Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping i don't get taxed to take my earnings below £900, because that is just what i need to add to my car fund for my new one

I've not seen avatar, but want to see it now. I'm glad i get a t-shirt though - bye bye no uniform for a week or so!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i don't understand tax really. i know the cut off for personal allowance is like £6400 but i was due to just get over that this pay day (i was at like £5800 last payday) so i don't know what happens with tax considering the new tax year started this month.

ReputationRep:
    new tax year has started so im sure what you get paid tomorrow will start from 0.

but i'm not sure on the tax side of things, all i know is the tax man owes me around £1500.

as for avatar, i think im going to buy it, hopefully blu-ray version will be a good price at sainsburys. not seen it so dunno if the popularity was because of the 3dness or the plot was amazing.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by mug51)
    new tax year has started so im sure what you get paid tomorrow will start from 0.

but i'm not sure on the tax side of things, all i know is the tax man owes me around £1500.

as for avatar, i think im going to buy it, hopefully blu-ray version will be a good price at sainsburys. not seen it so dunno if the popularity was because of the 3dness or the plot was amazing.
    the plot was ****, i still don't fully understand what it was about! the special effects were as i said really good though. that was IMO the only thing it was good for i didn't see it in 3d though; i would assume it was pretty damn good in 3d. but yeah, the plot was rubbish. they should have made a better plot with those special effectsand what not and it would have been perfect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukely)
    What's 3% of peanuts? Not much. Haha!!

I'll get stuff all probably... even though our store is getting the 3% (high-5!) haha. Oh my.

Here's an interesting one - in online, do they do observations on you?

Scrap my previous reply! Haha! You must spend more time there than me! I went in today, yesterday being my regular day off, & apparently there was a meeting yesterday to tell everyone that they can no longer talk to each other on the shop floor, at all! Apparently we have been observed, I went to say good morning to colleagues when I started & got told we cant talk! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Scrap my previous reply! Haha! You must spend more time there than me! I went in today, yesterday being my regular day off, & apparently there was a meeting yesterday to tell everyone that they can no longer talk to each other on the shop floor, at all! Apparently we have been observed, I went to say good morning to colleagues when I started & got told we cant talk!
    How can they justify that? Sorry, but I would actually have it out with my manager/store manager if they said I couldn't talk to my colleagues, and I would still talk. Unless you talk and don't get the work done in your designated time, they have no reason to do such a thing.

How many times have you seen your manager/store managers talk to eachother - not related to work? Surely they should set the example?

(Rant over)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    How can they justify that? Sorry, but I would actually have it out with my manager/store manager if they said I couldn't talk to my colleagues, and I would still talk. Unless you talk and don't get the work done in your designated time, they have no reason to do such a thing.

How many times have you seen your manager/store managers talk to eachother - not related to work? Surely they should set the example?

(Rant over)
    It certainly doesn't apply to other departments because I had to find someone from chilled today for a customer & there were 3 or 4 of them stood at the end of the eggs isle chatting & laughing!
    At the moment we are running out of work every day early, today was just after 12. We had to go stack shelves. So we aren't falling behind. At the moment it's so the opposite.
    Everyone is sticking to it though, not talking, which is typical really. Thats why management know they can get away with being control freaks I think.
    Its so unprofessional though, there are quite a few that dont work wednesdays, so the only reason we know about this new rule is because other staff have told us!

ReputationRep:
    ^^ Crazyness, online is starting to go downhill with all these new rules/targets.

At my store the goal before was to get all the orders finished by 2pm, now it's all about your individual picking speed(which is far too ambitious).
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i "only" got £60 extra today :awesome: i usually get £852 ish after they take NI and today i got approx £912. no, i'm quite happy. i just wanna know how much tax i'm paying if i'm paying it

ReputationRep:
    I'm not too sure whats going on with my wages, I got £550 ish, I usually get £412 (after union & pension comes out) AND I had a day off sick! So I am looking forward to seeing my pay slip tomorrow!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    That guy who broke his ankle isn't getting paid anything, not even SSP. And I thought SSP was like, the law.

I worked the easter weekend too and didn't get much extra, what a load of balls :tongue: but £60 is 3 driving lessons. yay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    That guy who broke his ankle isn't getting paid anything, not even SSP. And I thought SSP was like, the law.

I worked the easter weekend too and didn't get much extra, what a load of balls but £60 is 3 driving lessons. yay!
    Oh, I wondered why my pay seemed higher than usual - I forogt that I worked the bank holidays ^_^

Oooh, and I got my first nightshift premium for a couple of hours.

I'm not too sure whats going on with my wages, I got £550 ish, I usually get £412 (after union & pension comes out) AND I had a day off sick! So I am looking forward to seeing my pay slip tomorrow!
    The bonus is pretty good this year I got £120.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    The bonus is pretty good this year I got £120.

Oh cool, maybe it was more than I thought it was going to be then. Do you do more than 16 hours a week though? I did work bank hol monday, but ive only been there since november 2008, so I shouldn't get extra for that should I?
    I will have a look at my payslip in the morning when I get there.

ReputationRep:
    I got practically **** all.

At least i think i did.

Oh cool, maybe it was more than I thought it was going to be then. Do you do more than 16 hours a week though? I did work bank hol monday, but ive only been there since november 2008, so I shouldn't get extra for that should I?
    I will have a look at my payslip in the morning when I get there.
    I only do 12 hours a week.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I dunno how much I got, I was only going to get a little bit anyway ^^

ReputationRep:
    What process do you have to go through if you decide to quit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Finbar21)
    What process do you have to go through if you decide to quit?
    after having worked 12 weeks it's 4 weeks written notice isn't it? I wouldn't really know, I'm finished next Saturday, but I'm still ill so haven't even worked this week.

I need a sick note now, or a fit note as they're now known. My contract ends on 1 May. So I don't know if that means as soon as 1 May happens, i.e. 00.01 saturday, I no longer work for them, or if I need to work 1 May as my very last day.

ReputationRep:
    My bonus (plus more) all went off in tax... bast*** Government

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.