Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Oh actually, we've had those totes sitting in our office for a while. We had to use them when we ran out of the blue ones over Christmas and stuck AX labels on them. They're not brilliant, and we have no where near enough, but if they want to make things worse who am I to stop them? I'll just carry on doing my job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Oh actually, we've had those totes sitting in our office for a while. We had to use them when we ran out of the blue ones over Christmas and stuck AX labels on them. They're not brilliant, and we have no where near enough, but if they want to make things worse who am I to stop them? I'll just carry on doing my job.
    lol yep

ReputationRep:
    Who's ready for Measure 25 then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukely)
    Measure 25.....?
    Is it that thing where there are lots of test purchases, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukely)
    Oooh what is it?

Oh, and any online person want to answer this for me:

I placed an order for online shopping and I rang up the helpline to get my staff discount added on. Where it says "other discounts/savings" on the website, is this my Staff Discount saving?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    Measure 25.....?
    Is it that thing where there are lots of test purchases, or am I barking up the wrong tree?
    We've been doing test baskets for a bit now. Cashiers have cottoned on though, so I bring my hoody down with me to make it actually look like I have finished work 8-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    Oooh what is it?

Oh, and any online person want to answer this for me:

I placed an order for online shopping and I rang up the helpline to get my staff discount added on. Where it says "other discounts/savings" on the website, is this my Staff Discount saving?
    I cant remember to be honest. But if they HAVE added your discount right, when you get to the confirm payment page, you will need to tick a box that says you understand that staff discount is only for colleagues & members of their family in the same household blah blah blah.
    If you get to the visa verification page & you haven't had to tick that box, they haven't added it. Dont do the varification page & ring them again.
    But they should have done it right.

ReputationRep:
    We've been doing test baskets for a bit now. Cashiers have cottoned on though, so I bring my hoody down with me to make it actually look like I have finished work 8-)
    So you do the test purchases yourself? Surely the cashiers already know you and therefore dont id you? :confused:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Nevasleep)
    Blue totes which online uses. They don't have lids, which I think the deliveries/night shift totes do?
    Nope, they have no lids! They stack them so bloody high and the heavy ones are always on top too, really ****** me off cos I'm only 5'4 and not the strongest of people, think I could easily kill myself with those things :woo:

New trolleys? I would love new cages cos the ones we have atm are rubbish, the wheels are really bad and they're really hard to drag along

ReputationRep:
    What's Measure 25?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    I cant remember to be honest. But if they HAVE added your discount right, when you get to the confirm payment page, you will need to tick a box that says you understand that staff discount is only for colleagues & members of their family in the same household blah blah blah.
    If you get to the visa verification page & you haven't had to tick that box, they haven't added it. Dont do the varification page & ring them again.
    But they should have done it right.
    Ah, yes your right. I ammended my order, then checked it out again and it showed up. I didnt do that before. I would have been annoyed if the staf discount didnt come off. And since you cant get a refund on staff discount you missed out on I wouldnt have used Online deliveries again :P

ReputationRep:
    Ah, yes your right. I ammended my order, then checked it out again and it showed up. I didnt do that before. I would have been annoyed if the staf discount didnt come off. And since you cant get a refund on staff discount you missed out on I wouldnt have used Online deliveries again :P
    Pretty sure the discount doesn't show up on the final amount online either?
    It's not until it's been delivered I can see the amount deducted.
    Might just be me though lol

ReputationRep:
    There ha sbeen a massive armed robbery in the store next to ours. M&S close before us and the robbers got away with some money. Put a gun to a staff members head and made them put in a code to get out the staff entrance of M&S.

The security guard ran out of the M&S entrance (Rather than the Sainsbury's/M&S shared entrance) and then went to the Sainsbury's Petrol Station and told them to call the police and he got let into the back area. When the police arrived, 2 came into Sainsbury's with dogs and requested to know where the M&S food hall was.

Duty manager went to the petrol station and had to try and coax the M&S security guard out of the petrol station back area. After 20 mins they did it.

ReputationRep:
    Blimey. Worrying Stuff. Did they get away with much?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    That sounds terrifying! We had a robbery at the bank yesterday :awesome: don't think they got much though

ReputationRep:
    6am shifts suck. >.< Don't wanna get up at 5am again tomorrow for more online training!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    Blimey. Worrying Stuff. Did they get away with much?
    They took some money apparently, but I don't know how much.

I suppose it depends on the department. What is the food hall? The M&S Cafe or their food sale area?

(Original post by teh_samby)
    6am shifts suck. >.< Don't wanna get up at 5am again tomorrow for more online training!
    Umm, you've kind of gone into the wrong department really. Didn't you even consider the early starts?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I hate 9pm starts :awesome: I wish we had 8 hour shifts. Alternatively I'd rather start at 8pm and finish at 6pm. But they're actually trying to get us to do 10pm til 8am. NO THANK YOU. A hell of a lot of people would quit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    I hate 9pm starts I wish we had 8 hour shifts. Alternatively I'd rather start at 8pm and finish at 6pm. But they're actually trying to get us to do 10pm til 8am. NO THANK YOU. A hell of a lot of people would quit.
    I prefer late nights.I avoid mornings, not because its early, but because the people who work in the mornings are those that have been working for the company for 20 odd years so try to tell you how to do your job, and generally complain at how the company is going down the drain. Seriously, if you hate it that much gtfo and get a new job.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.