Turn on thread page Beta

Quite often I get old people walking behind me saying, "I can't bloody find anything, I'm going to Tesco's next week," as if I'm going to make any attempt to stop them. All they have to do is ask. If they can't do that, then we're probably better off without them in the store.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mug51)
    do any of you care when customers say "i will go to asda or tesco instead".
    i don't i'd rather not deal with them so i don't know why they say it.

Cracks me up when they do that, like we'd care. Even people higher up in our store have been known to say 'why dont you do that then'
    The other week someone asked me where the Tesco's own brand something or other was. I said er at Tescos? We did laugh about that though

ReputationRep:
    I've got to work tomorrow on the tills but I'm really ill. I think I'll need to phone up in the morning if I'm not better. I need to ring at least an hour in advance don't I?

And what's this about 'back to work interviews' after being off ill? Do you just have one when you return for your next shift? Mine being Wednesday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)
    I've got to work tomorrow on the tills but I'm really ill. I think I'll need to phone up in the morning if I'm not better. I need to ring at least an hour in advance don't I?

And what's this about 'back to work interviews' after being off ill? Do you just have one when you return for your next shift? Mine being Wednesday.
    return to work, its just a form they need to fill in saying why you were off, I just had a 2 minute chat with my team leader.

Although last time he gave me a file note for only 2 absences ever in the whole year and a half I've worked there, which I had doctors notes for!! Grrrr :mad: I was so mad!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    We got a newsletter about the bonus - apparently if you started before October 4th but haven't been there a year yet you are entitled to a half year bonus .... so all hope is not lost.

ReputationRep:
    Full 3% for our store which is good
    Shame it's taxed though
    Also, Shame its not on overtime

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    Full 3% for our store which is good
    Shame it's taxed though
    Also, Shame its not on overtime
    does your bonus still get taxed even if you're under 18?

(Original post by samsam123)
    Yes. Age does not exempt you from being taxed :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samsam123)
    Neither being under 18 nor your education status affect whether you should be paying Income Tax on your earnings and any other income. A bonus is taxed in just the same way as other employment income.

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I have an interview at Sainsbury's in a couple days for a General Assistant job, and was just wondering the types of things they could ask, or look for.

I have asked a few people who work(or have worked) at Tesco's and they said that the questions could be to do with personality, and customer service. Just wondering if there are anything else they could ask.

And if anyone cant think of any, any suggestions on how to prepare

thanks

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview at Waitrose and they asked my questions like "question removed by moderator".

I assume supermarkets ask pretty much the same questions. Anyway, how the hell did you get an interview at Sainsburys?! I resorted to going in and giving them a CV because the online bit fails.

ReputationRep:
    yes, typical questions about serving people etc.
    then the little tests.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cardine92)
    I had an interview at Waitrose and they asked my questions like "if you were stacking a shelf and a customer came over and asked you where something was, what would you do?".

I assume supermarkets ask pretty much the same questions. Anyway, how the hell did you get an interview at Sainsburys?! I resorted to going in and giving them a CV because the online bit fails.

ok thanks. thought it would be like that, just wanted to check really. The last job interview i had did not go well

and i applied online, it seemed to work for me fine, then got a text 17hours or so later (the next day) instructing me to phone them up to arrange an interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)
    yes, typical questions about serving people etc.
    then the little tests.
    mostly the little tests

theres ones where you have to spot whats missing and do some maths in your head etc.

Questions are like : when can you start, are you a criminal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Burnsey91)
    ok thanks. thought it would be like that, just wanted to check really. The last job interview i had did not go well

and i applied online, it seemed to work for me fine, then got a text 17hours or so later (the next day) instructing me to phone them up to arrange an interview.
    I've been looking on the site for months now and there have been literally no part time assistant roles for the whole of greater London. All they ever have are team leader or driving roles so I went in, handed my CV to the manager and she said she would phone me to arrange an interview.

That was three weeks ago, but I went in the other day and gave the supervisor I saw before my number because he said she might have lost it. Arghhh :mad:

ReputationRep:
    one tricky question is: "would you like a shirt or polo shirt?". Another toughy being "Do you prefer jackets or a jumper?"
    I didn't know what to do at that point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cardine92)
    I've been looking on the site for months now and there have been literally no part time assistant roles for the whole of greater London. All they ever have are team leader or driving roles so I went in, handed my CV to the manager and she said she would phone me to arrange an interview.

That was three weeks ago, but I went in the other day and gave the supervisor I saw before my number because he said she might have lost it. Arghhh :mad:
    individual stores have much say in who to recruit. It's mostly done by central HR.

The site says: "We do everything online, so we do not accept CVs or give out paper applications. "

So they probably just took your number to get you to leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)
    one tricky question is: "would you like a shirt or polo shirt?". Another toughy being "Do you prefer jackets or a jumper?"
    I didn't know what to do at that point.

think i would have to run out the store screaming....theres too much choice in those questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Burnsey91)
    think i would have to run out the store screaming....theres too much choice in those questions
    I know. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't restrict my career to just a polo and jumper, where's the variation? Too many possible combinations!! Argh!

(I should be at Sainsbury's now but I'm as sick as a dog)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)
    individual stores have much say in who to recruit. It's mostly done by central HR.

The site says: "We do everything online, so we do not accept CVs or give out paper applications. "

So they probably just took your number to get you to leave.
    Yeah but they could have just told me that. Instead, I went in and asked if there were any vacancies and the manager told me there will be soon and asked if I had a CV on me because she knows how quickly any vacancies are taken off the site, so it's not like I just thrust a piece of paper at them, she asked me.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.