Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    Apparently, if you wear a Uniform to work you can claim back the expenses incurred from washing and drying.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/185446/is-it-true

Might be of interest?
    I saw that on Facebook.. haven't tried it yet though, but it seems like free money :yep:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...9307774?ref=ts
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    We never 'run out' of work to do, they always find SOMETHING. :awesome: We even had to wash the floors the other day - that's the cleaner's job surely :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Well guys, this time around i didnt even make the interview stage :lol:

I dont think me and sainsburys are ment to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eddikins)
    Well guys, this time around i didnt even make the interview stage :lol:

I dont think me and sainsburys are ment to be.
    Oh no, sorry to hear that Eddikins, whats wrong with them ey!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nevasleep)
    At my store, we have a target of 34MPO(minutes per order):confused: , we don't unload the shopping anymore, and we aren't allowed to look in warehouses/out the back...if it's not there sub it. We also have to do as little pending as possible.
    We are meant to spend an average of 19 seconds in the online area:rolleyes:

This generally leads to team leaders standing around talking to the drivers half the time....thats what I used to do

Looks like some idiot in a suit in Holborn, who has never shopped came up with this for brownie points.

That said, my manager doesn't seem to be as interested in the targets now.

Us shoppers dont offload the trolleys at all. I might do if I only have one tote of shopping, but usually it's a case of leaving the trolley & picking up a new one, then you're off again.
    Since they shortened the shopping times recently, none of us are managing to do the AMB3's on time, that's the magazines, cigarettes, bread, eggs, alcohol. Probably because it starts at one end of the shop, goes to the other end, then to the middle! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    We never 'run out' of work to do, they always find SOMETHING. :awesome: We even had to wash the floors the other day - that's the cleaner's job surely :lolwut:
    Bank hol monday I worked from 6am til 10am, by 8.30am we had run out of shopping. We were given the choice by the store mananger to either go home & make the time up, or clean on the shop floor. I opted for cleaning, & ended up doing the drinks cans shelf. They were minging flithy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Oh no, sorry to hear that Eddikins, whats wrong with them ey!
    Hopefully i still have Game to fall back on :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    Does anyone know what the new Online targets are all about? I was in Sainsbury's earlier and one of the Online girls was on overtime at checkouts and was on a tangent about how things have 'gone to the dogs'. I can't stand the place, and I can't stand her, so I made a sharp exist.

What's so bad about them? :confused:
    Clear out your inbox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

:eek3:

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Lol, running out of work? I cant remember a shift in the past few months where i have finished on time because i have stuff to do.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Bank hol monday I worked from 6am til 10am, by 8.30am we had run out of shopping. We were given the choice by the store mananger to either go home & make the time up, or clean on the shop floor. I opted for cleaning, & ended up doing the drinks cans shelf. They were minging flithy
    Ours are too, I hate filling the drinks cabinet for that reason... bleurgh.

ReputationRep:
    You should clean the plastic covers on the shelf edge where the prices go. They are filthy >_>
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I hate buying from Sainsbury's simply cos it is dirty. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    You should clean the plastic covers on the shelf edge where the prices go. They are filthy >_>

Lol I did that at the same time!
    I seriously think they should actually advertise for someone, even only one person, to clean full time, all the shleves from one end to the other. By the time they have finished they would be ready to go again. Boring though I know!
    I am really frustrated at the moment with shopping. Item is out of stock on the shelf, so we sub it, later on we walk past an end shelf & the item is there!
    Even one of our team leaders agrees we haven't got time to go searching the store.
    Trouble is, this will get a black mark when the MCS notices it in the store, so even though the dept managers dont give a shiney apparently. They soon will need to! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    we have a lady in our store that does the cleaning, employed by the store not by interserve.
    are eveyone elses milk aisles stinky? i rarely go down that aisle so not sure if it's bad not but it used to smell of bad milk. and the sel safe had dried milk on them.

Our milk aisle is fine. We did have a bit of a problem a week ago when a customer pushed a broken tin of beans to the back of the shelf. Made the aisle smell of farts.

ReputationRep:
    Our health and beauty aisle used to smell of pee. o_O

ReputationRep:
    Lol I did that at the same time!
    I seriously think they should actually advertise for someone, even only one person, to clean full time, all the shleves from one end to the other. By the time they have finished they would be ready to go again. Boring though I know!
    I am really frustrated at the moment with shopping. Item is out of stock on the shelf, so we sub it, later on we walk past an end shelf & the item is there!
    Even one of our team leaders agrees we haven't got time to go searching the store.
    Trouble is, this will get a black mark when the MCS notices it in the store, so even though the dept managers dont give a shiney apparently. They soon will need to!
    To be fair, I run my finger across the shelf edge in ASDA, and their exactly the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Our milk aisle is fine. We did have a bit of a problem a week ago when a customer pushed a broken tin of beans to the back of the shelf. Made the aisle smell of farts.
    That reminded me of a customer I had who wanted to bring meat back because it smelled nasty. I said to him I'll do no questions asked, as long as I don't have to smell it

What did he do? He opened it so I could smell it. >_<
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    our milk aisle is a bit gross, i got milk all over my trousers the other day cos it had leaked everywhere, i was terrified i was going to break my neck by slipping on it...

i think crying your eyes out after a shift is incredibly abnormal. i think i need some sleep

ReputationRep:
    Ugh!, it was as busy as christmas instore today, and I kept getting Chilled2 and AMB1 picks(They involve first and second asle which are bottlenecks at my store).
    Also, Bloody Old People!!.
    Also, Late deliverys!!. -- Seemed like the 5am or 6am delivery didn't arrive until 11.30.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.