only had one till on in the last 90 minutes. We normally have about 5.
i'm not happy
i bought an ipod touch off sainsburys online last friday and it arrived monday
nowww... there's an offer for a free ipod dock
should i ring them up? Could i send them it back and just order it again? Luckily it's a present so it's unopened but I need it before next Saturday
thank you. I don't half have terrible luck sometimes
Reply 4525
samsam123
i'm not happy
i bought an ipod touch off sainsburys online last friday and it arrived monday
nowww... there's an offer for a free ipod dock
should i ring them up? Could i send them it back and just order it again? Luckily it's a present so it's unopened but I need it before next Saturday
thank you. I don't half have terrible luck sometimes

I had a similar thing happen last night on the CSD. She brought some TU glasses and saw that they went down to 50p. I was called over then I asked the manager and we where told we couldnt do it. Meh.

Might be a different story elsewhere though. Just return it and then go to another till 8-)
Reply 4526
Customer: can I have a Club Card form and can I get my Club Card points added on?
Me: No, your in Sainsbury's. NEXT.
our manager's news thing on the canteen tables irritates me cos the grammar is all wrong :frown: lol.

tonight is actually gonna be dead. they've got 13 people in (cos its a saturday and we're normally short, so they prepared) but theres no frickin' delivery so there won't be anything for 13 people to do for 10 hours! so... boring night ahoy.
crawleytownfc
Sorry if it's been asked already but what's the bank holiday premium for someone who has been working there for about 8 month.s

Anyone? :p:
Reply 4529
crawleytownfc

I know it's £2.02 extra an hour for me, but I don't know about you, I've been there for 2 1/2 years though.

Anyone got easter eggs left? People have been buying crazy amounts, and all we have left are Retro Smarties eggs, lindt bunnies, packs of creme eggs & mini eggs.... that was at 6 yesterday evening, so no doubt we'll get a load of stick today.... they've been in since before mothers day, don't leave it so late!
Reply 4530
Oh-No!
I know it's £2.02 extra an hour for me, but I don't know about you, I've been there for 2 1/2 years though.

Anyone got easter eggs left? People have been buying crazy amounts, and all we have left are Retro Smarties eggs, lindt bunnies, packs of creme eggs & mini eggs.... that was at 6 yesterday evening, so no doubt we'll get a load of stick today.... they've been in since before mothers day, don't leave it so late!

we had 3 or 4 palletes of each type of egg so hopefully customers won't complain to me :frown:

Our entire aisle is dedicated to easter eggs 8-)
Reply 4531
I didn't actually see the Easter eggs this morning, but yesterday the aisle was filled - but missing all the Cadburys eggs.
We had next to no easter eggs last night, I'm not expecting any tonight... we haven't had any easter egg deliveries for a few days - just using up the remainder of the stock.

Was doing backstock/tagging all night last night = boring. I wonder what I'm doing tonight. Probably GM backstock? (shoot me please - it's awful in there lol)

Oh and we have no security tags for some bizarre reason... It is making stock replenishment on H&B difficult cos we have to security tag everything over £5 and get into **** if we put them out without them.
crawleytownfc

I think technically we're not meant to get bank holiday premium but someone I work with who started the same time as me (end of September) said we will get it... but I'm not holding my breath. Be nice if we did, though.
Reply 4534
Well, you won't get any Easter eggs tonight considering the stores are closed tomorrow. What you see is what we have I would think.
FXX
Well, you won't get any Easter eggs tonight considering the stores are closed tomorrow. What you see is what we have I would think.

Definitely. We're putting the BBQ stuff in tonight, possibly ... Urgh. I'm dreading having to get the compost or whatever it is on the shelves... :eek3: might leave that for the big strong boys to do!
Reply 4536
inksplodge
our manager's news thing on the canteen tables irritates me cos the grammar is all wrong :frown: lol.

lol i find grammar for posters is bad in our store, spelling mistakes and that, makes the sainsburys staff look stupid. noticed a poster advertising something as a taster had 'chilly' rather than 'chilli'. thats for customers to see, wont be so bad if it was for staff. makes me want to get a 'grammar police' rubber stamp and stamp everything that has grammar problems.

outdoor picnic moves into easter bit, and you can buy basic charcoal :eek: and normal sainsburys charcoal. dont they do the same job and cook your chicken?
mug51
lol i find grammar for posters is bad in our store, spelling mistakes and that, makes the sainsburys staff look stupid. noticed a poster advertising something as a taster had 'chilly' rather than 'chilli'. thats for customers to see, wont be so bad if it was for staff. makes me want to get a 'grammar police' rubber stamp and stamp everything that has grammar problems.

outdoor picnic moves into easter bit, and you can buy basic charcoal :eek: and normal sainsburys charcoal. dont they do the same job and cook your chicken?

omg, i want a grammar police badge :woo:

**** i hate that charcoal, they've dropped it near the h&b cupboard door and i keep hitting my leg on it lol. :mad:
Reply 4538
Foulish
Customer: can I have a Club Card form and can I get my Club Card points added on?
Me: No, your in Sainsbury's. NEXT.

How about;

Customer: (handing me a receipt) Hello young sir, can I use this voucher here?
Me: Err... no. This is from The Co-op.
Customer: Well your advert says your in the same family.
Me: That's Somerfield. Not Sainsbury's.
Customer: Well what's the difference.
Me: It means you can't use that voucher here because we're not part of the Co-op.
Customer: Fine, I'll go to the Co-op.

(walks off leaving the shopping on the conveyor belt.)
PJ991
How about;

Customer: (handing me a receipt) Hello young sir, can I use this voucher here?
Me: Err... no. This is from The Co-op.
Customer: Well your advert says your in the same family.
Me: That's Somerfield. Not Sainsbury's.
Customer: Well what's the difference.
Me: It means you can't use that voucher here because we're not part of the Co-op.
Customer: Fine, I'll go to the Co-op.

(walks off leaving the shopping on the conveyor belt.)

Big LOL