Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cardine92)
    Yeah but they could have just told me that. Instead, I went in and asked if there were any vacancies and the manager told me there will be soon and asked if I had a CV on me because she knows how quickly any vacancies are taken off the site, so it's not like I just thrust a piece of paper at them, she asked me.
    3 weeks and counting isn't exactly soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)
    3 weeks and counting isn't exactly soon.
    I know

I'm not holding me breath, even though I've been contacted by places after longer than that for an interview. Still, she asked for a CV. She could have just turned around and said "oh well, keep looking" but she didn't.

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview for sainsbury's about a year ago now. Probably still similar.
    You know the scenario questions they had online? I got asked a tonne of those. Smile. Come across as friendly and approachable. They love that.

They have the most annoying and difficult online application I have ever seen. Half of getting the job is managing to figure out how to get to through it. Also immense hours of training. Gah.

Try to think of some questions to ask them. Shows you're genuinely interested in the job.

mod edit: exact question removed

ReputationRep:
    I work for Sainsburys myself - the little tests are easy, as is the training..but the scenarios (if they still do them) are harder. Best thing: put in as much detail as you can..go through what you would do in certain situations step-by-step then they will know you are thorough which is a good thing. Also, smile a lot - as you would to a customer

Dont worry about it, in my experience, anyone can get a job in sainsburys if they are friendly.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    On the newsletter it's talking about an additional bonus on top of whatever you've already got? 1% or 0.5% or what? It's confusing.

ReputationRep:
    So it looks like I've missed out on this bonus thing by about a week. Joy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    On the newsletter it's talking about an additional bonus on top of whatever you've already got? 1% or 0.5% or what? It's confusing.
    Yeah, i think that we didnt achive sales, so we lost 0.5% but we achived good profit because of cutting down on wast and stuff, so we gained 0.5% so it works out the same.

I get the full 3%

ReputationRep:
    Is the bonus next week? I wanna know how much my store gets!

ReputationRep:
    Is bonus the percentage over your contracted pay?If I get 1% bonus and I earn £8000 a year, does that mean I get £80?

Also, how much bonus did you get last year?I got £84

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I was doing test purchases today. Was fun pretending to be a thief and buying jackets and putting (expensive) stuff in the pockets.

In the end pretty much every cashier failed atleast 3 of the 5 tests we put out for them in our test basket, most of the "mistakes" would have cost Sainsbury's about £40.

Worst I saw was a £93 loss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GuyUK)
    Is bonus the percentage over your contracted pay?If I get 1% bonus and I earn £8000 a year, does that mean I get £80?

Also, how much bonus did you get last year?I got £84

Thanks
    It will be your contracted hours and not what you do for overtime. I was a little disappointed in that last year.

I don't think we will get much of a bonus this year...
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Absurd)
    So it looks like I've missed out on this bonus thing by about a week. Joy!
    Why, when did you start?

According to our sales thing there is £20,000 to be shared for MCM and £20,000 for MAC anddd I've just seen this morning there's a 1% by the sales thing, not sure how much is given for that. I'm assuming that's just for our store, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    According to our sales thing there is £20,000 to be shared for MCM and £20,000 for MAC anddd I've just seen this morning there's a 1% by the sales thing, not sure how much is given for that. I'm assuming that's just for our store, right?
    I think its the same everywhere, so:
    1% MCM
    1% MAC
    0.5% Sales
    0.5% Good performance (or something)

(Original post by Foulish)
    I was doing test purchases today. Was fun pretending to be a thief and buying jackets and putting (expensive) stuff in the pockets.

In the end pretty much every cashier failed atleast 3 of the 5 tests we put out for them in our test basket, most of the "mistakes" would have cost Sainsbury's about £40.

Worst I saw was a £93 loss.
    Did they not know who you were?
    Silly cashiers.

We had some woman try to get a refund on a turkey today, no receipt, empty packaging, thought we'd just give her money back... haha nope! at least she didn't kick off like I thought she would lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    I think its the same everywhere, so:
    1% MCM
    1% MAC
    0.5% Sales
    0.5% Good performance (or something)

Did they not know who you were?
    Silly cashiers.

We had some woman try to get a refund on a turkey today, no receipt, empty packaging, thought we'd just give her money back... haha nope! at least she didn't kick off like I thought she would lol
    I just pretended that my mum came in and asked me to buy xyz for her while I was on my break so we could get the staff discount. I got a few looks when attempting to buy a womans coat + lipstick

Oh, and if your turkey woman kicked up a fuss I would have refused to refund her, simply on the basis that she feels compelled to make my day 10x more stressful.

ReputationRep:
    I'm back to work on tuesday after a week off. Its been so lovely (

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys-

A week ago on friday, so nine days ago now, I applied for a general assistant job in sainsburys in chelmsford, and ive had three emails from them that theyre reviewing all applications for the position. The latest one was on thursday. Is this good or bad as I havnt had a straight out rejection?
    Ive been rejected from other sainsburys stores before for being too young (counter assistant you have to be over 18 apparently), but Ive answered the questionnaire thing the same every time and have been offered an interview for the previous two positions ive applied for.
    How long does it take for them to reply?

ReputationRep:
    I've been in hospital so I have a week off, then if I fel okay to come back I'm working Saturday, then have another week off as holiday. Also trying to get a position on groceries online, but they're interviewing already. I left a note for the GOL manager with my phone number on so I hope he'll get in touch and I haven't missed my chance! GOL seems much less clicky than checkouts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teh_samby)
    I've been in hospital so I have a week off, then if I fel okay to come back I'm working Saturday, then have another week off as holiday. Also trying to get a position on groceries online, but they're interviewing already. I left a note for the GOL manager with my phone number on so I hope he'll get in touch and I haven't missed my chance! GOL seems much less clicky than checkouts.

We dont get a lot of chance to actually speak to each other, unless you're full time & have breaks. I think it can be a bit clicky then.
    Online is good if you like working on your own though, & pass each other in the store now n then :yep:

Our online department isn't clicky at all... Even though we all do different hours and different length shifts, everyone talks to everybody else. Bearing in mind there's nearly 30 of us, that isn't bad.

ReputationRep:
    Having a meeting about "How shopping is changing" this afternoon.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.