Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nevasleep)
    Ugh!, it was as busy as christmas instore today, and I kept getting Chilled2 and AMB1 picks(They involve first and second asle which are bottlenecks at my store).
    Also, Bloody Old People!!.
    Also, Late deliverys!!. -- Seemed like the 5am or 6am delivery didn't arrive until 11.30.

LMAO @ the old people bit. I was saying to others at work yesterday that the government should stagger pension days throughout the week, because it's turning into a joke in our store on thursday. I would be like those stores that only let 2 youths in at a time, but make it only 2 pensioners at a time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    Does anyone know what the new Online targets are all about? I was in Sainsbury's earlier and one of the Online girls was on overtime at checkouts and was on a tangent about how things have 'gone to the dogs'. I can't stand the place, and I can't stand her, so I made a sharp exist.

What's so bad about them? :confused:
    Heloooooooooooooooooooooo??????? ?????

ReputationRep:
    I have two questions:

When does pay go up?
    When will pay day be in July?

Thanks

Not sure about a payrise, it can't be too far off. We get paid on the 16th of July.

ReputationRep:
    Pay reviews are normally in around September.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I'm soooo tired. Apparently we did a lot of work on Thursday night and we were +20hrs in front despite being 4 people down. Tonight we are several people down but it's ok cos they got a couple of people in to do overtime, they're so happy about it (!)

ReputationRep:
    I would hate to work overnights. I have done a couple and they are just exhausting, obviously less so if you do it regularly no doubt but it's just not right :P we're not badgers! I feel sorry for the overnight staff, one at our store has worked on that dept since 1980 :|
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by theamazingconquistadore)
    I would hate to work overnights. I have done a couple and they are just exhausting, obviously less so if you do it regularly no doubt but it's just not right :P we're not badgers! I feel sorry for the overnight staff, one at our store has worked on that dept since 1980 :|
    bloody hell! our longest-serving colleague has been there 10 years, since he left school pretty much

ReputationRep:
    At lot of things have happened in our local store in the last week.

1. They have put proper signage in telling people that the six small tills are for BASKETS ONLY, not for pensioners who think that and i quote a trolley is a "Basket on wheels"

2. Installed the bi-metric scanners, the ones with row of lights that flash when it has read the barcode

3. changed the monitors to the ones with the left right up down buttons (well they looked like updown buttons)

4. taken out 2 belt tills to install 4 new self service basket tills (6 more on the way!!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 05worthad)
    1. They have put proper signage in telling people that the six small tills are for BASKETS ONLY, not for pensioners who think that and i quote a trolley is a "Basket on wheels"
    It won't work. It doesn't in my store.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 05worthad)
    lol basket on wheels. tell them if they remove the wheels you will serve them.
    think the only signs we have are ones hanging from the ceiling, and to be fair no one really looks up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absurd)
    It won't work. It doesn't in my store.
    On the rare occasion I get put on a till and end up on the basket only checkout I actively enforce it. The reason is: a. I get to be a ***** to customers and 2. When people bring trolleys though they have a go at me, or occasionally, cause massive arguments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    bloody hell! our longest-serving colleague has been there 10 years, since he left school pretty much
    That's weird, loads of people at our store have been there since the 80s! At least 25 people if not more, and then we have many many more who joined in the 90s! What store do you work at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    On the rare occasion I get put on a till and end up on the basket only checkout I actively enforce it. The reason is: a. I get to be a ***** to customers and 2. When people bring trolleys though they have a go at me, or occasionally, cause massive arguments.
    I'm really lenient. When I'm on the basket-only till I'll serve any one with a trolley of any size if there isn't a queue, and anyone with one of those smaller trolleys thats not less than half-full at anytime. As long as I'm serving someone and not sitting idly watching the clock then it's okay with me. And also I try to avoid confrontation when in the store except for when there's a 'This till is now closed' sign up on the end of the belt and people choose to ignore it. That annoys me.

ReputationRep:
    Blimey it's getting worse for online shoppers yet again. Written on our noticeboard today, something about our average shopping time overall for last week was 42 minutes, should be 40 minutes & is soon to go down to 38 minutes.
    It also said if we cant manage that, see the manager about re training.
    I asked what my times were, last week my average was 30 minutes! Yes! I was second last week, only one of our blokes faster, & boy is he is fast!
    She said not to do anything with my times, they're fine. It's a few people she is meaning about as she didn't want to mention names, but they know who they are apparently.
    Eeeek. Wonder what they can do if their times dont improve?

ReputationRep:
    Probably start disciplinary action, and then eventually get moved, or sacked for poor performance.
    I've never had any formal training for the role(so that would be my excuse)..I'm leaving in a week anyway

It also depends on what picks you get, and what hours/days you work too.

ReputationRep:
    Mine are mainly AMB1's, AMB 2's & Chilled 2's. Rarely get any of the others. I do 16 hours a week, 4 days of 4 hours.
    One of the women that started the same day as me is leaving in a couple of weeks. Sad times (
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by theamazingconquistadore)
    That's weird, loads of people at our store have been there since the 80s! At least 25 people if not more, and then we have many many more who joined in the 90s! What store do you work at?
    A really small one. It used to be a different supermarket before Sainsburys took it over

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    A really small one. It used to be a different supermarket before Sainsburys took it over
    Bet you don't have many staff then :P We have about 300 I think, I have worked there for 16 months and I still haven't even met some of them!

I've worked for 20 months but I only work mornings, so I don't see anyone in the afternoons/evenings/early nights, so I probably haven't seen half of them.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.