Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If you've had time off work for illness but it's been planned and they knew you were going and when you were coming back, would you need to do a back to work interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teh_samby)
    If you've had time off work for illness but it's been planned and they knew you were going and when you were coming back, would you need to do a back to work interview?

Hmmm not too sure. I think it's called something else now.
    I was off about 3 weeks ago, & haven't done one of those yet.

ReputationRep:
    If you filled out one of the forms informing them of your absencem then you should have to do a RTW

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    If you filled out one of the forms informing them of your absencem then you should have to do a RTW
    Thanks! I'm going to work today for the first time in three weeks. I definitely don't feel like it, lol.

ReputationRep:
    Bump! Cant have the Painsburys thread drifting off the page! lol

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been confronted with fake ID? How can you tell if it's fake, we were never told. The only thing you can do is check the security marks, right?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I'd say if you think it's fake then you have every right not to accept it :dontknow: better to be safe than sorry. I think most IDs have holograms, I don't know if they still work on fake ID?

If you have any reason to suspect it's fake, it probably is. I'd call over a supervisor though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm being trained on groceries online next week! :woo: Anyone got any tips or info so I can get a bit of a head start? Anything at all!

I'm being trained on groceries online next week! :woo: Anyone got any tips or info so I can get a bit of a head start? Anything at all!
    Not really. The job is a piece of piss. You walk around scanning barcodes and putting things in blue boxes.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Apparently working nights means you die younger. That's definitely going on my 'list of cons about working at Sainsbury's'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Not really. The job is a piece of piss. You walk around scanning barcodes and putting things in blue boxes.

Ooooh, talking of blue boxes, we have new ones & they are plum. Same colour as the uniform. But they are tiny! Cant fit large cereal boxes in them. We test drove them last week for a few hours, but eventually there will be new trolleys arriving to go with them, with 8 spaces on, 8 customers, it's all going to the dogs :rolleyes:

(Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Ooooh, talking of blue boxes, we have new ones & they are plum. Same colour as the uniform. But they are tiny! Cant fit large cereal boxes in them. We test drove them last week for a few hours, but eventually there will be new trolleys arriving to go with them, with 8 spaces on, 8 customers, it's all going to the dogs :rolleyes:
    Oh jeez. Well they haven't really thought about that one, have they? I'll have to see if we're getting them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Oh jeez. Well they haven't really thought about that one, have they? I'll have to see if we're getting them.
    I expect everywhere will be. I love their policy of 'if it aint broke, fix it anyway'
    And here was me thinking online shopping wasn't actually very profitable for them as it was!
    I prefer the colour, but they are going to increase the 'action 6' looooads..

I expect everywhere will be. I love their policy of 'if it aint broke, fix it anyway'
    And here was me thinking online shopping wasn't actually very profitable for them as it was!
    I prefer the colour, but they are going to increase the 'action 6' looooads..
    Yep. Unless they plan on splitting some of the shops up even more.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    When you say blue boxes are you on about the blue totes? Please don't make those smaller I can't be doing with a thousand of those at the start of every shift ... !

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if any of the old lot are still here but I worked for Sainsburys for almost a year up til Sept 2009, when I went to uni. And my supervisor said I could definitely get a summer job back working at Sainsburys. Pshhhhhhhh. Nope.

So now I am betraying Sainsburys, and have an interview on Friday for Waitrose. Talk about going up in the world haha.

ReputationRep:
    Are they plum coloured with with holes in? Those could be the older style ones.
    8 orders per trolley, I sometimes use 8 blues for just 4/5 orders.

I bet the drivers aren't very happy:p:

Had my last online shift today , although glad I'm leaving the madness and early starts:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    When you say blue boxes are you on about the blue totes? Please don't make those smaller I can't be doing with a thousand of those at the start of every shift ... !
    Blue totes which online uses. They don't have lids, which I think the deliveries/night shift totes do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nevasleep)
    Are they plum coloured with with holes in? Those could be the older style ones.
    8 orders per trolley, I sometimes use 8 blues for just 4/5 orders.

I bet the drivers aren't very happy:p:

Had my last online shift today , although glad I'm leaving the madness and early starts:woo:
    Nah these are definitely new. No holes in them. They have bumpy sides on them. The stickers you write on, are right over the bump so not easy to write on. I like them, but they are smaller, so using them with the trolleys we have at the moment is a bit of a nightmare. If you're not careful they twist & fall through the bottom lol
    Be nice to see what the new trolleys are going to be like. Not sure when they arrive.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.